Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too many marks are taken like this. Maybe Morecrofts 15 years ago.

One of the footy shows had numerous examples of Waite going for marks with his boot straight out in the back of the guy in front of him.

Some small forwards do it to, push out the guy in front with their boot - not to "launch up" but to get him out of the way to allow an easy mark.

I don't mind putting the foot up to protect against someone coming towards you when you are waiting for to mark the ball - not in the face though (high contact = free)

Be ridiculous if AFL make a rule change, as it will be difficult no to inlcude sprigs in the back whilst marking - what is the difference to sprigs in the front?

One of the footy shows had numerous examples of Waite going for marks with his boot straight out in the back of the guy in front of him.

Some small forwards do it to, push out the guy in front with their boot - not to "launch up" but to get him out of the way to allow an easy mark.

I don't mind putting the foot up to protect against someone coming towards you when you are waiting for to mark the ball - not in the face though (high contact = free)

Be ridiculous if AFL make a rule change, as it will be difficult no to inlcude sprigs in the back whilst marking - what is the difference to sprigs in the front?
I don't understand the fuss.

As you say if he creates high contact it is a free against.. Easy to do if he jumps high.

Also if he extends his leg too far he is at risk of injury if a player knocks he knee hard.

These two reasons are why a lot of players dont do it.

Rucks use their legs for protection all the time. I don't see the issue of Greene feels he can avoid these two issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paddy whacking is fun but at the end of the day he's set himself up nicely.

A brownlow medal
A house on the beach where he surfs
Married with children to the ruling class.
MillIon dollar media and gov sponsorship
Will get at least one more season playing out of geelong than here
Much more media attention and fame

All this doing the hard yards in Adelaide

Alpha males........

Really? Dumb comment.
What, because a footballer who has experience finals and passed on his experience .....is questioned by a reporter whose never kicked a football

There are big picture aspects, of the game, that everyone can have an opinion ....you, me, media ......but those that have played in an AFL Final do not have the right to be questioned by someone, like Caro

The graham cornes response - how many games have you played?
I've played Finals Football ....albeit at a much, much, much , much lower level ....but can attest to the fact that your touch & feel of the footy is vastly different to normal games

I don't understand the fuss.

As you say if he creates high contact it is a free against.. Easy to do if he jumps high.

Also if he extends his leg too far he is at risk of injury if a player knocks he knee hard.

These two reasons are why a lot of players dont do it.

Rucks use their legs for protection all the time. I don't see the issue of Greene feels he can avoid these two issues.

Are we talking common sense Geoff ? ......god forbid

What, because a footballer who has experience finals and passed on his experience .....is questioned by a reporter whose never kicked a football

There are big picture aspects, of the game, that everyone can have an opinion ....you, me, media ......but those that have played in an AFL Final do not have the right to be questioned by someone, like Caro

I do agree with this.

I will balance this out by saying I value Daisy Pearce's comments about the game much more than I do about Caro's. Had she been the one taking on Juddy I would have respected her opinion.

I do agree with this.

I will balance this out by saying I value Daisy Pearce's comments about the game much more than I do about Caro's. Had she been the one taking on Juddy I would have respected her opinion.
Spot on !!

I'm certain I've seen Betts do it on multiple occasions.

Also let's never forget the time Jarrad Waite received a free kick for kicking Otto in the love spuds.

Also let's never forget the time Jarrad Waite received a free kick for kicking Otto in the love spuds.

One has to ask - what exactly was the free kick against Otten for? Otten didn't touch him. One of the worst decisions ever made?

It doesnt count steps, heart rate or how far you run and how quick you did it.

Nor can it answer calls or view messages.

Useless.

I often tell my mate who wears a 20k Rolex how useless his watch is.

Your cash does none of those things!

Given that that is useless too, I’ll happily take it off your hands and find a safe place for it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

& clearly hasn't learnt his lesson... so the AFL keep taking the soft approach until Greene inflicts damage on an opponent.

Seriously, the AFL is being run by a bunch of out of touch morons, who pretend they protect the interests of players, but action doesn't back up the talk.
They also pretend they run a fair competition, then sign a contract for grand finals at some teams' home ground for the next 40 years

People will lose their minds when/if Betts starts getting pinged for it.
It's only because Toby is a renowned thug that it has become an issue; the Dahlhaus kick got the ball rolling and now the pitch forks are out.

Paddy whacking is fun but at the end of the day he's set himself up nicely.

A brownlow medal
A house on the beach where he surfs
Married with children to the ruling class.
MillIon dollar media and gov sponsorship
Will get at least one more season playing out of geelong than here
Much more media attention and fame

All this doing the hard yards in Adelaide

Alpha males........
He's doing alright, but I'm not sure Geelong is any better for it

...but those that have played in an AFL Final do not have the right to be questioned by someone, like Caro

It's great that you took a ludicrous statement, doubled down on it, and then mangled your syntax so that your reply makes no sense. Triple threat!

the Dahlhaus kick got the ball rolling and now the pitch forks are out.
The Dalhaus was a free , the other didnt look good and I can see the merit in it being a free. I have said the grey area is going to be in the back

Your cash does none of those things!

Given that that is useless too, I’ll happily take it off your hands and find a safe place for it ;)
Who has cash anymore.

I can pay for things with my watch.

My mates Rolex cant even do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back