News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Im sure it hasn’t escaped your notice but Roo isn’t playing any more.
He needed to retire when he did, injury wise, but ( cancer scare aside obviously) Roughy seems pretty durable and still in good nick. ( pun intended :p)

We need some mature experienced bodies pretty much all over the ground. A midfielder would be nice....but we need to find one who’s on offer.
How did you quote me there???

Im sure it hasn’t escaped your notice but Roo isn’t playing any more.
He needed to retire when he did, injury wise, but ( cancer scare aside obviously) Roughy seems pretty durable and still in good nick. ( pun intended )

We need some mature experienced bodies pretty much all over the ground. A midfielder would be nice....but we need to find one who’s on offer.

You quoted vds Anyway I know roo isn’t playing. My point is I’m sure he was teaching them. Surely McCartin and membery are past teaching. Anyway let’s pretend he comes to us and is fit. Going to be some sad supporters when only one of battle Marshall or McCartin play each week

By the way why is roughy on offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You quoted vds Anyway I know roo isn’t playing. My point is I’m sure he was teaching them. Surely McCartin and membery are past teaching. Anyway let’s pretend he comes to us and is fit. Going to be some sad supporters when only one of battle Marshall or McCartin play each week

Upgrade on Paddy... Straight swap.

How did you quote me there???

Sorry...meant to quote plugger.
I see what you mean though...weird.
I must have tried to answer another of your posts, changed my mind and not deleted it properly .Sorry :straining:

I’m not sure he is on offer. Reading between the lines though. He’s come out saying he is determined to play on, but then so were Mitchell, Lewis and Hodge pretty much and Clarko had no compunction in ditching them.

Agree that unfortunately when you bring one of these older players in some of our others miss out, but how do you balance it when we obviously need some extra experience?

You’re obviously saying if we get someone of that ilk it should be a midfielder I suppose. That would be first choice. But who is out there that would fit the bill?

Final round fixture out now.

Saints fixture is reflective of our season and a taste of next year coupled with the AFLs belief that North won’t still be a chance for finals at this stage.
View attachment 535306

I reckon there could be a record low attendance for 2 Melbourne based teams coming up if North are done.

I reckon there could be a record low attendance for 2 Melbourne based teams coming up if North are done.

Agree. We don’t even have any retiring champions send off this year in the final game as far as I’m aware, maybe Gilbo and Armo but not the sorts to have people come out in droves.

AFL prob hoping there is nothing to play for so they can try some new rules before next year.

Saints fixture is reflective of our season so far and a taster for the kind of fixtures we can expect next year. Coupled with the AFLs belief that North won’t be a finals chance by then.
View attachment 535306
North have Brisbane, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide and St.Kilda in the run home. All winnable games for them. I suspect the AFL is thinking the opposite. That the final eight might be alive until the final game of the season and the result of the Saints North game could create a ratings bonanza

Saints fixture is reflective of our season so far and a taster for the kind of fixtures we can expect next year. Coupled with the AFLs belief that North won’t be a finals chance by then.
View attachment 535306
The AFL will be hoping Ben Brown needs to kick a certain amount of goals to win the Coleman.

We're saving up Freezer Paton Goddard and Pierce for that blockbuster.
Give them a chance to show us what they're made of.
Funny how Cho Chos brain works.

North have Brisbane, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide and St.Kilda in the run home. All winnable games for them. I suspect the AFL is thinking the opposite. That the final eight might be alive until the final game of the season and the result of the Saints North game could create a ratings bonanza
That image itself even says that Saints v North is last as it could affect North's finals position.
It also says that with the bye round before finals the matches that include finals teams can be spread out over the 3 days instead of pushing them into the earlier matches like they used to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're saving up Freezer Paton Goddard and Pierce for that blockbuster.
Give them a chance to show us what they're made of.
Funny how Cho Chos brain works.

Richo: 30 possessions and 2 goals each lads or you are delisted.

Goddard: But I’m a KPD?

Richo: Hey I don’t make the rules Hugh. Since June I haven’t even been picking the team. I’ll be on the bench if you fancy catching up during the game.

Actually having had a look at the fixtures, a lot of the teams around the mid to bottom of the 8 play each other so North are a very good chance.

Just did a ladder predictor and 3 from the last 4 should get them in.

Imagine North winning knocks the Demons out of the 8. I’d take another honourable loss.
If North needed to win by a certain margin for Melbourne to miss the eight, I would encourage our players to kick the ball to North all game.

If North needed to win by a certain margin for Melbourne to miss the eight, I would encourage our players to kick the ball to North all game.
Come on, the idea about kicking TO anything is a little advanced for this group.

A
Pretty sure its Armo. Stevo is speaking to him on 7 news.
Absolute filler type puff piece. Armo said he hoped to keep playing and get back into the team for the last month. When Stevens pressed him with the old, "would you leave if approached by another club?" Armo replied with the old, "I've got a couple of good years of footy left in me." Make of that what you will. (Some paraphrasing) you get the drift.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back