News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why cant we just play Port at Etihad for once!

Its crap that we will be forced to sell a home game for Ports agenda, and will still probably be forced to go to Adelaide Oval again to play them twice. All it does is disadvantage us onfield even more.

If we had our own agenda it would be more defensible. We dumped Tassie. Failed in NZ. Ignored Ballarat, Cairns, Darwin, etc. So all we say to the AFL is "we play at Docklands" - no wonder we get asked strongly to take one for the comp.

If we had our own agenda it would be more defensible. We dumped Tassie. Failed in NZ. Ignored Ballarat, Cairns, Darwin, etc. So all we say to the AFL is "we play at Docklands" - no wonder we get asked strongly to take one for the comp.
I might be old school, but I actually like that we play all our home games at our home ground, a luxury that only the "Big Vic" clubs gets.

We may be a smaller club, but why cant we tell the AFL to piss off when it comes to this just like Collingwood would.

I might be old school, but I actually like that we play all our home games at our home ground, a luxury that only the "Big Vic" clubs gets.

We may be a smaller club, but why cant we tell the AFL to piss off when it comes to this just like Collingwood would.
+1

Why cant we just play Port at Etihad for once!

Its crap that we will be forced to sell a home game for Ports agenda, and will still probably be forced to go to Adelaide Oval again to play them twice. All it does is disadvantage us onfield even more.

We get a million for it at least.

Really doubt we play them twice given our finish probably GC , Blues , Brisbane , Doggies , Adelaide

As much as I'd like that, we're not Collingwood and not in a position to piss them off. We are already more reliant than the great majority on the afl, and if the club continues on like it has done this year, that reliance is not going to decrease.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best things at the saints in the last few years is the development of Tom Morris. From saints social media and saints website reporter to lead fox footy journalist.
Josh Gabelich who has also done our media is doing good things at Fox as well.

If only our football development program was as good as our media development is.

Unless Im mistaken, we are the only Melbourne based Club (inc Geelong) that plays all 11 home games at our home ground

That was my thought.
It's not the year to be playing dressup, it's more a year to just have a quiet lunch at the pub in smart casual.
When I read the headline, "Saints get Lade", I instantly thought, not another mad Monday scandal!

Unless Im mistaken, we are the only Melbourne based Club (inc Geelong) that plays all 11 home games at our home ground
You would be correct.

Dogs, North, Melbourne, Hawks all sell home games.
Essendon and Carlton are Etihad tenants but also get home MCG games MCG.
Geelong's are split between MCG, Kardina and Etihad.
And Collingwood have to play a few 'home' games at Etihad.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-29/luck-of-the-draw-who-had-the-easiest-fixture

Interesting article. Hopefully next year it turns for us. Richo will certainly be hoping so.

Was an interesting read. Amazing how different our draw was compared to Melbourne’s given we finished below them on the ladder. AFL was desperate to make sure they played finals.

That being said, we were putrid and I doubt we play finals even with their draw, given we were only able to beat poor teams (and one surprise victory against Melbourne).

We looked miles off the teams that finished 9th to 15th.

Was an interesting read. Amazing how different our draw was compared to Melbourne’s given we finished below them on the ladder. AFL was desperate to make sure they played finals.

That being said, we were putrid and I doubt we play finals even with their draw, given we were only able to beat poor teams (and one surprise victory against Melbourne).
Agree there Indie.......was a very interesting article.

It basically confirmed with a raft of stats what we have suspected all year.....we did in fact after the smoke had settled have the hardest draw.

We played 12 games against the top 8 teams and 6 against the top 4.

Considering where we finished on the ladder last season....it's head scratching how we received the draw we did.

Given the state of our list...…..our incredibly bad skill levels...….lack of tactical nous......injuries etc....it certainly goes a way to explaining why we finished where we did.

Combine all of that and hello bottom 4 finish.

Also on the AFL site is our season review...…….scored an F.

Another good article is:

"If you could turn back time...….your clubs big regrets".....a very good read.

Cher anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back