News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw the following on the AFL site:

Article time dated as 10.09 today.

-Ray Connellan has been delisted.

-Darragh Joyce is expected to sign a new deal as a rookie.

-10 Saints players are out of contract.

-Saints will conduct exit interviews this coming Tuesday and Wednesday.

We'll certainly know this Wednesday evening how our side will most likely look like going into 2019.

Also an article on the AFL site time stamped 10.00 am this morning re Brendon Lade expected to be at RSEA next season.

This was commented on here yesterday and I think Friday.

It will be his 3rd club in 4 seasons.

Mmmmmm.

We'll certainly know this Wednesday evening how our side will most likely look like going into 2019.

Good time to delist up to 10 players when you've traded out of the best draft in ages.

Also an article on the AFL site time stamped 10.00 am this morning re Brendon Lade expected to be at RSEA next season.

Mmmmmm.
Who else would come to be an assistant under Richo? Certainly not Sam Mitchell

Mmmmmm.
Richo's happy

k2hdll.jpg

Good time to delist up to 10 players when you've traded out of the best draft in ages.
Agree there gringo......with the one first round pick coming up....we appear to have shot ourselves in the foot.

I've put a cross against 6 of those 10 players...be interesting come Wed evening to see how I fared.

Of the 10 listed players.....Langlands(rookie) was also listed.

Who else would come to be an assistant under Richo? Certainly not Sam Mitchell
I'm certainly looking forward to any further announcements with great anticipation.

After the horror year we've had....I find all the speculation on players/assist coaches etc a little exciting.

So far...speculated assist coaches are:

Ratten

Harvs

Lade.

If the club gets all of this right.....I'm very optimistic on the future.

I hope Simon L has a great mobile plan.....he's phone would be going into meltdown over the last few months.

I'll say it again....it's so disappointing that the club has been "asleep at the wheel" with regard to the Football Dept.

So so disappointing.

Hopefully Gilbert has his early in the morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmmmmm.

Think the family liked living in Melbourne wanted to come back, Schofield will come from WA with his son
who is certain to be picked up by Port .
Actually hope he is ruck coach but sounds like going to be forwards coach.

Certainly upgrade on Peta Searle.

I'm certainly looking forward to any further announcements with great anticipation.

After the horror year we've had....I find all the speculation on players/assist coaches etc a little exciting.

So far...speculated assist coaches are:

Ratten

Harvs

Lade.

If the club gets all of this right.....I'm very optimistic on the future.

I hope Simon L has a great mobile plan.....he's phone would be going into meltdown over the last few months.

I'll say it again....it's so disappointing that the club has been "asleep at the wheel" with regard to the Football Dept.

So so disappointing.
Don’t think Lade is a good get

I got one from Ross Sebastian that just said Gday Saints fans. Gotta love Ross! Well Done St Kilda, another poorly executed delivery.
Same as me. It just sums up the year really, reading through a generic email from “Ross” where they couldn’t even execute a cut and paste just seems right.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...aints-back-up-the-ladder-20180826-p4zzwu.html

Trading places: All-out talent grab to help Saints back up the ladder

St Kilda will launch their most aggressive-ever assault on the trade and free agent market during the off-season.

The recruiting drive is expected to be unmatched in comparison to any previous efforts during Alan Richardson's time as coach, in a bid to boost the maturity of their list.

"We need to do some work to support that [young players].

It is challenging obviously that free agents have choice but we will do whatever we can to make sure the right ones choose us.

Trading, we are going to be aggressive.

I am really confident that Simon Lethlean [head of football] and his team have done work that is much more aggressive than it has been in my time."

Richardson denied suggestions his club would have to take another step back in 2019 to go forward in the future.
"No that's not our focus. Our focus is to be aggressive and coach really strongly, challenge our players to look at this year as an incredibly disappointing year, a year in which we underachieved and we need to respond."

:rainbow:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...aints-back-up-the-ladder-20180826-p4zzwu.html

Trading places: All-out talent grab to help Saints back up the ladder

St Kilda will launch their most aggressive-ever assault on the trade and free agent market during the off-season.

The recruiting drive is expected to be unmatched in comparison to any previous efforts during Alan Richardson's time as coach, in a bid to boost the maturity of their list.

"We need to do some work to support that [young players].

It is challenging obviously that free agents have choice but we will do whatever we can to make sure the right ones choose us.

Trading, we are going to be aggressive.

I am really confident that Simon Lethlean [head of football] and his team have done work that is much more aggressive than it has been in my time."

Richardson denied suggestions his club would have to take another step back in 2019 to go forward in the future.
"No that's not our focus. Our focus is to be aggressive and coach really strongly, challenge our players to look at this year as an incredibly disappointing year, a year in which we underachieved and we need to respond."

:rainbow:

This smacks of them overrating where we are at again. We will trade out players and lose our first pick. Hanners will be no better than anything we have and keep Gresham out of the midfield etc. Acres, Bruce, Dunstan, Hickey, Longer, Lonie, Goddard all probably gone. I have no faith in them .We would improve just getting players back from injury and a bit o natural progression.

This might get us up around 9th again but sell the future off to not be as bad. I just hope a spill occurs and clears the decks soon.

Our lot playing dressup. Can't say I'm all that thrilled by it....

i get theyre going to let their hair down and all but geeze they don't seem to fully appreciate how ****ing shit we are. not sure their first public comment after the weekends loss, after a failed season, coming from two of the leadership group should be when he's dressed up as a ****ing zombie with a saints tie on

who ever cleared that one clearly doesn't get it

i get theyre going to let their hair down and all but geeze they don't seem to fully appreciate how ******* shit we are. not sure their first public comment after the weekends loss, after a failed season, coming from two of the leadership group should be when he's dressed up as a ******* zombie with a saints tie on

who ever cleared that one clearly doesn't get it
That was my thought.
It's not the year to be playing dressup, it's more a year to just have a quiet lunch at the pub in smart casual.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Mad Monday, I love it. AFL players are watched 24/7 and every little move is seen by everyone. They have no privacy and the intensity and pressure placed on them for 9 months every year is insane. They should be able to have one day where they can dress up and get smashed and have a great time together.

All the clowns like Robert Walls and Kane Cornes bagging clubs that have them (unless they're Geelong, of course) have no idea. As long as we're not on the news for the wrong reasons on Mad Monday then they can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back