List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way Hannebery is worth Pick #3. I get the desire to pick up a Hannebery and a first round pick for our pick#3 but I am really keen to pick up a superstar with our first round pick and the odds of getting him with pick #3 are far far far greater with pick #3 than with Sydney's first round pick

Lukosius, Walsh, Rankine, Max King, Ben King, Smith.

That's the top six picks right there, in any order.

If we trade down we are just going to keep getting foot soldiers. There are good players still available but the risk that goes up that they will be busts.

I hope we don't hit GC levels of stupidity with Hanners. I'm happy to pay for him and one of our players going to them for anything from the second round onwards.

Surely we won't be that stupid.

Hanners for pick 4 = no way
Pick 4 for a pick swap and Hanners = I'm warming to it depending on the pick(s)
Pick 4, Hanners and a FA = my preference

Basically I'm prepared to give up a truckload of cash for Dan(s) and any of our surplus players and not much else. I feel the draft is too top heavy with talent to jump out for a 28 year old whose body of work in recent history has sharply declined (last week notwithstanding).

I have faith in our team this year and am really surprised and glad we have realised that no top flight genuine gun is heading our way and are looking at our foundation to begin our climb up the ladder and targeting these FA's in future when we *are* an attractive proposition.

Think we'll make out like bandits this year.
I can see us using this year to get some experience in to help us get back to where we were in 2016/17. And then the following year, targeting some of the GWS FA's for that "elite talent" we are missing.

And with Gresh/Billings coming out of contract next year, we do need to rebound quickly so they can see a path moving forward.

Yuck Birdman, there is no way you would give more than a second rounder for him. They want to dump him, don't get sucked in to over pay for him off one okay game. He's shot. If we could get Norths first we should use it at the draft not blow it on Hanners. The best anyone can say that he will bring is training standards. We could bring Brendan Goddard back as an assistant if we wanted that.
If he is shot, don't get him even for nothing.
How do you know he is shot?

Rors is a physio who deals with what JOM professionally. He thought he wad shot.
If a professional like Rors can get it wrong, how can someone with no background know if a player is done.

Again if he is, why even look at him?

Really? The amount of opinion passed off as fact on here is mind boggling.

We aren't trading for Alex Johnson

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well i think they were ;) I know we didn't win too many games back then but it was fun watching plugger choke the shit out the footscray dude , and the day he went mental against the crows and kicked about a million goals , well it felt like a million
Just checked the stats for that Crows game
Round 7 in 1991
St.Kilda 24.18.162
Adelaide 4.7.31
Lockett kicked 12 goals
Funnily enough it was not Adelaide's lowest score against us. That happened in 2011
Saints 19.13.127
Crows 3.6.24
Milne kicked 8 goal on that day
Ahh!.... the good old days when we could actually kick more goals than points and Adelaide were crap!

Just checked the stats for that Crows game
Round 7 in 1991
St.Kilda 24.18.162
Adelaide 4.7.31
Lockett kicked 12 goals
Funnily enough it was not Adelaide's lowest score against us. That happened in 2011
Saints 19.13.127
Crows 3.6.24
Milne kicked 8 goal on that day
Ahh!.... the good old days when we could actually kick more goals than points and Adelaide were crap!
I think plugger played on Nigel Smart that day plus about six others and still carved them up ,and Stewie kicked a few that day too if the old brain is still working

I think plugger played on Nigel Smart that day plus about six others and still carved them up ,and Stewie kicked a few that day too if the old brain is still working
Didn't he kick 10 in the 1st half on the old melb full back Danny Hughes?
Then the pleb got dragged in front of the saints faithful just before H/T!
Twas a special day indeed...Was his first game back from injury too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rors is a physio who deals with what JOM professionally. He thought he wad shot.
If a professional like Rors can get it wrong, how can someone with no background know if a player is done.

There was a Sydney supporter call up SEN last week and said he was cooked so it must be fact?

Didn't he kick 10 in the 1st half on the old melb full back Danny Hughes?
Then the pleb got dragged in front of the saints faithful just before H/T!
Twas a special day indeed...Was his first game back from injury too!
Ah yes , i remember that , the crowd went nuts giving him heaps , was it Hughes that plugger threw into the fence or was he the recipient of the famous choker hold

Pick 4 for Alex Johnson.

Back our medicos to get him right...

One way we could get a top ten pick for Hanners (if that's really what would be needed) is to trade our PP and another second round pick (picked up from a trade) for North's pick 10. The points would be slightly higher for North who will use it on Thomas.

Thing is, Sydney will then likely have to use one of their firsts on Blakey, so I can see why they would want to trade up in the draft.

Port will get Norths pick for Polec

Ah yes , i remember that , the crowd went nuts giving him heaps , was it Hughes that plugger threw into the fence or was he the recipient of the famous choker hold
Ah yes the famous Plugger choke hold! Many suffered from it Esp an Ess plodder called Brad Fox i think
who claimed he nearly died...:openmouth:
The throwing into the fence was some Sydney battler! And Kennedy was the dirtbag from the Dogs
who Plugger loved to choke the shit out of! lol

Herald Sun saying pick 4 is in play for Hannebury. I have warmed to the idea of getting Hannebury after his game last weekend but no way at the exepense of our first rounder. Anyone here want to see our first rounder go as part of a deal for Hannebury?
I doubt it would be a direct deal with Sydney.
Another club will be involved.
Like Adelaide or Port Adelaide.
That at least gets us another Rd1 pick.

Stewie kicked 2.0 goals
McAdam kicked 1.6 (I blame Dixon)
Jayson Daniels 1.0 & 26 disposals (new goal kicking coach?)
Harvey had a lazy 39 possessions and 2 goals (we need him back!)

There is no way Hannebery is worth Pick #3. I get the desire to pick up a Hannebery and a first round pick for our pick#3 but I am really keen to pick up a superstar with our first round pick and the odds of getting him with pick #3 are far far far greater with pick #3 than with Sydney's first round pick

This!
We are terrible, there is no way we should let possible jet from a top 3 or 4 pick go in the position we are in, no effing way.
Lets be honest we aren't making finals next year the way its looking, take our pick 3 or 4 and hopefully a couple in the 20s or something if we can trade Savage or someone smartly and then get 20 games into them next year for a tilt at finals in 2020, aka the year that hanners is 30? and most likely more shot than he is now

Stewie kicked 2.0 goals
McAdam kicked 1.6 (I blame Dixon)
Jayson Daniels 1.0 & 26 disposals (new goal kicking coach?)
Harvey had a lazy 39 possessions and 2 goals (we need him back!)
Ok , maybe i had a few more than i thought that day :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back