List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really strong & pleasing post.

From a coaching perspective? Bringing Menzel into our footy club is definitely my want...we will look at all good players that are available and, if it is that Dan is one of those players we will go after him strongly.

Yeah we want to be aggressive and bold in Free Agency there's no doubt about that.
And if i hear him say that again im going to spew , he is such a record

Menzel of course will always have injury concerns given his history, and potentially having him in the same forward line as Paddy would be a worry defensively, but he is a genuine goal kicker and has kicked 100 in 49 games since his return in late 2015 after the 4 year injury layoff.

I would only be interested in Menzel if he cost us next to nothing. He is not a lead up player, he is an out the back, joe the goose type goal kicker. Lacks any defensive side to his game, a Membrey downgrade for me. You could not play McCartin and Menzel in the same forward line, from a defensive point of view it would be the equivalent of playing with 4 forwards.

One way we could get a top ten pick for Hanners (if that's really what would be needed) is to trade our PP and another second round pick (picked up from a trade) for North's pick 10. The points would be slightly higher for North who will use it on Thomas.

Thing is, Sydney will then likely have to use one of their firsts on Blakey, so I can see why they would want to trade up in the draft.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don't have Sydney over a barrel yet.

Might be a bunch of other clubs interested in Hanners who are willing to trade with Sydney

850k is prohibitive though.

Herald Sun saying pick 4 is in play for Hannebury. I have warmed to the idea of getting Hannebury after his game last weekend but no way at the exepense of our first rounder. Anyone here want to see our first rounder go as part of a deal for Hannebury?

Melbourne sold the farm for Lever. They don’t have a 1st RDP. Presumably their currency would be in future picks (which have little appeal) or players. Not sure what they could offer.

I assume the Crows would be desperate for either Lukosius or Rankine (who the Bulldogs are reportedly very keen on).
It makes absolute zero sense that Melbourne would go for our pick 4. What could they offer? No first round pick and as if they would give us one of their young guns to draft a younger...young gun....?

Ah yes , i think thats correct , see what happens when you get to the ground at 10.30 , Damn i miss those days
I'm still sticking with him dropping Watts!
Sure he did!
News to me that he got into ol Trav Payze as well! Could handle himself Payzey, so no mean feat!

The big boy was quite busy back in the day...lol
Could play a bit of the football though!

Herald Sun saying pick 4 is in play for Hannebury. I have warmed to the idea of getting Hannebury after his game last weekend but no way at the exepense of our first rounder. Anyone here want to see our first rounder go as part of a deal for Hannebury?
It might depend on what happens with Sydney over the next two weeks. They could easily end up anyway between 10 and 6th. So Pick 9 to 13 territory.

So Pick 4 for Pick 9 and Hannerbery. Values Hannebery @ 33 - late second round = OK?

Pick 4 for Pick 13 and Hannebery - values Hannebery at 23 = too high!!!

Sure he did!
News to me that he got into ol Trav Payze as well! Could handle himself Payzey, so no mean feat!

Now i'm totally confused and i havn't even had a drink , all i remember was walking up that ramp from the bar underneath into the sun , couldn't see a thing for about five mins , hang on , maybe the beers had something to do with that :drunk:

It might depend on what happens with Sydney over the next two weeks. They could easily end up anyway between 10 and 6th. So Pick 9 to 13 territory.

So Pick 4 for Pick 9 and Hannerbery. Values Hannebery @ 33 - late second round = OK?

Pick 4 for Pick 13 and Hannebery - values Hannebery at 23 = too high!!!

I don't like these linear values on draft picks. Everyone is saying (and from what I have seen quite rightly) that this year's top 5 or 6 is outstanding. Pick 3 or 4 this year potentially has a very high value - a Smith/King/Walsh. I want the club to use 3 or 4 on the best in draft. If that means missing Hannebury I am OK with that, he is not a compelling case.

Oh I don't know if you read my posts from earlier this evening but I did mention we were in talks with Crows and Demons about what we were all doing with our picks.

Crows want one of the SA boys and won't be available at their pick. Don't know who Demons want but they must want someone badly if they are hoping to get up the order a bit.

Melbourne need a guy like Rankine. Unfortunately so do we, quick outside runners who kick goals sounds exactly like the type a good club would go for seeing they need one. We will use it on the King twin with one leg who will end up being the next Tyrone Vickery I guess any way so might as well trade it out and see if we can find another Dunstan and Newnes with those picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne sold the farm for Lever. They don’t have a 1st RDP. Presumably their currency would be in future picks (which have little appeal) or players. Not sure what they could offer.

I assume the Crows would be desperate for either Lukosius or Rankine (who the Bulldogs are reportedly very keen on).

Harmes for a top 4 pick coming up ;)

Now i'm totally confused and i havn't even had a drink , all i remember was walking up that ramp from the bar underneath into the sun , couldn't see a thing for about five mins , hang on , maybe the beers had something to do with that :drunk:
Ahhh yes....Good times...:dizzy:

One way we could get a top ten pick for Hanners (if that's really what would be needed) is to trade our PP and another second round pick (picked up from a trade) for North's pick 10. The points would be slightly higher for North who will use it on Thomas.

Thing is, Sydney will then likely have to use one of their firsts on Blakey, so I can see why they would want to trade up in the draft.

Yuck Birdman, there is no way you would give more than a second rounder for him. They want to dump him, don't get sucked in to over pay for him off one okay game. He's shot. If we could get Norths first we should use it at the draft not blow it on Hanners. The best anyone can say that he will bring is training standards. We could bring Brendan Goddard back as an assistant if we wanted that.

Ahhh yes....Good times...:dizzy:
Well i think they were ;) I know we didn't win too many games back then but it was fun watching plugger choke the shit out the footscray dude , and the day he went mental against the crows and kicked about a million goals , well it felt like a million

Sure he did!

It was Ricky Watt that Plugger dropped, IIRC. Jim Watts is father of Fergus, who we acquired from Adelaide. Fergus promptly broke his ankle and was done and dusted after one game. Cost us a first round pick back in 2005. Fergus is now a multi millionaire living in London. Jim helped set him up in business and young Ferg has done very well.

Jim was a pretty good operator as I recall. One of our best CEO's . He was sent to fix Carlton's finances by Vlad the Impaler (Demetriou) after he was done with us. Highly respected and would be a good appointment for us if he was still interested.

Hanners for pick 4 = no way
Pick 4 for a pick swap and Hanners = I'm warming to it depending on the pick(s)
Pick 4, Hanners and a FA = my preference

Basically I'm prepared to give up a truckload of cash for Dan(s) and any of our surplus players and not much else. I feel the draft is too top heavy with talent to jump out for a 28 year old whose body of work in recent history has sharply declined (last week notwithstanding).

I have faith in our team this year and am really surprised and glad we have realised that no top flight genuine gun is heading our way and are looking at our foundation to begin our climb up the ladder and targeting these FA's in future when we *are* an attractive proposition.

Think we'll make out like bandits this year.

It was Ricky Watt that Plugger dropped, IIRC. Jim Watts is father of Fergus, who we acquired from Adelaide. Fergus promptly broke his ankle and was done and dusted after one game. Cost us a first round pick back in 2005. Fergus is now a multi millionaire living in London. Jim helped set him up in business and young Ferg has done very well.

Jim was a pretty good operator as I recall. One of our best CEO's . He was sent to fix Carlton's finances by Vlad the Impaler (Demetriou) after he was done with us. Highly respected and would be a good appointment for us if he was still interested.
Tis true Mr Drake!
was out by a fecking S!

It's all coming back to me now..You are spot on...I believe young Ferg does very well indeed!

That's absolutely right about Jim! Hope he does get involved.

Tis true Mr Drake!
was out by a fecking S!

It's all coming back to me now..You are spot on...I believe young Ferg does very well indeed!

That's absolutely right about Jim! Hope he does get involved.
No offence to have a fuzzy memory of the Saints' Disco / Social Club heyday, mate. I lost quite a few hours of my life in that marvellous place. Ferg is a very rich young man. Marketing and business consultancy, I believe.

Apparently the Saints leadership group want to talk to Hannebery before anything goes forward.

Do we have one of those? I hope Geary’s off field decisions are better than his on field decisions.

Sounds like the leadership group want to maintain a list of quiet, calm choirboys rather than bring in someone who has some heart and the will to win.

Hanners would be the most experienced leader at our club. Maybe that’s why Geary has an issue with him.

Dees trading us Petracca for Pick 4.

According to many StK supporters he’s the greatest superstar the game has ever seen.

We’re paying him $1.4m per year & he has his own Maccas franchise. Not to own, just to feed him.
we'll have pick #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back