List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we have been incredibly unlucky with inside mids. Somehow we just never get them right. Hickey and Longer would be fine if we had high quality extractors.We have the double whammy of average rucks and average inside players.
But at the same time Gringo look at Steele per say for the first what two months was no where because he was playing on the wing. We put him where he should be playing and he’s probably not just our best inside mid but probably our best player. It was so so obvious to see it just makes you think jeez what else are we stuffing up with bad positioning.

Everyone must realize the player managers would be attempting to get the best deal a player can get and when you see guys get delisted you find out how cut throat it is.
The money will move someone to the club.

we will get a good player even if we have to pay overs to get them

imagine Wines , Winguard etc seeing Polac getting 750k a year , they would be spewing how there club under value them.
Same goes with a lot of the other clubs - this is why Gaff will move he knows how things can turn very quickly and a long term deal will secure his future on over a million a year.

I wonder how much of our 2019 draft hand will be traded for picks and players this year. There's just no way we're going to land enough FA's or have enough quality smokies in mind to use four or five draft picks in the sixties/seventies.

Personally I don’t see why Ross is seen as a great pick. Bombs the football and is an average kick. SuperCoach points and the “Sainter of the day” on Facebook are bullsh1t and are not indicative of his value to our team. He will not improve. He has been in the system long enough to show us his ceiling. Steele showed us how the same role should be played.

I would trade Ross in a heartbeat if it got us a good pick. Easily sold as “we have to many inside mids and Seb saw an opportunity etc....”

Unfortunately Ross will vote well in the B&F because those voting have no idea and will play favourites, and we can’t trade a B&F winner because it looks bad.

Clavarino looked average in the games I watched and would have been dropped to development league if it still existed.

Austin was let go for a reason. Been in the system a while and a bit of a nothing size without enough pace.

I would prefer second round picks this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be quite honest the Hawks supporters that have been in here appear to have more football knowledge and insight into the strengths and weaknesses of our team than Choey.

Hawkes went from 12th to 4th. Saints went from 11th to 16th. If they're has been, and they're right in it... then what the **** are we??
Who TF cares? They topped up like Geelong and won't win another flag.

Don't need their supporters telling us what to do.

You love them so much more than the Saints go and support the wees and poos.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

What would you give for him?

Only way I'd see Port deal is pick 4 for Chad plus a pick between 25-35 back to us.
I reckon the only way I'd be really keen on him was if he was super-keen to play mostly in the midfield and wanted to get to a club who would assure him pretty much of being played there.

If that was the case I reckon the deal you just proposed would be about right.

If he wanted to keep playing a lot forward I doubt I'd be that interested at a mil a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I don’t see why Ross is seen as a great pick. Bombs the football and is an average kick. SuperCoach points and the “Sainter of the day” on Facebook are bullsh1t and are not indicative of his value to our team. He will not improve. He has been in the system long enough to show us his ceiling. Steele showed us how the same role should be played.

I would trade Ross in a heartbeat if it got us a good pick. Easily sold as “we have to many inside mids and Seb saw an opportunity etc....”

Unfortunately Ross will vote well in the B&F because those voting have no idea and will play favourites, and we can’t trade a B&F winner because it looks bad.

Clavarino looked average in the games I watched and would have been dropped to development league if it still existed.

Austin was let go for a reason. Been in the system a while and a bit of a nothing size without enough pace.

I would prefer second round picks this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's harsh

Damo mentioning Stuv to Geelong in his Sliding Doors article this morning
Interesting you say that , his name came up in a conversation i was having with a former Geelong great last night , i was talking about a few other players and he was pretty quick to mention Stuv

I don't think we should trade Steven - but is there something Geelong could give us that would satisfy and is realistic? I don't think so either.
Pick 5

Neale (Freo) -> Brisbane (pick 5)
Kelly (Geelong) -> Freo (Pick 5)
Stuv (St Kilda) -> Geelong (Pick 5)

Problem is it goes completely against the clubs save richo plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back