List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes. Hence why we could only hypothetically do it if kelly goes to freo for their first

If Stuv was to go, along with his salary, where would that leave us with the salary cap? Would it be a case of overpaying the whole list as we have done for a while to hit the minimum? It gives us even more dosh to throw at high end players, but would Stuv's leaving make us even less desirable?

I'd be quite devastated if Stuv were to leave..it'll be even harder to look forward to next season.

yeah, that would be the end of my membership until we righted the ship. We will be down another 5 years if we have an exodus. Longer, Yeo, Polec etc all left around 2013 and in 2018 the Lions are starting to show promise and finished 15th. That's pretty much where we are at now if we have an exodus but they at least ad a few guns on the books as well.

Last edited:
OK, so Acres and Steven for Cerra and Brisvegas' first pick or GTFO. Bugger the extension contracts clearly mean squat.

If we trade Stuv, full rebuild mode will need to be in force. What a time to be alive if you are a mediocre player on St Kildas list getting paid stupid overs just so we can reach the minimum cap.

I feel like I'm cursed. BlacreJacks is on shaky ground...

I think we are clearing the decks and going youth . I think grant Thomas will come back and along with Riewoldt raise the group like the early 2000’s.
Sadly this is a another 5 year plan

I think we are clearing the decks and going youth . I think grant Thomas will come back and along with Riewoldt raise the group like the early 2000’s.

Really get stuck in next year when Trout has a full suite of picks to use. Can't wait for it.

If we bottom out rebuild we are 10 years off, there is literally nothing to build around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing what getting away from here can do for the mind. I’m actually pretty positive. The fact we’ve delisted 7 blokes (6 senior list) already means we have a lot of dealings in the works. No doubt we possibly trade up to 2-3 others as well which opens up 8-9 spots

I believe our coaching appointments & change in President have been a massive boost to our attractiveness for potential suitors. If so many players wanted away, they’ve had 2 weeks to let it be known. Sure there’s more than a few frustrated players, but I reckon its been overplayed.

On a positive note I hear we are keeping Acres.

Solid rumour was that he was offered a 5 x $1.5M contract by West Coast which he has rejected out of hand - is worried that with NicNat out and Lycett gone - he might asked to ruck occasionally!!

Apparently had a close look a similar offer from Richmond but he realised Grigg was the wrong side of 30 so he bailed on that one as well.

Phew!!!! Lucky us!!!

Would set us up nicely having 4&5 at the draft.

If we are rolling the dice, this is the year, unlike the compromised drafts when we let BJ go.
Wouldnt Geelong be offloading their current pick11and keep pick5.If of course Kelly gets them pick5.

Unfortunately, like it or not, that's what the list needs. Make some tough calls and pump in quality picks...just have to nail most of the selections which is why I'm glad Trout isn't at the helm any longer!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think we should trade Steven - but is there something Geelong could give us that would satisfy and is realistic? I don't think so either.
If we could convince them to release Tim Kelly to Fremantle, to help Neale get to Brisbane, so we get either Pick 4 or Beams + Pick 22 it could be wins all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back