List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree totally. Several domino's already lined up across the league ready for Monday. Big ones media frenzy timing.

Yup. The managers are on board with the media frenzy as well. Connors loves this time of year being in the spot light. It gives the managers an opportunity to promote their business. Red carpet will be rolled out & a big press conference with player & club.

You are probably my right but the rumours have already started from the media about a back flip. Would he gut wrenching if you were a North fan.

As I said yesterday all this play by play BS of the inner workings of players minds just makes me laugh. The media would have NFI of what’s going through Gaff’s head apart from media talking points prepared & rolled out ad nauseam by player managers. All scripted IMO.

I'm feeling a little unsettled by all the positivity flowing through the last couple of pages, was everyone on the pings last night?

I'm sure I even read someone say that they are still happy that richo is the man?

As I said yesterday all this play by play BS of the inner workings of players minds just makes me laugh. The media would have NFI of what’s going through Gaff’s head apart from media talking points prepared & rolled out ad nauseam by player managers. All scripted IMO.

The players must find this all terribly funny. Any wonder they make us wait :p

I'm feeling a little unsettled by all the positivity flowing through the last couple of pages, was everyone on the pings last night?

I'm sure I even read someone say that they are still happy that richo is the man?

Why worry about the things you have no control over?

I’ll fix that. 2018 trade period marks the 3rd year of our supposed “war chest” to bring in quality free agents & top end players.....

“Hello.... Hello.... Anyone want a shitload of cash??? Anyone??? Someone???.... Are any players even listening?!”

Sad reality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also to whoever mentioned Andrew Russell earlier, lock it in I reckon. Going to a rival Victorian club I hear, was a large part of the Hawks dynasty after being recruited by Clarkson from the Power in 2005. Would be a great get for a performance manager role.
Totally agree. This would top off our off field recruiting. Massive get. Hope we keep the team we have but add Russell. Just another assistant coach then done. Would be the biggest off field recruiting drive in a long time for any club. Puts us in a strong position.
No excuses then for the players. Top management, top coaching, terrific tech and data team and health and fitness team.
Think this is the most important thing the club could have improved.
Shiel would be iceing....

Hawks are a successful Club that deliver so their supporters are seldom frustrated, anxious or paranoid. They are well looked after. Are Saint's supporters as well looked after? A scarf, a raffle ticket, an open day, an occasional finals appearance. Tit bits to keep the membership quiet. My God most, I bet, did not even know the previous two Presidents or ever heard much they said except the much vaunted 5 year plan that was designed to give us a top 4 spot this season, become a "Destination Club" and win a premiership by 2020.

Most do not even know the new President, whereas they know Eddie McGuire or Jeff Kennett.

Maybe we will or won't get Shiel but it is looking highly unlikely because, even though we have offered more money for him that any other player in our history, we are not a "Destination Club" That does not make me paranoid or anxious just a realist and a frustrated loyal supporter. I am not playing the victim or creating history that has not happened. It is just that I have seen it all before.

I have seen the best time in Saint's history, so it is icing on the cake for me if we win another premiership. I do however feel for our loyal supporters who have followed the Saints over the last 50 years without much success and have stayed true. Frustrated they are but I don't think they are paranoid or anxious, they stay true and loyal despite little success. They are just disappointed and frustrated when they see other Club's giving their supporters success while we continue to live in Groundhog day.

BTW, I am a very happy guy, not many things make me unhappy at my age. St Kilda is my Club, has been for 60 years and they have given me much happiness and I am sure they will continue to do so, whether we get Shiel, Gaff or Hannebery.

Great, as I say, getting upset over things that have happened = good, getting upset over the thought of something that may or may not happen like it actually has happened = bad. Identifying as victim = also bad. Trying to be positive over what could happen = good. Being negative over what could happen = a drag, but fine (I guess, if you like being a drainer) but it's not the same as flipping out like it's actually happened.

BTW, Sydney has won two premierships in the last 13 years, who's their president again? West Coast have done about the same, who's their president again? Who was Brisbane's president when they won their three? Without looking, no idea, so I'm not sure what your point is?

I tell you what is groundhog day, the posts that keep defending blowing a gasket over fictitious rubbish predicated on the notion that the club has let fans down in the past, therefore, it's destined to continue to let them down going forward.

Great article on the AFL website about James Gallagher. Settled my nerves a little.
Interesting comment!

"I think we're young – I know we're young. I know that next year, of our best 22, there's probably 16 that are aged 26 and under. There's 20 of the 22 that are probably going to be 28 and under.

Interesting comment!

"I think we're young – I know we're young. I know that next year, of our best 22, there's probably 16 that are aged 26 and under. There's 20 of the 22 that are probably going to be 28 and under.
The 6 seniors over 26... Steven, geary, Carlisle, Roberton, Hannebery

Maybe brown, but hopefully not... or savage? Hickey if he stays. Armo the only other plus 26 YO oh and mav.

Interesting comment!

Only 2 of Armo, Geary, Brown, Steven in his best 22 by that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back