List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d hust forget Shiel
Yes good player but in reality our improvement has to come from within largely
I think a decent game plan will help but let’s be realistic - to play like Eagles or Tigers or Pies etc you need a solid list of players who hit targets ....we struggle for these ......even Shiels foot skills are not Pendlebury or Dal Santo like .,

I’m hoping it’s taking Shiel so long to come out with his nomination because he is STILL not totally sure of where to go. Which gives us more chance if he keeps going to think about the money opportunity. Surely his manager would be making that point too, guaranteed dollars. Plus our facilities would have been “significantly pleasing” for his professional attitude as well.

If Shiel does pick us what do you think we'll need to do to get the trade done with GWS?

Would something like the following secure it?

St Kilda 1st round plus Longer for Shiel and GWS first round and we retain Hickey.
Basically Shiel for Longer and swapping first round picks

Or we trade them Hickey i.e. GWS can pick out of our 2 main rucks.

Shiel is a good player, he's the third best mid in GWS squad. Is he top 20 in the whole league?

If we get him, great. If we don't - so be it. We've got my main squeeze Hanners and that's going to give us a huge lift. I feel his training and general way he goes about it will influence some younger players to not be unstrong in the contest moving forward.

I hope North get Gaff. We should hang onto our Shiel contract and jam an extra few hundred $k onto it and slip it into Josh Kelly's DM's as soon as possible. Get him next year, everyone says he is certain to go to North but he aint going there for 500k a year. If they can't afford the bloke or if we offer a bigtime deal, who gives a **** that his father reluctantly pulled on the blue and whites.

In the meantime, give Gresh a million dollar plus contract to stick around. He has a cult following amongst the Saints fans like Lenny did, except I think Gresh has gotten it far earlier than Lenny. If Gresh leaves it'll hurt far too much, give Gresh more money to stick around.
Also I dunno what Carlisles contract is like, but if it's up soon, give him a bigtime bonus. He was the only player that gave 100% in the first 3 quarters of 2018, ignoring injury and time not playing. Carlisle needs more money, he's my main man and I would hate to see us lose him.

What's Battle doing tonight? Can someone give him some money too? I'm so generous with other peoples money

Still haven't met anybody who predicted the last 3 winners of the flag pre-season..
I'm hedging Ratten's appt & to a lesser degree Lade's is going to be a game changer for the team..
The side played all year with very little belief in the game plan, & this was matched by their effort in many games..
Once you get the players all in with a style they believe in, teams can quickly improve dramatically from the previous year..

very true but other teams don't stand still.

Brisbane, North, Footscray, Port and Freo will all be pushing up and the ones who made the 8 this season won't give up their places easily.

It is a competitive competition with not much, as you suggest, between top and bottom.

Particularly Members is one of the best kicks for goal when his on. When the 'little man' got into his head at times this year he had some issues. Bruce used to be a great kick for goal before the 'little man' got into his head too. Gotta get rid of the 'little man' haunting our saints players!!

yes, but easier said than done. Most players are good footballers, they need to be to get to that level. Mental toughness plays a large role in a player's form and performance. A lot can come from all the players playing as ONE, as a TEAM, then all players lift. That impetus I believe comes from the Coach/es, although some on here believe it does not and that it comes from the player.

I believe a good coach can be worth much more than a Hannebery or a Shiel, and a poor coach can be devastating and so destructive to players and the playing group especially a young and relatively inexperienced group like we have.

Carlton seem to be the favourites to land Andrew Russell according to media as there new head of performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please **** no. Don’t even joke about that shit. Zac Jones :eek: .... GTFO

Vomit

Hate the idea of giving up pick 4 in any way to the Swans. That would mean they get a free swing at a top 5 kid AND then pick up Nick Blakey as well FFS. It would be absolutely stupid if we did anything like that

like downgrading pick 12 and 13 for Hickey or Lee, or Downgrading a first rounder for Saad and Milera ?
Yeah surely we wouldn't be so stupid.

Alot of us don't really value our kids , Acres is one for me who is tracking like Yeo , Yeo at same age was picking up 16 touches a game the the next 2 years he picks up the Eagles Best and Fairest.
Steele is another who could be even a bigger surprise.
Especially when you consider how poor our development is

It’s very speculative and a personal opinion really. Did Collingwood have a great list? I still don’t think they do.

There are some in the club that think the list is fine and others who think it’s the worst list in the comp..

We don’t have anywhere near as many top end players. They have plenty of ordinary players too but they have about 8 absolute stars. We have Stuv.

We don’t have anywhere near as many top end players. They have plenty of ordinary players too but they have about 8 absolute stars. We have Stuv.
Agree with that. But I still don’t think they have a top 4 side.. But they proved me wrong. Which gets to my point that a lot of the time it’s personal opinion to what makes a great side..

If Collingwood have eight absolute stars then the criteria must be low.

I'll give them 3 and then this year they had a number of players step up (some anticipated some not) and then they got plain lucky that then coincided with a general improvement of the outputs of their ordinary players. I mean Chris Mayne after years of decline manages to have his best outputs for his ENTIRE career in 2018 - how lucky was that!!

Collingwoods improvement this year was about expected as our 2019 season turning out as follows----

We start with a fit and firing Steven, Hannebery and Carlisle (3 stars), players like Ross Steele Billings Gresham all have best years, Bruce and Membrey both kick 40+ goals each, Roberton comes back and plays at AA nomination standard, our pick 3 kicks 35 goals, Marshall bobs up and does a Tom Boyd/Mason Cox in a final and Gears doesn't miss a target all year.

I'll give them 3 and then this year they had a number of players step up (some anticipated some not) and then they got plain lucky that then coincided with a general improvement of the outputs of their ordinary players. I mean Chris Mayne after years of decline manages to have his best outputs for his ENTIRE career in 2018 - how lucky was that!!

Collingwoods improvement this year was about expected as our 2019 season turning out as follows----

We start with a fit and firing Steven, Hannebery and Carlisle (3 stars), players like Ross Steele Billings Gresham all have best years, Bruce and Membrey both kick 40+ goals each, Roberton comes back and plays at AA nomination standard, our pick 3 kicks 35 goals, Marshall bobs up and does a Tom Boyd/Mason Cox in a final and Gears doesn't miss a target all year.
Taylor Adams was respectable by foot this year. That must give Geary some hope.

How do you think North fans feel with Gaff. campaigner hasn't played footy for 10 weeks and still can't make a decision.

I reckon he made a decision a while ago. The announcement is just about timing. Managers say their players haven’t made a decision because it’s an easy way to shut down & deflect direct questions from media.

Last edited:
I reckon he made a decision a while ago. The announcement is just about timing. Managers say their players haven’t made s decision because it’s an easy way to shut down direct questions from media.
Agree totally. Several domino's already lined up across the league ready for Monday. Big ones media frenzy timing.

I reckon he made a decision a while ago. The announcement is just about timing. Managers say their players haven’t made a decision because it’s an easy way to shut down & deflect direct questions from media.
You are probably my right but the rumours have already started from the media about a back flip. Would he gut wrenching if you were a North fan.

pebblesofsand :p
EAA8D322-FE6B-4102-8D85-8A768CDBF8EF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back