List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf is this.. don’t even mention pick 4 in the same sentence as Hanners

View attachment 572258
i dont think 4 is involved with hannas .... but maybe the steak knives we get in a deal to split pick 4 is needed to close the hannas deal ?
in the end the hannas deal will get done just need some other things to fall into place first for both the swans and Saints ...
so far its been a pretty fast start to the trade period .. last year to this point diddly squat had happened

Yeah i know that. But the interpretation was that of prior opportunity and they got penalised even with an otherwise ineffective tackle being applied. Now they get the chance to actually have a chance to dispose of it in line with every other player on the field.
So they now have prior? I heard they are getting rid of prior for tackles. I reckon both changes are madness

Anyone else reckon that Paddy will prosper now that the hands in the back rule has been scrapped? He's a big boy, will be able to hold his own real effectively. This could really change how potent our forward line is next year.

I actually think a lot of the rule changes really help us.

I'm excited to see how we line up under Ratten/Harvey in the coming years.

Yeah , you cant go through your whole life worrying what might happen , its not like there was a good culture at the GCS and getting him away from WA maybe he can get his shit together , Who is on board the Risky train ?

I'd give him a crack, if he doesn't work out then c'est la vie, but if it does work out then we win and a young guy gets a his life together, win win

off field issue aside the warning bell for me is he cant seem to get fit .. he gets to a point and then get crippled with soft tissue injurys ... we may be able to get the behaviour right with him but the body im seriously concerned with ... plus some baggage never really go's away
If it didn't work out im not sure the media would go ape droppings on us as they all know it wasn't our culture ect that caused him to be a lunatic , what was that kid hawthorn drafted that had problems , i don't recall them copping too much heat when it didn't work out.
Anyway i don't think the dockers would dump him for pick 60 plus or would they ?

So they now have prior? I heard they are getting rid of prior for tackles. I reckon both changes are madness

From the afl site:

"A ruckman who takes direct possession of the ball from a bounce, throw up or boundary throw in will no longer be regarded as having had prior opportunity"

So looks like they can take posssssion and get a bit more of a chamce to feed the ball off than before

Last edited:
so hypothetically ... if pick 4 and 39 gets traded for pick 8,10 and 50 and we trade next years second and 50 for hannas you would spew ??
Absolutely. 4 isn't even in the discussion for hanners.

Trade ourselves out of the best part of the draft to give sydney a salary dump - get ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it didn't work out im not sure the media would go ape droppings on us as they all know it wasn't our culture ect that caused him to be a lunatic , what was that kid hawthorn drafted that had problems , i don't recall them copping too much heat when it didn't work out.
Anyway i don't think the dockers would dump him for pick 60 plus or would they ?
if a club took his contract they would prob give a fourth round to sweeten the deal .... Peter Bell want him gone .... not sure Freo would turn any offer down for him

From the afl site:

"A ruckman who takes direct possession of the ball from a bounce, throw up or boundary throw in will no longer be regarded as having had prior oppurtunity"

So looks like they can take posssssion and get a bit more of a chamce to feed the ball off than before

I think that is silly. I reckon the other rule created less stoppages but we shall see

if a club took his contract they would prob give a fourth round to sweeten the deal .... Peter Bell want him gone .... not sure Freo would turn any offer down for him
Why not back ourselves in to get him on track , like someone said one year deal with options if he behaves himself , superstar if he is right

If Sydney have to part with one of 26 or 28 in the Langdon deal, how does that affect the Hanners trade?

I would want to close the Hanners trade ASAP so we can start dealing with Port and Adelaide. Sydney would be keen to hold off and see what we pick up in those deals to see whether it can get anything better than 39.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back