List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

well, for once next year's draft isn't shaping as better than this years'. I can't see a logical argument to against swapping pick three or five this year for our first next year. The quicker we can bring in elite talent the better. We need to make our assets work for us rather than have them sitting there doing nothing.

Imagine rankine and lukosious having great first years with us, how much more attractive will we be to FA if that was the case?
What do the other club get out of it though

2018 off-season
Hannerbery trade
Kent
Pick 18 and 54 for Bruce, Lonie and pick 28
Patton for 54
Pick 4 for Pick 6, 15 and Amon
Pick 6= Rozee/ Smith
Pick 15 and 18= Best available
Rookie= Barlow as an extra leader, experienced campaigner

If that happens, that would be one hell of an off-season IMO. Improves our depth significantly and we could be a serious surprise package in 2019 with hopefully improvement from the players, as well as new assistants and the players we have brought. Sandy will also be very very strong if this happens, which is the sign of a very good football club.

Bruce and Lonie for a 10 place up grade is crazy. Amon would be worth nothing but a delisted free agent. I would want much more than that for 4 as well.

I have this horrible feeling he’s going to be in the side round 1.
I have to say Diehard......that would be a gut churning thought.....I'm confident that he won't be and the club is waiting for a clearer picture on what they'll do draft time.

If he is playing round 1....channel 10 should sign him up for next years Survivor series....he truly would by then have been a great Survivor !!!!!!

I was thinking about this this morning. If they (and many do) think Rankin is the best in the draft, is 4 for 6 and 10 that much overs?

If it was pick 1 for 6 and 10 does that look more balanced? It’s about the player that’s will be available at 4. If it’s Rankin then I think 4 for 6 and 10 is fare.
Yer it's pretty simple IMO. They are the ones that are desperate. We don't have to move #4... we can just keep it. So make them pay overs or we will.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really like the look of those Port picks. They have 6, 10 and probably 15 that they'll get for Wingard. Some options:
4 for 6 +10
4 + 28 for 6 + 10
4 + 28 for 6 + 10 + 15

Probably the second option is the only one that would fly. I'd snap that up.

In terms of Adelaide they have 8 + 13 + 16. They're not as tasty as Ports.
But I'd do 4 for 8+13. Or just 4 for the whole lot.

I keep envisioning a reality where we manage to somehow pick up both of the Kings and have them as our bookends for the next decade, it'd be pretty incredible.
I have this recurring dream, which has since turned into a nightmare, from the end of 2014 where we picked 2 KPPs with our first 2 picks & said the exact same thing :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer it's pretty simple IMO. They are the ones that are desperate. We don't have to move #4... we can just keep it. So make them pay overs or we will.

But if we like the deal you just do it. No point in screwing them to the point nothing happens

So are these comments about Smith's speed and kicking based on seeing him playing with a significant foot injury, or when he was injury free?

Because going into the season, two of the attributes he was best known for were his speed and excellent kicking.

How did injured Luke Ball look compared to non-injured Luke Ball, since he's a topic of conversation? How did injured Roo in the latter half of his last year look compared to him the year before, when he was much closer to full fitness?

How did Acres, Carlisle, Webster, Battle, Dunstan and Long go post injuries (or while playing injured) this year, compared to pre-injuries?

If we draft Smith, we're not getting him for who he'll be if he's playing injured, we're getting him for how he'll play when he's not!

they were from his performances in the championships, so if he was injured like you say (i didnt know he was), then you are correct, we should be basing it off of what we think he will become, not what his output was when injured

having said that if his injury was not hampering him then i wouldnt say he's quick

it will be interesting to see which way we go

Really? Good judges had Smith at pick #1 for a while last year. This year affected by injury. I find Walsh underwhelming- a but slow. Smith is quicker. I'd be very happy with Smith
Your in for a big surprise over the next few years if you 'find him underwhelming'

Fair enough.. I’d be asking for 18 for Bruce on its own. Might be overs, but that’s my asking price.

It will cost more to replace him for that so it would be silly not to keep him if we didn't get way overs. Puts us back next couple of years while we get a forward in and develop them. Otherwise we could get Hogan for pick four and he'd get a similar output to Bruce.

We can't really sell Bruce unless there is someone ready to go to replace him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back