List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

And but for injuries and concussions, may well have.

Can we stop this bullshit please? It didn’t work out, that happens; Cleveland has had 30 ******* starting QBs since The Return in 1999 and they’ve ALL been shit, until Mr 30...

I prefer to deal in what has happened - one delisted and one unlikely to make it. Injuries are all well and good, but at the end of the day the club is left without a return on investment. What is that stat about the chance of doing an ACL once you've already done one? At the ripe old age of 18 as well.

It will cost more to replace him for that so it would be silly not to keep him if we didn't get way overs. Puts us back next couple of years while we get a forward in and develop them. Otherwise we could get Hogan for pick four and he'd get a similar output to Bruce.

We can't really sell Bruce unless there is someone ready to go to replace him.
18 do it for you?

Is there anything in the talk of Bruce being traded?

I did notice that Gallagher in an interview stated that he felt there were certain positions in which we had too many players. I am just guessing, but I'd imagine if the club got offered pick 18 for Bruce then we'd take it, but I really doubt that would happen.

Why do people want to trade Bruce? And why would we also include Lonie and Pick 28 in a deal which is essentially a 10 pick upgrade for our best key forward? That makes no sense. Bruce alone would be worth Pick 18. 90 goals in two years, proven key forward, contracted and a rival club who need a key forward interested? Next.

The rookie upgrades count as live picks. We could use pick 4 on a draftee & upgrade Pierce & Marshall & then be done.
Is that a change? Previously only 1 rookie upgrade would count towards the minimum 3 draft picks.
So we could upgrade 2 players but would still need to actually draft 2 real ones as well.

Why are we getting a high priced defender in when we need mids again?

I actually don't mind this. We need key defenders too, Brown won't be around for much longer.

If we split pick 4 with Adelaide for 8 and 13; trade one of those with GC and we can still get a midfielder with the other and pick 28.

Of course if GC want pick 4 "and nothing less" I'm not sure I'd do it.

I have to say Diehard......that would be a gut churning thought.....I'm confident that he won't be and the club is waiting for a clearer picture on what they'll do draft time.

If he is playing round 1....channel 10 should sign him up for next years Survivor series....he truly would by then have been a great Survivor !!!!!!
Other TV shows also spring to mind...

14uj91j.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With GWS shipping Scully and Patton of for peanuts,i wonder what Dildo will offer for Shiel.

I reckon the reasoning behind shipping Scully off is partly because gws aren't confident his ankle will fully recover...
AND it will give them enough cap space to potentially tell dodo and the bombers to get stuffed, and hold shiel to his contract.

I would dearly love to see dodo play real hardball with gws over shiel.
I still think there's every chance he stays

If we overlook rcd for sam Sturt I will spew, camPaigner is just what we need . Modern day big bidymidfielder who is ready to go round one and looks like the next big midfielder set to wreck havoc on the competition following Oliver Bontempelli Fyfe etc
Not a chance. My biggest concern - I think Dawks could bolt. 7-10.

they were from his performances in the championships, so if he was injured like you say (i didnt know he was), then you are correct, we should be basing it off of what we think he will become, not what his output was when injured

having said that if his injury was not hampering him then i wouldnt say he's quick

it will be interesting to see which way we go
He was apparently playing injured for most of the year, including in the champs, until his season was ended early due to said injury (missed the finals and still wasn't right for testing by the time of the combine). Think it might have been an achilles or ankle.

I keep envisioning a reality where we manage to somehow pick up both of the Kings and have them as our bookends for the next decade, it'd be pretty incredible.
I basically want Gold Coast to take Max and Ben only for the reason of building the legend of the Twin Sun Kings. Sounds genuinely awesome, the stuff of Greek Myths or something.

All this talk of trading down and Jonathan Patton makes me very nervous that we are on the verge of another St Kilda sized trade period balls up.
We either **** up by trading down & picking a bust & a GOP or we keep our pick & grab a GOP anyway. ;)

He was apparently playing injured for most of the year, including in the champs, until his season was ended early due to said injury (missed the finals and still wasn't right for testing by the time of the combine). Think it might have been an achilles or ankle.
Smith?

Achilles bursitis.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back