List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt May will be traded unless they get a top 5 pick for him.

He'll likely get them pick 2 next year as a FA. If they get 5 this year they can take 3 SA boys.
I think the two taken will be Rozee and Luko, they won't get three because Port will sell the farm for the 3rd one. Hence we should cash in.

My worry is that GC will want to take Smith and the Kings, if I was the Sun's I'd pick Max and Smith before us.

Leaves us with Ben King and the SA boys to choose from, chances are we'd trade with Port then as Ben is not worth pick 4.

GC would end up with the Kings and Smith.

We'd have pick 6 and Rankine available. Trade with Crows to grab 8 & 13. End up with 8, 10 & 13 from pick 4.

Or we just take Luko and send him to Rooeys Texan Ranch for a one on one preseason!

Don't discount it mate. Bruce has currency in the marketplace because there is a shortage of his type. He is more "alpha male" than leader so I don't see him being a critical loss to the team. He has spoken about with GC and also in the Beams trade because he is receptive to a move to QLD.

I wouldn't trade Bruce but we have been very stubborn saying we wont trade Paddy so that leaves us with Bruce. Obviously no one is interested or we are asking to much.

Don't discount it mate. Bruce has currency in the marketplace because there is a shortage of his type. He is more "alpha male" than leader so I don't see him being a critical loss to the team. He has spoken about with GC and also in the Beams trade because he is receptive to a move to QLD.
Again, find that hard to believe - loves St Kilda, he and his partner just bought a new house in Melbourne last year and has also very recently had a kid. We'll see what happens but it's a no chance from me.

I absolutely get this vibe from Bruce about being the alpha but not the leader.

I have a few contacts, some of which thought Bruce was gone, some haven't heard a thing at all.

Is there a delay in the Shiel trade or is it standard Dodo practice?
105e5on.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I absolutely get this vibe from Bruce about being the alpha but not the leader.

I have a few contacts, some of which thought Bruce was gone, some haven't heard a thing at all.

The shifting sands of trade time!
I think it has all changed with the Hogan deal falling over and then Beams chiming in. Before that, it was GC looking to pay overs for Bruce. I wouldn't hold it against him to take the paycheck given he has a young family (to your point Nanganator) and has grasped the reality that his career can end overnight. This year's injuries taught him that. Then he was thrown up as part of the Beams deal.

I'm gonna say it. If we are going to take a King anyway I would rather have May.

I agree I think if we package pick 28 with a decent 23/27 year old player (i.e. newnes, Dunstan or Sinclair) with Mav or Armo we could get a deal done.

King looks risky but I can see the appeal, we have to remember Patty was ranked on champion data as one of the best forwards in a while.

I agree I think if we package pick 28 with a decent 23/27 year old player (i.e. newnes, Dunstan or Sinclair) with Mav or Armo we could get a deal done.

King looks risky but I can see the appeal, we have to remember Patty was ranked on champion data as one of the best forwards in a while.
We can't just offer two average players and p28 and think that GC will consider it at all. May will take a top ten pick.

With May it depends on what GC want for him. If we got a downgrade to 8 and 15 then could trade 15 for May then I'd do it. Unfortunately I doubt that would be enough.

We have Carlisle, Austin and Clavarino long-term, as well as Brown short-term and Rowan Marshall can pinch-hit back there. Not sure if May is exactly what we need, and surely not for pick 4. Other clubs will want and need him more so will be willing to give up more to get him.

Scully not at Hawthorn yet either. I'd be just letting agents know we are still interested in a few at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back