List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way we should trade Bruce , I will be very surprised if Paddy isn't done and dusted before the end of next season (Head knocks ) and of course his lack of form , A fit Bruce , Members and battle with gresh , billings even Lonie if he continues to improve and thats not a bad forward line with big Marshall and option too

Polec and Hall are quality. Tyson and Pittard can both play a role. But yeah will be interesting to see how they go.

Pittard is a good player too. They have done well. Hall will get noticed in vic.

I know freo have been royal dicks this trade period.

But **** me what a disaster it would be to lose Hogan if you are Melbourne and what a win for Freo.

I feel sick at the thought of losing Nick at 23 to a QLD club. What’s worse is they will underplay the significance but he is one talented player.

Jeez it's disheartening to see how cheap some of these players are going to other clubs. Hall going for the same as Kent... fmd..
And Scrimshaw for what Austin cost...

Hall is a guy who was better than Ablett in plenty of GC games. I think he'll always be inconsistent but some of his games are elite. Scrimshaw could be anything, he might be a bargain but you have to wonder why a pick 7, 2 years later is pretty much given away for nothing. It doesn't make sense.

And he may play like he did one year ago. He may play like he did last year or he may play like he did 2 years ago. I will go with us getting a very good player for stuff all.
I think if he gets a full pre season. He will give us an 80%+ output of his best which is a massive win for Tom Hickey

I know freo have been royal dicks this trade period.

But **** me what a disaster it would be to lose Hogan if you are Melbourne and what a win for Freo.

I feel sick at the thought of losing Nick at 23 to a QLD club. What’s worse is they will underplay the significance but he is one talented player.

Melbourne certainly don't feel the same as you do.

Pittard is a good player too. They have done well. Hall will get noticed in vic.
Pittard was playing SANFL on some stage this season wasn't he? And Hall is 27 and was playing NEAFL.

Neither are bad gets but I wouldn't be getting too excited. They brought in 4 or 5 average players and have very little quality youth coming through.

They look to be building a list that will sit around 6th to 10th for quite a while.

JOM not close to the player he was? Are you serious. Had his best year and considering he has hardly played was very good. Close to excellent. Anyway we haven't got him so matters little but I think its important to say things that are close to the truth.

if you say so champ because we all know that you only speak the truth and your opinion is the only one that counts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be the worst team in history thats run out onto a footy field.

I feel bloody sorry for GC. They are back to the start. They'll get beaten by 10 goals every week.

I don't think it's that bad, they still have players. May will be a loss but a lot of the players going are guys who were left out this year. Lynch missed through injury. Guys like Fiorini and Sexton look good. They get a couple of mature players from Richmond and wouldn't be surprised if they go after a few delisted free agents as well.

If we were going to look at May then I’d do something like next years 1st and Armo because it will help give them some good experience around the traps and he may get more seniors games there than he will with the Saints.

I’d still like to keep Bruce, I know he hasn’t been as good as his breakout year as a forward, but I feel like we’re a better team when he’s on the park than we are without him.

Maybe I've had one too many stubbies at lunch but I like to think we have the core group of 20-24 year olds to turn it around quicker than that.

I agree.
We're a mid table team with scope for some natural improvement, who had a shocker of a year because we tried radically changing our game style at the start of the year.

We'll be stuck mid table at best though for the foreseeable future until we get 2 or more A grade mids in the starting 18.

A fit hanners goes someway to doing that, but we're still a genuine gun mid or 2 short of winning finals.

I'm confident we can revert to our underlying level next year and be fighting it out with 6+ other teams for the lower 8 spots.

That (and a massive contract) will hopefully get a gun mid to consider us a year from now.

Anybody have an idea on how the new mid-season rookie draft can be exploited to work for us? From what I can tell the AFL will introduce a new list classification titled "inactive list". Players who retire or suffer a long term injury can now be placed on the Inactive List and can be replaced with a rookie listed player. Would it have been smart to carry Freeman through one more pre-season and if he fails to achieve a certain level of physical he retires, giving us another bite at the cherry.

Also if we have one extra spot on the list, we can use the mid-season rookie draft to recruit in form state level players. Should we be keeping one slot vacant?

There is no point upgrading rookies as they can already play at anytime.

Think it was drafting a state league player to replace the retired/LTI on the inactive list same as for the mid season draft but it happens at the start of the season..
They used Tippet as an example.

No they don’t. But he is a gun key forward at 23 years old. Not many since Nick have played aswell as he has in that position at that age.
Yeah heard them talking about his goal tally at the same age as some of the recent great forwards and he beats most of them .
No easy feet in this age of flooding and zones etc etc.
Had a rough couple of yrs with a parent dying and him battling cancer.
Kid can seriously play .

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back