List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a nothing article basically detailing the interest from other clubs. If anything it should fill Saints supporters with confidence of Long's ability.

What's laughable is the amount of hate and attacking of the journalists on Twitter by some Saints supporters, particularly Jon Ralph. What an embarrassing and childish reaction... borderlining on pathetic!

I pulled him up on it and so did Rors. I dont think it was an attack or hate at all... Ralph ran with it on Fox's Trade Show at about 8pm last night and didn't mention St Kilda's clear statement that it was BS. I also mentioned that Hickey wasn't our #1 ruckman (we don't really have one) and that there is three others currently on the list.

If that's childish, embarrassing and pathetic then you should see some of the other stuff I carry on with on Twitter :)

Trade radio carrying on about how much we will pay to Hannebury. $500 000 PA apparently.

a) I'm sure there is a clause if he needs to retire before the contract is up.
b) who else are we going to pay it to. McCartin? Geary?
He has a trigger of X games in 4 years gives him an optional 5th year.

Cooney is negative about everything today tbh

Couldn’t we take pick 4 to the draft, draft someone and instantly trade with Port if they’re desperate for the player we chose? Is that how it works now?

Why trade picks now if you can do it on the night?

No - can only trade picks on the night.

But on the night say it gets to pick 4 and both Rankine and Luko are still there it all of a sudden massively drives up the currency of 4 as they could trade for our pick and take whichever one they want.

Especially if there are 2 other players that we are really interested in and we know we'd get one of them at 6.

Trade radio carrying on about how much we will pay to Hannebury. $500 000 PA apparently.

a) I'm sure there is a clause if he needs to retire before the contract is up.
b) who else are we going to pay it to. McCartin? Geary?
Lol, $500k is peanuts for us at this point, are they actually spinning that as a negative?

OOC list from AFL.com

Not a lot in there, I would have a look at Leslie & Hartley as cheap key defeners.

Kent we are obviously getting.

Adelaide
Kyle Cheney, Paul Hunter, Matthew Signorello
Carlton
Nick Graham, Sam Kerridge, Jed Lamb, Sam Rowe, Kym LeBois

Collingwood
Flynn Appleby, Jarryd Blair (unrestricted free agent), Tim Broomhead, Josh Daicos, Tyson Goldsack (unrestricted free agent), Levi Greenwood, Kayle Kirby, Tom Langdon, Jack Madgen, Sam McLarty, Brody Mihocek, Adam Oxley, Josh Smith, Travis Varcoe

Essendon
Mark Baguley, Matt Dea, Michael Hartley, Matthew Leuenberger, Jake Long, Ben McNiece, Trent Mynott

Fremantle
Brady Grey, Tommy Sheridan, Luke Strnadica, Cameron Sutcliffe

Cats
George Horlin-Smith (unrestricted free agent), Jamaine Jones, Daniel Menzel (unrestricted free agent), Jordan Murdoch, Sam Simpson, Jackson Thurlow

GCS
Jacob Dawson, Aaron Hall, Jacob Heron, Kade Kolodjashnij, Jack Leslie, Jesse Lonergan

GWS
Lachie Keeffe, Dawson Simpson, Lachie Tiziani, Dylan Buckley, Jack Buckley, Sam Reid

Hawthron
Taylor Duryea (unrestricted free agent), Ricky Henderson, Dan Howe, Changkuoth Jiath, Harrison Jones, Kieran Lovell, Teia Miles, David Mirra, Marc Pittonet, Ryan Schoenmakers (unrestricted free agent), Brendan Whitecross (unrestricted free agent)

Melbourne
Dean Kent, Declan Keilty

North
Alex Morgan

Port
Cameron Hewett, Peter Ladhams, Trent McKenzie, Jake Neade, Will Snelling, Jack Trengove

Richmond
Mabior Chol, Nathan Drummond, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Sam Lloyd, Ivan Soldo, Tyson Stengle, Jacob Townsend

Us
Billy Longer, Jack Lonie, Maverick Weller, Darragh Joyce, Doulton Langlands, Lewis Pierce

Swans
Harry Marsh, Jack Maibaum, Nic Newman, Dan Robinson, James Rose, James Bell, Robbie Fox, Toby Pink

WCE
Brendon Ah Chee, Matthew Allen, Tarir Bayok, Ryan Burrows, Callan England, Malcolm Karpany, Mark LeCras (unrestricted free agent), Fraser McInnes, Tony Olango, Luke Partington

Now that Port have pick 6 it makes trading down worth it.

It means one of Smith or the King twins will still be there.

Would love to get 6 and 11 but we'd something fairly decent to go with that not sure 39 would be enough.
If they want 4 I wouldn't be giving them 39 in that deal. Why would you? Pretty simple... if you want 4 pick 6 and 11 is the price. Take it or leave it

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we don’t trade pick 4 before draft night unless we get an absolute gem of an offer. Pick 4 is most likely “worth” Rozee at this stage, however if we hold onto it and wait until draft night, it could be “worth” Rankine or even Lukosius.

If Port were similarly desperate to let go of 6 and 10, then that could be both Kings, or even Max and Smith if luck falls our way. In such a scenario, trading Bruce for a late first (with whatever added on our end) would then allow us to draft the best available midfielder or even ruckman (if the rumours about the club liking one or two in the draft are true). Could even offer it up as a trade for a future pick, since you usually receive overs when delaying a pick until the following year.

Either way, the Port trade with Freo is the best news for us this entire trade period. I hope Gold Coast get Brisbane’s first round pick for May (via the Neale and Hogan trades) since that will probably reduce the likelihood of them trading 2/3. In that situation, they’d probably prefer to draft 3 elite kids, rather than 2 elite kids and a couple more high end ones. Going for the 3 could turn their club around both on field and off field. For us, that means we have the earliest “tradeable” pick that will suit Port/Adelaide.

Hell, if Port offer up 6 and 10 then imagine what Adelaide would have to offer, considering their best (8) is worse than Port’s best, and their following picks (13, 16) are also worse than 10.

If they want 4 I wouldn't be giving them 39 in that deal. Why would you? Pretty simple... if you want 4 pick 6 and 11 is the price. Take it or leave it

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed 100%. You want a SA boy? Come get it

So Purple comes out and says Beams wants to go to Pies but Lions coach says, news to me.

Hanners is a bad move because we have Armo and his 80 yo back.

Saints have no a graders but we still like stirring up shit about Stuv because, well, St Kilda....

It is difficult listening being a supporter of a club where you don't have to be positive about them because of, well, ratings.

Cooney is a Muppet, Dal should volunteer to do the whole day hosting just to hose down all of the crap spat in our clubs direction throughout the day.

Trade Radio saying that there are reports that Adelaide are trying to undercut Port Adelaide and get a pick before pick 6.

Sounds like the SA clubs believe Lukosius might not be drafted by Gold Coast. Saints should start making noises about him but hold the pick.

The desperation builds.

Luvvverly! :D

So Purple comes out and says Beams wants to go to Pies but Lions coach says, news to me.

Hanners is a bad move because we have Armo and his 80 yo back.

Saints have no a graders but we still like stirring up shit about Stuv because, well, St Kilda....

It is difficult listening being a supporter of a club where you don't have to be positive about them because of, well, ratings.

Cooney is a Muppet, Dal should volunteer to do the whole day hosting just to hose down all of the crap spat in our clubs direction throughout the day.

Don't dare criticise them or you may be labelled pathetic and childish!

OOC list from AFL.com

Not a lot in there, I would have a look at Leslie & Hartley as cheap key defeners.

Kent we are obviously getting.

Adelaide
Kyle Cheney, Paul Hunter, Matthew Signorello
Carlton
Nick Graham, Sam Kerridge, Jed Lamb, Sam Rowe, Kym LeBois

Collingwood
Flynn Appleby, Jarryd Blair (unrestricted free agent), Tim Broomhead, Josh Daicos, Tyson Goldsack (unrestricted free agent), Levi Greenwood, Kayle Kirby, Tom Langdon, Jack Madgen, Sam McLarty, Brody Mihocek, Adam Oxley, Josh Smith, Travis Varcoe

Essendon
Mark Baguley, Matt Dea, Michael Hartley, Matthew Leuenberger, Jake Long, Ben McNiece, Trent Mynott

Fremantle
Brady Grey, Tommy Sheridan, Luke Strnadica, Cameron Sutcliffe

Cats
George Horlin-Smith (unrestricted free agent), Jamaine Jones, Daniel Menzel (unrestricted free agent), Jordan Murdoch, Sam Simpson, Jackson Thurlow

GCS
Jacob Dawson, Aaron Hall, Jacob Heron, Kade Kolodjashnij, Jack Leslie, Jesse Lonergan

GWS
Lachie Keeffe, Dawson Simpson, Lachie Tiziani, Dylan Buckley, Jack Buckley, Sam Reid

Hawthron
Taylor Duryea (unrestricted free agent), Ricky Henderson, Dan Howe, Changkuoth Jiath, Harrison Jones, Kieran Lovell, Teia Miles, David Mirra, Marc Pittonet, Ryan Schoenmakers (unrestricted free agent), Brendan Whitecross (unrestricted free agent)

Melbourne
Dean Kent, Declan Keilty

North
Alex Morgan

Port
Cameron Hewett, Peter Ladhams, Trent McKenzie, Jake Neade, Will Snelling, Jack Trengove

Richmond
Mabior Chol, Nathan Drummond, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Sam Lloyd, Ivan Soldo, Tyson Stengle, Jacob Townsend

Us
Billy Longer, Jack Lonie, Maverick Weller, Darragh Joyce, Doulton Langlands, Lewis Pierce

Swans
Harry Marsh, Jack Maibaum, Nic Newman, Dan Robinson, James Rose, James Bell, Robbie Fox, Toby Pink

WCE
Brendon Ah Chee, Matthew Allen, Tarir Bayok, Ryan Burrows, Callan England, Malcolm Karpany, Mark LeCras (unrestricted free agent), Fraser McInnes, Tony Olango, Luke Partington
Lists like this are meaningless these days, half of the players traded are still contracted.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back