List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hanners - i understand it to be something similar to the following:

We end up giving Pick 39 this year and a pick next year, but get 28 this year in return plus Hanners.

plenty of options, so we'll see what gets it done.
Yeah but once points are taken into consideration, pick 28 becomes 107.

We are shit.

In hindsight the trade which got us a hawthorns 2017 1st was a mistake IMO. That was the off season the club was up and about and the general consensus around the AFL was that the Saints were the most promising team for 2017. That was the off-season the club had to be aggressive bringing in stars as the prospect of playing for the saints would have been appealing. If Shiel moved 2 years ago he would have chosen the saints i reckon. So we did basically nothing in 2016 trade period in terms of bringing in players. The club tread water in 2017 - was less appealing in the offseason 2017 and thus no one of note came to the club. We go devastatingly backwards in 2018 and now the club is basically a no-go zone for players interested in short term success.

I’m sure getting Clark, Long and Battle for pick 10 is one of the best trades this club has ever made. To suggest otherwise is just crazy.
The club did target stars in 2016 but just like last year and this year they were not interested. It’s just one of the joys of being an unsuccessful minnow club.

No - can only trade picks on the night.

But on the night say it gets to pick 4 and both Rankine and Luko are still there it all of a sudden massively drives up the currency of 4 as they could trade for our pick and take whichever one they want.

Especially if there are 2 other players that we are really interested in and we know we'd get one of them at 6.
Do you know if future picks can also be traded?
Or is it restricted to picks only in that draft?

I hope it’s the latter, seller’s market....

I understand. But as VDS said... why should we compromise. Let them if they desperately want it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im not sure you are getting it. Firstly we know this is all made up but if they came to us with the deal 4 and 39 for 6 and 11 and we really loved the idea of 6 and 11 for 4 then we would then offer that deal without 39. If they then said no its both or not at all you wouldn't say no because of 39. Its whoever budges first but as 39 is such a miss pick before hit I don't think we would say no. If we were meh about the deal then that's completely different.

No it's not.

It's every man for himself in this game.

You ask for best and compromise if you have to.

They will do exactly the same.
So you would be happy for the club to walk away from the deal over pick 39?

A 28 pick upgrade and a two pick downgrade, just so we can stick it to Port?

That trade would be up there with the pick 10 swap a few years back. We'd be stupid to miss out on that just because we were too stubborn to give up 39.

I understand. But as VDS said... why should we compromise. Let them if they desperately want it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Because it would be a terrific deal for our club. It's really not about screwing Port over. It's about the best outcome for us. Picks 11 and 6 for 4 and 39 is a terrific outcome for us. I'm sure most would agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Hanners - i understand it to be something similar to the following:

We end up giving Pick 39 this year and a pick next year, but get 28 this year in return plus Hanners.

plenty of options, so we'll see what gets it done.

39 and future 2nd for Hanners and 28 this year. I'd be happy with that, getting back into the lower 2nd round this year.

I’m not against Hanners, if he can get back to close to his best, we are a better team! I’m not sold on Kent but he does have attributes that excites me...

Wonder if there will be another player that comes to the party?

Do you know if future picks can also be traded?
Or is it restricted to picks only in that draft?

I hope it’s the latter, seller’s market....
Not sure how this works, But does anyone know if this scenario is possible: Take one of the SA boys with pick 4 (say Rankine), then on the night trade him for Ports pick 6 (lets say Smith). Or can we only trade the pick not the player if that makes sense?

Wonder if there will be another player that comes to the party?
This bloke loves a party, what time does it start?

1539079463366_GRS1SBDCJ.3-1.jpg

39 and future 2nd for Hanners and 28 this year. I'd be happy with that, getting back into the lower 2nd round this year.

But surely not two picks and his whole salary?

I’m sure getting Clark, Long and Battle for pick 10 is one of the best trades this club has ever made. To suggest otherwise is just crazy.
The club did target stars in 2016 but just like last year and this year they were not interested. It’s just one of the joys of being an unsuccessful minnow club.

Clark's first season was better than Florent's.
His second season will be what tells.
But yeah 3 chances vs 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back