List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Article in the HUN suggesting GC are working at either swapping 2 and 6 for pick 1 or 6 and 2019 1st for our pick 4

Where the feck do we sign???? 6 and likely 2019 pick 1 for 4? If GC did that they may as well give up! Hell, I'd even do 4 and a swap of 2019 1st round picks for 6 this year

4 and 18 for 6 and 1 looks good to me! :D

Surely it's our 2019 first for pick 6 which I'd still take.

Otherwise, FMD, where do we sign?

ST KILDA discard and 2014 first-round draft pick Hugh Goddard is training with Carlton in the hope of an AFL lifeline.

Goddard, the second cousin of ex-Saints and Essendon champion Brendon Goddard, whose own playing career is in the balance, was in danger of being an unfulfilled talent when he was delisted in late August.

NAB AFL DRAFT HUB Latest news, video and more

The Blues reportedly met with Goddard's management in July and all signs point towards the 196cm defender receiving a second shot at the highest level.

Goddard, 22, played eight of his 10 career matches in 2015, but he ruptured the Achilles tendon in his left leg a year later to kickstart his injury nightmare, then suffered turf toe in 2017.

The Geelong Falcons product's last match and only game this past season was in round 22 against Hawthorn, when he recorded six disposals and three tackles.

Goddard was dropped for the returning Jake Carlisle the next week and delisted soon after.

St Kilda's decision to recruit fellow key defenders Carlisle, Nathan Brown and Logan Austin in recent years made life even more difficult for Goddard.

Go Saints

Wouldn’t make any sense for Billings to sign a new deal right now because I doubt the club would be offering an ‘overs’ deal based on his recent output.

Sounds to me like he is backing himself to have a good year and to earn a bigger contract because of it.

Makes sense and this probably suits both parties right now.

Wouldn’t make any sense for Billings to sign a new deal right now because I doubt the club would be offering an ‘overs’ deal based on his recent output.

Sounds to me like he is backing himself to have a good year and to earn a bigger contract because of it.

We probably offered a contract but also said, the salary would increase based on your form in 2019.

We probably offered a contract but also said, the salary would increase based on your form in 2019.

Having Billings playing with the incentive of adding a few extra hundred thousand $ on to his contract can only be a win win in 2019.

Only problem and discomfort I have with it is that Paul Connors is his agent, which makes it a bit unpredictable if other clubs did turn his head during the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having Billings playing with the incentive of adding a few extra hundred thousand $ on to his contract can only be a win win in 2019.

Only problem and discomfort I have with it is that Paul Connors is his agent, which makes it a bit unpredictable if other clubs did turn his head during the year.

It's as simple as this imo - if we have a poor season next year, Billings and Gresh will be out the door

I'm not worried about Billings. The talk has always been about him going to Essendon, but they have zero currency after getting Shiel and no money in their Salary cap.

I'm not worried about Billings. The talk has always been about him going to Essendon, but they have zero currency after getting Shiel and no money in their Salary cap.

Straight swap for Laverde.

I think the potential trade is

St Kilda give up 4 and 1st round next year
Suns give up 6 and 1st round next year.

Where do we sign?

Does anyone know how many picks GC are taking this year? Would we be able to weasel 24 or 29 out of them as well?

I think the potential trade is

St Kilda give up 4 and 1st round next year
Suns give up 6 and 1st round next year.

Why would we do that? Chances are we finish below GC next year & they end up with our pick 1. We had the same amount as wins as them this year. Current betting odds has GC as wooden spoon favourites & Saints 3rd favourites. Swapping 2019 firsts is a extremely poor gamble.

Why would we do that? Chances are we finish below GC next year & they end up with our pick 1. We had the same amount as wins as them this year. Current betting odds has GC as wooden spoon favourites & Saints 3rd favourites. Swapping 2019 firsts is a extremely poor gamble.

Gold Coast are locks for the spoon next year.

So we would be trading pick 4 and say pick 3 next year (maybe higher) for pick 6 and pick 1 next year?

Sounds ok to me

that smacks of trading for the sake of trading ....

If we’re going to trade, I want two decent picks this year. When speaking on the radio a few weeks back Gallagher was right into Caldwell ( didn’t mention Smith) and I’ve no doubt they’re interested in Max King. I reckon any trading will be because we want these two, not just to exchange draft picks next year.

Gold Coast are locks for the spoon next year.

So we would be trading pick 4 and say pick 3 next year (maybe higher) for pick 6 and pick 1 next year?

Sounds ok to me

So were North last year, Essendon were top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back