List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - The Early Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone worried about missing out on Marlion Pickett to Gold Coast? I've been having a look at the draft order for this year, and the Suns could have Pick 2, 3 (Lynch compo), 12 (priority) and 17 (our first this year that we traded) - 3-4 chances before our first, and they have pulled the trigger way too early before (Will Powell at 19 last year).

IMO Pickett should be one of our top priorities this draft, similar to Kelly last year. Perfect for our list and instantly fills a need.

Is anyone worried about missing out on Marlion Pickett to Gold Coast? I've been having a look at the draft order for this year, and the Suns could have Pick 2, 3 (Lynch compo), 12 (priority) and 17 (our first this year that we traded) - 3-4 chances before our first, and they have pulled the trigger way too early before (Will Powell at 19 last year).

IMO Pickett should be one of our top priorities this draft, similar to Kelly last year. Perfect for our list and instantly fills a need.
I'd only worry about things we can control.

I'd only worry about things we can control.

That's probably the reasonable view, I'm just thinking about it terms of our midfield depth and, if it does happen, Gaff leaving. Pickett's also one of the "must draft" I usually have every year (like SPP in 2016 and Kelly in 2017).

Hopefully we can pick him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FHCmLv4.gif
Milpoool.... images%20(9).jpeg

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 553598

Is he still their President?

Weird comment if he is still part of Borf.
He'd have some involvement, maybe not officially.

Reads like someone throwing out options if the Eagle decide to match an offer for some unknown player who North may be chasing.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Well I for one agree with Brayshaw :thumbsupemoji:

Go and get that big bastard from north and he'll crack in without fuss until we can lure English or draft another long term Nicnat replacement.

Even better is that he can do it solo, so we don't have to carry Vardy each week. Preuss is hands down the best ruck option for mine.

Roughead is undersized and meh, Hickey smells, Lobb isn't a ruckmans anus and always look like he's about to cry when he's walking back to the centre circle to take the next ruck contest he's that keen. Cameron? Nah, nothing says he's AFL quality yet.

Alternatively there is Zac Clarke, who I don't mind personally, but I don't think it would be our style to pick him up :shrug:

I would not be surprised if the Eagles matched the Gaff offer and kept him on the list tbh... sounds like something we would do.

Feels like what a lot of this Lycett stuff is essentially leading to. Showing our hand that we're prepared to let Lycett go pretty much means we'll have the cash to match any Gaff offer, and at least force a trade.

And now North's ex Chairman comes out and says "hey look, we have a ruck that will come cheap"......

Feels like what a lot of this Lycett stuff is essentially leading to. Showing our hand that we're prepared to let Lycett go pretty much means we'll have the cash to match any Gaff offer, and at least force a trade.

And now North's ex Chairman comes out and says "hey look, we have a ruck that will come cheap"......
North posters keep saying if we match then they just walk away from the trade .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back