Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL Think thats a little more reliable than the Brisbane Lions board on big footy - Your comrades are not the most reliable posters going around
I’ve never been to the Brisbane board. Carlton fan.

I have literally seen instances of Niall reporting a figure over a number of years, then a per year figure which doesn’t match, in the same article. At least in that foxsports article the numbers match which is a start

Edit - Also I think you guys are a bit out of date with the dollar figures players will attract, taking in to account the massive wage growth (and salary cap growth). Sloane should get multiple offers in excess of 800k

Last edited:
Would hope Carlton try and add some mature players to the list via DFA or late draft picks to offset the amount of dead wood that list has. Melbourne should be the blue print for the Blues circa 2012 when they added Vince, Tyson, Hibberd, Melksham through trades and 'topped up' with astute mature agers like Josh Wagner. They were bold enough to go big for Jesse Hogan too. Paying dividends now. Hope the Blues could do something similar.
I agree.

Miles, Wallis, ellis-yomen, horlin-smith , j lloyd, atley could be a starting point.

Not sure about mature agers in lower leagues, but there is sure to be some.

Because there is a dude essentially leaping over Nic Nat as a 19 year old.
You’ve picked one of the most important categories for a basket baller, but football is much more multi faceted, how many of these guys can run 15 in the beep test? Or run 15+k’s in a game? Afl footballers are some of the best all round athletes in the world.

Because there is a dude essentially leaping over Nic Nat as a 19 year old.

Look at his feet....they're in line with the elbow of the guy behind, and from the low camera angle, they probably didn't even get that high. He's probably around 1M off the ground....good, but a long way short of 'leaping over Nic Nat'

That he reached so high probably means he's tall and has long arms at least as much as it has to do with his jump.

If Lynch from the Suns chooses Richmond maybe the Tigers might be willing to offload Riewoldt?

Beams or Zorko and a swap of picks.

I don’t think we do that and the Tigers don’t either. Lynch at CHF with Riewoldt close to goal or even the other way around is a deadly combo. No point in us chasing a star KPF when our young midfield can’t deliver yet. I’d rather chase a young mid and back Hipwood/McStay in, providing they can sort some accuracy between them. They slot the hard ones, but you cant afford to be missing from 25 metres straight infront.

This dude just broke the leap record at the NBA draft combine. Makes you realize how average athletically some of our talent is:View attachment 514810

Can he do whilst being buffeted, overcome other people in his way, jumped at an oval shaped ball coming in from 50 meters away and still catch the thing?

If not, then it makes you realize how athletically gifted some of our talent is

If the saints could get their hands on a late 2nd round pick, would the lions take it for Stefan Martin?
I'd rather a pick in the 25-30 range but at a pinch I'd take the late 2nd rounder.

If we could somehow do a 3 club deal and get Braydon Preuss to us that would be great. He needs opportunity and I think hes got something to offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the saints could get their hands on a late 2nd round pick, would the lions take it for Stefan Martin?
I'd give up a late 2nd rounder for Acres. Would require something extra I know but Acres would be a perfect Grigg replacement (as he's a much better ruckman). What would it take to get Acres from the Saints?

I'd give up a late 2nd rounder for Acres. Would require something extra I know but Acres would be a perfect Grigg replacement (as he's a much better ruckman). What would it take to get Acres from the Saints?
Direct swap for Dusty :p

In all seriousness, at best he should fetch a pick somewhere between pick 15-21. I'd rather keep him TBH. I feel like our development has let him down a bit as he hasn't been able to settle into a defined role/position. He should be played predominantly through the midfield but our coaches play him in a mr fix-it role.

If it all clicks for him, becomes more consistent and he settles into a midfield role, he could be a very damaging player in the comp.

Would be good to somehow get Andrews... Probably prefer him over Lynch, would easily pay 2 first rounders if we had it.

Come on mate. That question has been asked and answered a 1,000 times already.

If West Coach match McGovern stays, simple.

I'd be staggered if anyone trades for him and their is no chance Hawthorn would look to move our first round pick for the type of player who is getting found out consistently as a key ,lockdown, defender this year.

If West Coach match McGovern stays, simple.

I'd be staggered if anyone trades for him and their is no chance Hawthorn would look to move our first round pick for the type of player who is getting found out consistently as a key ,lockdown, defender this year.

So FA aside you are saying McGovern isnt worth a first round pick?

Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back