2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How many Giants fans do we expect to be there on Saturday?
They reportedly had 5K today. 10K?
Would they sell out there allocation at 17K? Seems unlikely tho.

How many Giants fans do we expect to be there on Saturday?
They reportedly had 5K today. 10K?
Would they sell out there allocation at 17K? Seems unlikely tho.
I think the only way we would sell out the allocation is if fans of other clubs who bought our memberships in hope of getting a GF ticket would show up. I doubt this would be many, though.

I think the only way we would sell out the allocation is if fans of other clubs who bought our memberships in hope of getting a GF ticket would show up. I doubt this would be many, though.
Only 120 Melbourne members supposedly.

It won't be big and we won't sell it out.

I can't make it, and there are a few else who can't.

Gutted but it's the way it is.

Collingwood does draw the biggest crowds always has. Why do you think Collingwood are 9,364,000 ahead of Richmond for total home and away attendance’s dating back since 1921 and Richmond have had the advantage of playing all home games at the mcg since 1965.

Plus home away away attendance’s this year has Collingwood in first place

View attachment 749122
🙄 Here we go again!

Prelim Crowds (Victorian vs Interstate)

2017 = Richmond vs GWS (94,258)
2002 = Collingwood vs Adelaide (88,960)
2019 = Collingwood vs GWS (77,828)
2003 = Collingwood vs Port Adelaide (77,405) - MCG being redeveloped, so reduced capacity
1993 = Essendon vs Adelaide (76,380)
2014 = Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide (74,356)
2005 = St Kilda vs Sydney (73,344) - MCG being redeveloped, so reduced capacity
2016 = Geelong vs Sydney (71,772)
1997 = Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide (70,088)
2012 = Hawthorn vs Adelaide (69,146)
1998 = Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide (67,557)
1996 = North Melbourne vs Brisbane Bears (66,719)
1999 = North Melbourne vs Brisbane Lions (61,031)
2011 = Geelong vs West Coast (59,455)
1990 = Essendon vs West Coast (55,813) - Played at Waverley Park
2004 = Geelong vs Brisbane (55,768) - MCG being redeveloped, so reduced capacity
1991 = Geelong vs West Coast (47,638) - Played at Waverley Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure in 2013 they gave Freo fans a second chance then opened up to us. Either way, and extra 5k -10k Tiger members will get to go.

I thought it was Sydney in 2014 that didn’t fulfill its allocation.

I thought it was Sydney in 2014 that didn’t fulfill its allocation.
2016 I believe.

Collingwood didn't initially didn't sell out their allocation last year as well. Had to have a members sale on the Tuesday before the game.

Would be a pretty big uproar if they went to public before Richmond members.

I predict 97,000. No way MCC sells out, even when they open it up to porivisonal members.

No chance any unused tickets from GWS make into the hands of the general public.
Will go to Richmond. These days 100K is pretty much guaranteed, i reckon we can get there but if it falls short so be it.

Would be a pretty big uproar if they went to public before Richmond members.

I predict 97,000. No way MCC sells out, even when they open it up to porivisonal members.
I think the AFL have a deal that if the MCC members dont sellout they are allocated to the public.
The match will be a sellout. It just depends how many rock up on the day and the weather will determine that 98 - 100,000 my prediction

I think the AFL have a deal that if the MCC members dont sellout they are allocated to the public.
The match will be a sellout. It just depends how many rock up on the day and the weather will determine that 98 - 100,000 my prediction

I know that the MCC gets opened up to restricted members if it doesn’t look like capacity will be reached by around 11AM, but I doubt the general public would get a look in, as there seems to be more than enough demand amongst restricted members.

No chance any unused tickets from GWS make into the hands of the general public.
Will go to Richmond. These days 100K is pretty much guaranteed, i reckon we can get there but if it falls short so be it.

The Grand Final is the least interesting game of the year, crowd wise. We all know they could sell tens of thousands of additional tickets so it hardly matters where the total ends up.

I’m interested to see if the Giants get neutral support ala Brisbane in 2001 and Fremantle in 2013

of course they will

contrary to the vicco conspiracy theory WCE/crows fans seem to obsess with, we would much rather see our vic brothers and sisters lose than win

and for whats it worth, I'd vomit in my mouth if a bluebagger ever barracked for the tigs

I’m interested to see if the Giants get neutral support ala Brisbane in 2001 and Fremantle in 2013
of course they will

I have it on good authority (by the Herald Sun, so must be true) that everyone here in Victoria is going to rally behind our beloved fellow Vics in the Tigers. :rolleyes:

I have it on good authority (by the Herald Sun, so must be true) that everyone here in Victoria is going to rally behind our beloved fellow Vics in the Tigers. :rolleyes:

Its ****ing stupid. I'd give up my left nut before I ever say "go pies"

that said, I'm cheering for the apocalypse if ever you guys face off against the blues again

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back