Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Weightman said in an interview that 'the Bulldogs have done the most work with him' and they are the only club he's been to to tour the facilities.

Weightman said in an interview that 'the Bulldogs have done the most work with him' and they are the only club he's been to to tour the facilities.

It's quite weird for a draftee to tour a clubs facilities, particularly one expected to go mid first round.

Can't say I've heard of it before.

I would of thought it almost constitutes draft tampering considering post draft combine medicals etc are done in the full knowledge of all clubs and the AFL usually on set days with all interested parties attending.

Was a weird photo tbh.

It's quite weird for a draftee to tour a clubs facilities, particularly one expected to go mid first round.

I would of thought it almost constitutes draft tampering considering post draft combine medicals etc are done in the full knowledge of all clubs and the AFL usually on set days with all interested parties attending.

Was a weird photo tbh.

It's not that weird.

Lots of clubs conduct their interviews with players at the club, and while they are there they might give them a quick tour.

Was a weird photo tbh.
Ben King was at the whitton oval 2 days before last year's draft, the next day the suns told him they were taking him

It's not that weird.

Lots of clubs conduct their interviews with players at the club, and while they are there they might give them a quick tour.

Most interviews aren't done at clubs actually.

It's generally recruiters attending a players home, a cafe etc.

To formally tour a club is unusual.

Would also be shit to not get your jumper presented and be watching at home instead.

I’d add Worrell and Day to that list, at least. Maginness, Rivers, C Stephens, Bianco, any of them could go first round.

Better than the Jace Bode scenario.

Host a giant 'draft party' for family and friends and then go undrafted.

Was a weird photo tbh.
Most interviews aren't done at clubs actually.

It's generally recruiters attending a players home, a cafe etc.

To formally tour a club is unusual.
Dogs do this every year with multiple draftees. We had King and Smith touring our facilities last year in the days leading up to the draft, and have done the same with Weightman this year (and I think Bianco too?). You'll find most clubs do it if they strongly believe the player will end up at the club.

Not really sure how it could possibly constitute draft tampering - all it indicates is the club's interest in the player. There's nothing stopping other clubs from taking them earlier

Was a weird photo tbh.
Happens all the time - we had Bailey Smith and Ben King tour our facilities last year, Ed Richards toured the Bulldogs and Carlton facilities the year before.

Players often train a clubs the year before they are drafted to so they have exposure to AFL clubs. We had Worrell at the start of the year, Brayden Sier is another who trained with us in a past year. Potential FS and NGA picks often have training time with clubs too over school holidays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In before I get yelled at by 100 academy loving Swans fans but the only real explanation there is draft fixing. Sydney have some good prospects next year, NSW boys, will GWS bid on them? Not after this.

GWs will need to finish lower than Sydney on the ladder to "bid" on any top end prospects. So it won't happen. Surprised Sydney won't consider a bid. They need another inside midfielder with a strong contested side. Kennedy isn't getting younger

GWs will need to finish lower than Sydney on the ladder to "bid" on any top end prospects. So it won't happen. Surprised Sydney won't consider a bid. They need another inside midfielder with a strong contested side. Kennedy isn't getting younger
Or get a high pick through a trade or FA as they do almost every year...

Yes.
Almost all the media phantoms have him going to Freo at #8, or us at #9
Yeah those sources also suggested that McAsey and Stephens was a 50/50 call for Adelaide, so it's not as surprising if he does go Top 6 than what you say.

Yeah those sources also suggested that McAsey and Stephens was a 50/50 call for Adelaide, so it's not as surprising if he does go Top 6 than what you say.

The word around Adelaide is McAsey, which has grown firmer and firmer this week.

Who knows really though other than the recruiting teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back