Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t shock me if we are tossing between him and Flanders at 5

This is why I think the crows aren't going for Stephens.
He was very likely to be there at 4 but may not be at 6.
Would be a risky move for not much gain.

If we're after McAsey as discussed in SA then maybe they were fairly certain he would be there at 6

It's quite weird for a draftee to tour a clubs facilities, particularly one expected to go mid first round.

Can't say I've heard of it before.

I would of thought it almost constitutes draft tampering considering post draft combine medicals etc are done in the full knowledge of all clubs and the AFL usually on set days with all interested parties attending.

Was a weird photo tbh.
How does touring a clubs facilities influence/stop the other 17 clubs deciding whether they pick him or not?

Stephens may make more sense for Beatson's statement they were interested in "a different type of midfielder" given Flanders has a good chance of starting his career as a forward.

Either way I’m happy! As long as it’s not Young or a defender

It's quite weird for a draftee to tour a clubs facilities, particularly one expected to go mid first round.

Can't say I've heard of it before.

I would of thought it almost constitutes draft tampering considering post draft combine medicals etc are done in the full knowledge of all clubs and the AFL usually on set days with all interested parties attending.

Was a weird photo tbh.
The dogs have had a handful of 1st round prospects tour the facilities recently. The media only caught one of them....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A different type of midfielder compared to Green. Both Flanders and Stephens are quite different to a Green in how they play.
I'll repeat it again for you in case you didn't notice it the first time.

"given Flanders has a good chance of starting his career as a forward" ergo he may not be seen as a midfielder at all.

Can completely understand why Gold Coast would want to do that too. Rowell, Anderson and Robertson basically sets up their midfield for the next 15 years.
Yeah, but Robertson will very likely be their if they keep #15. Alternatively they get Kemp instead who's even better. Crazy move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back