Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS don’t have a pick in next years draft, at this stage. Certainly not the first round.

He basically said they don’t see the point, and they’re not in the business of making teams pay.

I’m comfortable with us not bidding. Some goodwill for something down the line. Smart business

Could Finn Maginess be the next Josh Kennedy and be shaken loose from the Hawks nest by an early bid ?
It certainly would lift the fog of collusion that has descended on this draft.

Yes the fog of collusion like getting a doctor to fake a mental health problem which would prevent you from playing interstate.

They only invite the kids they're confident will be picked early. Be a shit feeling as an invitee to go undrafted that night.

Would also be shit to not get your jumper presented and be watching at home instead.

I’d add Worrell and Day to that list, at least. Maginness, Rivers, C Stephens, Bianco, any of them could go first round.

Yes the fog of collusion like getting a doctor to fake a mental health problem which would prevent you from playing interstate.
Borderitis: The irrational fear of crossing a border that miraculously cures itself for short enough periods to
play interstate games, but I stress only for the time necessary to play a game any longer can cause semi
permanent damage.

The so called collusion I described is more to do with bidding or not bidding to be more correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s bull. GWS have bid on our players, there’s no such thing as good freaking will.

Meh not fussed at all. Agree with just taking the players we realise we can get

Not sure why youd pick Jackson over Green.

Green is incredible

Melbourne are the last team to need an inside mid though. Jackson actually does make some sense.

Not sure why youd pick Jackson over Green.

Green is incredible
Yep. I reckon GWS are only feigning interest in Jackson because they think Melbourne want him. They picked up Briggs last year and apparently rate him. I don't see why they would be so keen on another project ruck.
Melbourne should bid on Green because he is the best available player.
I also don't get Melbourne's interest in Jackson with Gawn still a long way from finished and after signing Preuss for three years last year.

Yep. I reckon GWS are only feigning interest in Jackson because they think Melbourne want him. They picked up Briggs last year and apparently rate him. I don't see why they would be so keen on another project ruck.
I also don't get Melbourne's interest in Jackson with Gawn still a long way from finished and after signing Preuss for three years last year.

Thats incorrect, our priority was Jackson but very happy to get Green plus another highly rated player in Ash.

Because he's going to be a freak .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2019 Draft rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back