Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not worth selling the farm for pick 3. Forget about it!

If McEvoy is traded most likely it will net us a mid-late 2nd round pick. Same for Smith. Come draft time we could have a stack of 2nd and 3rd round picks.
No point. I'd keep both unless we get ripping deals for them.

Can someone please tell why would we trade out McEvoy. So what we signed Ceglar on a three year. Ceglar is prone to patch of very poor form. We are not only going to shoot our foot off by doing this but shoot off one of our premiership legs off. McEvoy is a very good player.

Yeah he would and that's my fear, we could be in for a longer drought due to the fact Clarko thinks the list is slightly better than it is.
You know what my fear is that u might know more than clarko. Then i just laugh at myself. Seriously mate u think Clarko makes decisions on a whim or would he be measured and calculating

You know what my fear is that u might know more than clarko. Then i just laugh at myself. Seriously mate u think Clarko makes decisions on a whim or would he be measured and calculating

We shall see mate, I can't see us coming close to a flag in the next 2 years and I'll be the first to put my hand up if I'm wrong.

We shall see mate, I can't see us coming close to a flag in the next 2 years and I'll be the first to put my hand up if I'm wrong.
Considering we were 4-2 without our best player against the preliminary finalists I reckon Clarko thinks we’re not far away. Need another good off season like last year. Patton a good start!

Considering we were 4-2 without our best player against the preliminary finalists I reckon Clarko thinks we’re not far away. Need another good off season like last year. Patton a good start!

Thing is being a contender is about consistency, very rarely do top sides drop games against the bottom 10 or so. It's not just about being up for a few big games.

Thing is being a contender is about consistency, very rarely do top sides drop games against the bottom 10 or so. It's not just about being up for a few big games.
We wouldn’t have lost to those bottom sides without Titch much like last year. Anyway we beg to differ, you being more the realist me the optimist. Looking forward to trade time and some handy additions. I think we are a little way off the Tigers but every bit as good as the other 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely and Clarko is under no illusions about where our list he said it himself we r a middle of the road side

The List needs to be dramatically improved. Dramatically !!!!

Have a good look at the depth of the current List, in comparison to the Lists of 2012 to 2015. We have a long, long way to go. The next three trade and Draft periods have to be aggressive and ABOVE ALL, successful.

The List, with its current gaps AND looming retirements or blokes nearing career ends, has got to be rebooted by at least ten List improvements, repeat improvements, not status quo additions, but GENUINE improvements.

I am not interested in this crap about the competition evening out.......the HFC way has always been dominance NOT competing with a lower common denominator.

GW has a huge task.

2 years ago, Brisbane won the wooden spoon and the Eagles scraped into the 8 with one more win than we had this year.

Just saying.

I think we’re heading down the right path.

Most improved player in the competition this year statistically was Worpel. Fact. Better growth according to champion data than hopper, mccluggage, Brayshaw and dunkley.

From Round 15 onwards (and look at the mix of our team) we were;

#1- points against
#1- points conceded from turnovers
#1- oppo defensive 50 to inside 50
#2- oppo defensive midfield to inside 50

I’m quite happy with the improvement and expect that this off season will deliver further incremental returns which improve us again.

Our list needs youth it's fairly simple we get so excited by worpel and Lewis and what they bring. Player development has improved so much and if you nail your early picks you're getting a top 15 list player who has an immediate impact .

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Tomlinson seeing he is a kpp what do you guys think he's worth?
He's not a KPD (which we need) & he's not adding rebound, run & carry through the middle, nor would he add anything to our Forwardline.

He'd cost $500k+ & play majority of the season at Box Hill.

Had we drafted him I'd be very happy to have him on the list but no way I'd want to pay $500k+ for him as a FA.

The List needs to be dramatically improved. Dramatically !!!!

Have a good look at the depth of the current List, in comparison to the Lists of 2012 to 2015. We have a long, long way to go. The next three trade and Draft periods have to be aggressive and ABOVE ALL, successful.

The List, with its current gaps AND looming retirements or blokes nearing career ends, has got to be rebooted by at least ten List improvements, repeat improvements, not status quo additions, but GENUINE improvements.

I am not interested in this crap about the competition evening out.......the HFC way has always been dominance NOT competing with a lower common denominator.

GW has a huge task.
Wright just needs to do more of what he has for the last three seasons.
Trade for elite players where it is worth it, identify value trades capable of improving in our system to B+ level, and continue picking late draft value, where we really did expect them to go much earlier in the draft ;)

Guys like Finlayson and Amon (last season) would have transformed the outlook for our list.
I suspect guys like McEvoy and Smith could be used to gain the kind of currency to facilitate trades for similarly undervalued types (see Cedric Cox, Scrimshaw etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back