Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Bell he hasn't even indicated that he wants to leave, Bell has more just heard that he would like to move back to Victoria
it's an interesting one. An acquaintance (wouldn't call him a mate - a bit of a douche) who catches up with Langdon regularly was adamant Ed told him first hand he was staying. But that was a couple of months back and possibly before any ex-gf issue (?). Leaving seemed to go up a notch when Lyon was sacked and he toured some Vic facilities. But now since JLo has come on board, seems to have quietened down a bit and no trade request made to date even though trade period has started.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is still a bit undecided - depending on the rumour stuff, if it's actually true, and whether it has been dealt with well or not, or what he is being offered at Melb/Ess is maybe not that enticing, plus a bit of curiosity as to what things could be like under JLo? Still think he will eventually go but may delay it a year or so. I guess we will see shortly.

I don't mind sending them our second round pick with Brad Hill.

They'll be sending their first this year and next for that deal though. That matches the deals for Sheil, Treloar, Neale etc

One first, and one upgrade of a first to second. It can even be our second next season if that helps.

I don't mind sending them our second round pick with Brad Hill.

They'll be sending their first this year and next for that deal though. That matches the deals for Sheil, Treloar, Neale etc

One first, and one upgrade of a first to second. It can even be our second next season if that helps.
Think your going to be pretty disappointed unfortunately

Think your going to be pretty disappointed unfortunately
Did you think we'd get #2 for Weller. Or Hogan for a first and second? Or #6 and #19 for Neale?

Brad Hill would be the highest paid player at the Saints if he lands there wouldn't he? Can any club argue their highest paid player isn't worth at least an early first?

Did you think we'd get #2 for Weller. Or Hogan for a first and second? Or #6 and #19 for Neale?

Brad Hill would be the highest paid player at the Saints if he lands there wouldn't he? Can any club argue their highest paid player isn't worth at least an early first?
Honestly, on reflection, you'd argue Weller is the only deal we won. Hogans foot and off-field behaviour was just as bad as reported. Neale should have gone for 6 and 19 without 30 going back given what Shield went for, what is being demanded of Kelly etc.

I dont think those two are as clear cut as everyone thinks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints said this morning that the Brad Hill deal would get done today if Fremantle agreed with their proposed deal, which was fair in their opinion, whilst also stating that pick six would likely be leaving their hands.

So I'd assume they've proposed 'Six for Brad Hill & 26', which is the best they could begin negotiations with.

Given we have nothing to gain by rushing this through, we'll be waiting for Jack Steven & Josh Bruce to be traded.

Honestly, on reflection, you'd argue Weller is the only deal we won. Hogans foot and off-field behaviour was just as bad as reported. Neale should have gone for 6 and 19 without 30 going back given what Shield went for, what is being demanded of Kelly etc.

Sorry I meant that we stuck to our guns. Melbourne asked for the world for Hogan and we didn't budge. The Weller deal we stayed strong that we wanted #2. Neale, we got what we wanted. All of them were fair imo (Weller was overs but given the situation GC created it was right).

We aren't going to budge, irrespective of what the media reports, is what I am getting at.

Sorry I meant that we stuck to our guns. Melbourne asked for the world for Hogan and we didn't budge. The Weller deal we stayed strong that we wanted #2. Neale, we got what we wanted. All of them were fair imo (Weller was overs but given the situation GC created it was right).

We aren't going to budge, irrespective of what the media reports, is what I am getting at.
Fair enough, but where have we said we want 6+, all I ever heard was that Saints werent to split 6...

I'd argue that you can never call the winners or losers till years after the trade. A long time to go in all these deals.

St Kilda have already offered Brad Hill a lucrative deal in principle, that the entire industry is aware of.

We're not going to demand a Geelong/Kelly type offer ('Three first rounds picks!') but despite pick six probably being fair, or at least not far from it, St Kilda have a lot more pressure on them to offer up more than that. Unless that happens, this trade won't be done until the last 30 minutes on the final day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back