Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

This trade period can help load us up on quality picks in the draft or waist it all on Tim Kelley and some other players that are no longer wanted by other clubs. I say load up on quality picks and take them to the draft and get some quality w.a kids and build the team with young talent that have room to grow and develop under a new coach. I want to come out of this trade
period with at least 4 in the top 20. To me that is the most successful outcome.

This trade period can help load us up on quality picks in the draft or waist it all on Tim Kelley and some other players that are no longer wanted by other clubs. I say load up on quality picks and take them to the draft and get some quality w.a kids and build the team with young talent that have room to grow and develop under a new coach. I want to come out of this trade
period with at least 4 in the top 20. To me that is the most successful outcome.

Yeah a little worried our big surprise will be along the lines of Kelly and Brad Hill staying, followed by scrapping together Henry and pick 97 for the draft.

A gamble not without its upside but possibly not heading towards that long term success Longmuir has been talking about.

From The West in 2014...Angus

"I definitely see myself as a West Australian at heart," Brayshaw said.

"I've been fortunate enough to play for Victoria throughout my junior football career and my grandparents, who are right into my footy, have been West Australians for 70 years.

"When I play against Western Australia in the carnivals, it breaks their hearts.

"I'll always remember where I come from. I was born in Western Australia."

whether he comes or not, i'll never not love Angus to bits and fully admire him for his reaction to the Brayshaw/Gaff incident. It was so so so so astronomically ****ed the way so many came out to defend Gaff after the incident, and he tore all those defending him to shreds & exposed Trevor Nisbett making up lies.

After having to read all the bullshit puff pieces on Gaff, reading this was literally the greatest :heart:

Last edited:
pffft fremantle town will be renamed to port brayshaw.
After a climatic battle with the rest of australia (led by a brayshaw) the new free state of brayshaw is created with the monarchy being a brayshaw. The reasoning being australia couldn't handle all this brayshaw.
Fyfemantle Brayshaws.

whether he comes or not, i'll never not love Angus to bits and fully admire him for his reaction to the Brayshaw/Gaff incident. It was so so so so astronomically f’ed the way so many came out to defend Gaff after, and he tore him and all those defending him to shreds & exposed Trevor Nisbett making up lies.

After having to read all the bulls**t puff pieces on Gaff, reading this was literally the greatest :heart:
There's a good chance Gagf leaves (flees) if Angus comes to Freo ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#1 - $$$$$
#2 - Nathan only has 1 season left
I agree, but I was implying that it was telling to see the Demons go for Langdon over Jones.
Both are outside runners, possibly Jones is a bit more inside, but Melbourne really need the run more than anything else, yet they have prioritised Langdon over Jones, despite Zak's brother being at the club!!!
This shows the value Langdon has, as Z Jones is no mug. He can find the ball & provides a good burst of line-breaking speed, but like Langdon, his kicking sometimes goes astray.
I feel we are devaluing Langdon as he does lots of work helping out the defense, & also provides outlet run all day.
I appreciate he is out of contract, but I think Langdon is worth more than a second round pick.

Last edited:
Bells comments via AFL website

“Richmond midfielder Connor Menadue has struggled for senior opportunities the last few years, despite showing some very strong form in the VFL this season in particular.

Fremantle football boss Peter Bell confirmed AFL.com.au's report that the Dockers are keen on the speedster.

"I won't give a narrative on names, but clearly Richmond is an exceptional team with a very deep list," Bell said on ABC Grandstand when asked about the Tiger.

"Looking at the quality of player who was running around for Richmond in their VFL premiership, you've no doubt spoken about some of the other players who are in there.

"Connor's a player that has been clearly persistent, he's been durable, he's got that rare mix of speed and endurance and he's really hard to find.

"There's no doubt there'll be interest in Connor, but again, I'm not going to be running a narrative on individual players."

With at least Bradley Hill and Ed Langdon on the move, Bell flagged the Dockers could throw a few curve balls in this coming trade period.

"We'll be really active. We've got some plans in place and looking forward to getting into the thick of negotiations over the next few days. Potentially there might be some surprises, but if it ends up we're going to have a number of draft picks, I think that's a really positive space to be in.”

It’s interesting that Mahoney was so categorical about Angus. He’s either telling the truth or he’s learnt something from last year’s trade period.
The only way that I see Angus leaving us is as a salary dump. He’s contracted to 2022. The contract was signed towards the end of his best year (but before his Brownlow surprise), and he did terribly in this year’s B&F.
If Freo get him it’s because Melbourne want him gone.

It’s interesting that Mahoney was so categorical about Angus. He’s either telling the truth or he’s learnt something from last year’s trade period.
The only way that I see Angus leaving us is as a salary dump. He’s contracted to 2022. The contract was signed towards the end of his best year (but before his Brownlow surprise), and he did terribly in this year’s B&F.
If Freo get him it’s because Melbourne want him gone.

Convince Hill to ditch the Saints and come to us instead and you’ve got a deal ;)

Convince Hill to ditch the Saints and come to us instead and you’ve got a deal ;)
I think we might have our eyes on your pick 3 if that happened ;) I'm kind of surprised you guys didn't go for him stronger. But if reports of St Kilda's contract offer are accurate that probably explains it.

McIntosh would be a lot better than Menadue. A lot more consistent.
Both menadue and Macintosh would be excellent choices , menadue has more upside has suffered from not getting an extended run at it played some really good games this year , one of them v freo . Don’t discount him coz he couldn’t hold his place in the side with very good depth , would play a lot more games elsewhere , similar to Sam Lloyd

Both menadue and Macintosh would be excellent choices , menadue has more upside has suffered from not getting an extended run at it played some really good games this year , one of them v freo . Don’t discount him coz he couldn’t hold his place in the side with very good depth , would play a lot more games elsewhere , similar to Sam Lloyd
Who has the better skills?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back