Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Really interested to know what bells “suprise” in the trade period is? 7 news just reporting that brad hill won’t be traded. So maybe that is it? Otherwise if it isn’t brayshaw then who else? Macintosh would be good, but not really a suprise.

I expect saints to do something stupid like split it’s pick 6, and then be like “this is the best we have” and offering pick 12 or similar

Reports during the week.

Richmond premiership player Kamdyn McIntosh has emerged as a potential trade target for Fremantle next week after it was revealed he is open to a move.
McIntosh, 25, fell out of favour at the Tigers late this season and faces an uphill battle to cement a spot in the best 22 after the rise of players like Sydney Stack and Marlion Pickett.
Reports out of Melbourne indicate he would be willing to swap clubs when the trade period opens next week, despite recently penning a two-year contract extension.

Neil Balme on it.

“You can’t emotionally blackmail people into staying for the wrong reasons. If they need to go, you need to help them go,” he said.
“You can’t just be a soft touch and let all your players go for nothing, but you’ve got to encourage them if they’re not getting the opportunity.”
Yeah not sure that has anything to do with our interest in Blakely. I know we asked the question to his manager about a month ago and again recently, so K-Macs situation is unrelated as I believe him being open to moving only came about a week ago.

Really interested to know what bells “suprise” in the trade period is? 7 news just reporting that brad hill won’t be traded. So maybe that is it? Otherwise if it isn’t brayshaw then who else? Macintosh would be good, but not really a suprise.

I expect saints to do something stupid like split it’s pick 6, and then be like “this is the best we have” and offering pick 12 or similar
Anyone have a link to Bells chat on the abc?
Can’t find a link yet, but it is the ABC.

I didn’t hear the whole interview, but Belly basically said on Hill, that he will begrudgingly trade him as that is what Hills partner wants, but only if Freo get the right price from the Saints as he is after all a contracted player. If not he will play for Freo next year.

On Langdon, he hasn’t officially asked for a trade, but Belly has heard like everyone else he may want to go to Melbourne, club & city & will work towards that, once he is officially informed by Langdon & management.

Interested in Menadue as he has elite speed & endurance & those 2 assets are hard to find in one player.

Other info on Blakely & Wood from North in other post, Blakely def staying, not interested in Wood. Also said there could be a surprise from Freo in the trade period.
Hope that helps, if the link ever turns up, I’ll post it.

Edit; sorry part I missed I think was on Kelly, but said that he understands that he wants to go to WC, but will monitor the situation & if they can’t get it done, Freo still may play a part.

Last edited:
Can’t find a link yet, but it is the ABC.

I didn’t hear the whole interview, but Belly basically said on Hill, that he will begrudgingly trade him as that is what Hills partner wants, but only if Freo get the right price from the Saints as he is after all a contracted player. If not he will play for Freo next year.

On Langdon, he hasn’t officially asked for a trade, but Belly has heard like everyone else he may want to go to Melbourne, club & city & will work towards that, once he is officially informed by Langdon & management.

Interested in Menadue as he has elite speed & endurance & those 2 assets are hard to find in one player.

Other info on Blakeney & Wood from North in other post, Blakeney def staying, not interested in Wood. Also said there could be a surprise from Freo in the trade period.
Hope that helps, if the link ever turns up, I’ll post it.

Cheers for writing that out Comrade!

Doubt it’s that. Bell said saints would have to come up with a really good offer. He’s also said numerous times that fyfe needs more help in the middle.

I actually hope they do split their pick now.
-Thinking they can just offer one of the new ones and acres or something pathetic like that and that because a player that nominates a club for”coming home” reasons (lol) generally get traded ,a deal will be done.

Only for belly to then laugh in their face and say EAD brads playing at freo next year then.

After all the promises they would of made to brad and their supporter base about landing a “big fish” their pissant club comes up a laughing stock again

Yeah ,I wouldn’t mind that at all

Last edited:
I actually hope they do split their pick now.
-Thinking they can just offer one of the new ones and acres or something pathetic like that and that because a player that nominates a club for”coming home” reasons (lol) generally get traded ,a deal will be done.

Only for belly to then laugh in their face and say EAD brads playing at freo next year then.

After all the promises they would of made to brad and their supporter base about landing a “big fish” their pissant club comes up a laughing stock again

Yeah ,I wouldn’t mind that actually
He would do it to. He’s a ruthless operator.

Yeah not sure that has anything to do with our interest in Blakely. I know we asked the question to his manager about a month ago and again recently, so K-Macs situation is unrelated as I believe him being open to moving only came about a week ago.
Just replying to your post “Don’t know anything about K-Macs situation”

As reported by Peter Bell today Connor Blakely is a 100% required player & will be playing at Freo next year after discussions with player, family & management.

Gossage saying he’s here for a holiday and nothing more. Yes, I know it’s gossage.
And tour the freo facilities. Why holiday in Perth? Not to see his brother the Brayshaws got together in September at home in Melbourne. There’s at least a shot here uniting the brothers Brayshaw and hopefully get the 3rd from west coast who’s fringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And tour the freo facilities. Why holiday in Perth? Not to see his brother the Brayshaws got together in September at home in Melbourne. There’s at least a shot here uniting the brothers Brayshaw and hopefully get the 3rd from west coast who’s fringe.

Unless there's a bonus for collecting the complete set I'm happy with just Andrew for now.

With all these players nominating st kilda. Have they been throwing around pie in the sky salary number promises which they may not be able to keep? Why else would you go to the saints. Dollars..
Paid 95% of the cap this year and that was reportedly front loading contracts. Steven our highest paid player gone and Bruce and Armitage were both on 600k so that frees up a lot of salary.

Hill is the only one on big money coming in.

Just to start another conversation piece, surprises during trade period definitely happen, but tend to come out on nowhere, hence the surprise.

I wonder if the the surprise is in the coaching ranks, ie Don Pyke joining the coaching team? Jlo mentioned the coaching panel will be finalised shortly, coming weeks I think he said, perhaps this is the surprise.

I don't think I'm going too early on this one.
In 2080 we will rename the Doig medal the Brayshaw after 18 family members have taken to the field for Fremantle, 9 of which captained Fremantle to a premiership.
pffft fremantle town will be renamed to port brayshaw.
After a climatic battle with the rest of australia (led by a brayshaw) the new free state of brayshaw is created with the monarchy being a brayshaw. The reasoning being australia couldn't handle all this brayshaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back