2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got the land and the sky, and we’re making progress in negotiations for the ocean too.

I turned the TV off yesterday when Darling got a free 15 metres out and the crowd booed because WC weren't allowed to play on.

You guys have the worst supporters in the league.

You can own the media in the west but you can't stop being shit people.

Imagine thinking we are a better team without Neale.
Different style. We still had to adapt and speed up Tucker into the middle. Luckily Darcy has gotten into the role quickly. Blakely coming doesn’t hurt either.
But Neale would still make us ridiculously strong. BUT would Tucker be playing this season much? Not sure if he could have lasted in Sheridan’s role.

Well done Brisbane. Came from behind again. Fagan seems to be becoming a good match day coach.

North aren’t flash though and Cunnington was their best by a mile and shouldn’t have been out there.

But Neale would still make us ridiculously strong.
Still not convinced. We were just too one way with Neale. The beauty of Tucker is he is accountable (soft tagging) plus is clean with his hands, and is a much better kick than either of Neale or Fyfe. Allows Fyfe to be the big bodied ball winner, get the ball to either Mundy or Tucker and you know they are going to use it really well. Plus if we don't win the ball those two aren't going to get smashed the other way. It's a win win, Brisbane needed a ball winner, we needed Hogan.

For all of his possessions, Neale doesn't really do much with them.

Do you guys really think this is the right line on Neale? He may not be the most damaging ball user but he wins the frickin thing again and again in traffic, is clean and gets it to the advantage of a teammate. We needed his type so badly!

He is very smart on linking up on the outside too. Super valuable player and suits 6/6/6 nicely.

Last edited:
Do you guys really think this is the right line on Neale? He may not be the most damaging ball user but he wins the frickin thing again and again in traffic, is clean and gets it to the advantage of a teammate. We needed his type so badly!

He is very smart on linking up on the outside too. Super valuable player.
The grapes. They're sour. You might have seen this opinion posted on this board once or twice a year when he played for us. Now it is every Brisbane game.

Don’t mistake one person’s take with the general consensus. Some of us don’t take breakups well.

Last edited:
Done mistake one person’s take with the general consensus. Some of us don’t take breakups well.

Shaping up as a very good trade for both you and us. Melb... not so much.

He is very smart on linking up on the outside too. Super valuable player and suits 6/6/6 nicely.

No, I think some of his possessions aren't overly effective but may of them are hard ball gets. Creates a lot of opportunities.

Miss him dearly.

He definitely isnt damaging with most of his possessions, never was and never will be but when he gets 40 odd of them it doesnt matter because 20 of them will be damaging. Same vain as Mitchell.

He's a gun no doubt

he’s the sort of player that will normally get at least 25 touches a game regardless of form, but when he’s in bad form they’ll be a pretty shocking 25, or on a good day they’ll be incredibly damaging. Regardless given the performance in the midfield today, it’s stupid to say that Neale isn’t being missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather have paid Neale what he deserved, than pay a bit less to Kelly or a lot more to Coniglio. Melbourne wanted to ditch Hogan ... I think we could have still got him somehow.

It seems to me Neale is quicker this year. Might be imagining things. But he did say when he rocked up to pre-season, he was struggling to keep up. I think an endurance reference, not speed. Regardless, Brisbane would have superior fitness staff, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have him running better.

I turned the TV off yesterday when Darling got a free 15 metres out and the crowd booed because WC weren't allowed to play on.

You guys have the worst supporters in the league.

You can own the media in the west but you can't stop being shit people.
I think we have the best supporters in the league, but I’m prepared to be the bigger person and compromise for 9th best.

687ee39b63b57866570ee2dac3db572b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 'likes' are interesting.

Not really. They played with him and probably became mates with him. Them liking it is probably more to do with them being happy for a mate.

Not really. They played with him and probably became mates with him. Them liking it is probably more to do with them being happy for a mate.
Sean and Sam were good mates, used to see them having coffee together in Freo even after Sam was delisted.

Neale is gun. Don't waste your time in here.

i saw ESPN running a best 18 challenge the other day. It's actually an interesting little exercise. You have to pick a best 18 from the afl but you have to pick 1 player from each club.

Here's mine

B Laird Rance Stewart
HB Docherty Hurley Sicily
C Polec Fyfe Whitfield
HF R.Gray Franklin J. Martin
F DeGoey Kennedy Gresham
F Gawn Bontempelli Neale

I think we have the best supporters in the league, but I’m prepared to be the bigger person and compromise for 9th best.

Nah your supporters suck, and Nisbett is an unconscionable anti-christ. I see Benny got out of jail yesterday, how long will that last i wonder?
Every time the media put Benny up, I just remember that time your club operated as if the law didn't matter.
A bit like the Catholic Church!!

i saw ESPN running a best 18 challenge the other day. It's actually an interesting little exercise. You have to pick a best 18 from the afl but you have to pick 1 player from each club.

Here's mine
Oooh I love these.

B Saad Rance Hardwick
HB Docherty Gov Harbrow
C Higgins Fyfe J.Kelly
HF R.Gray Walker Franklin
F Danger DeGoey Gresham
F Gawn Bontempelli Zorko[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad