2nds 2019 SANFL Grand Final- Port Adelaide v Glenelg 3pm Sunday 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL players check out against North Melbourne to ensure they don't miss their flights.

SANFL players check out against Glenelg to ensure they don't injure themselves before getting to clubs they might be traded to. Why risk your career ending over some meaningless premiership? Not to mention the fact that most of those players will be back training for preseason in six weeks.

The only time you'll ever get a genuine performance from the players in the SANFL GF is if the AFL team is playing finals as well and they are trying to press their claim to be included in the GF side if a player gets injured.
They didn’t check out today, they never checked in.

Once again, they lost the game in the first quarter.

I'm not sure anyone had what you'd call a good game. Sutcliffe tried to turn things in the third, but he had precious little support. Drew involved but not always effective, Ladhams hampered by one-sided ruck umpiring. Lienert pretty reliable, Trengove a fair bit of the ball but pretty vanilla for mine. Johnson might have helped in the midfield, which was pansted, but that was never going to be a thing.

Their forwards roamed pretty much uncontested. I don't know if that's because we had the same zones that cripple the firsts or whether we just weren't fussed about being first to the ball. You just got the impression everybody had already assumed there is no way we'd be allowed to win and played accordingly. As was mentioned above, we were the Washington Generals.

Solid effort by glenelg. Had a good even spread of experienced players. A few of our blokes ok ladhams. Effort ok. Thought glenelg would prob win as per spread.

This off-season is going to be a really long one.

It's the lack of hope that will bring us most undone. It's why a Magpies premiership was important, for supporters to at least hang something on the fact that young players had stood up on a big stage against a desperate opponent.

We could trade in Fyfe, Cripps and Dangerfield and I would give us no hope of finishing above 9th next year.

The influence of Hinkley has stunk up the whole club, they could have put Power jumpers on and you wouldn't know the difference.

Ken is like a festering sore.
It is NOT Hinkley. Look above him. Hinkley fits a profile.

I would have loved to grab the win but it didn't eventuate. Opposition, umpires and Hinkley made sure of that.

What I'm most disappointed about is - like usual - the way we lost.

Not many guys playing today have good AFL careers in front of them. Ladhams, maybe Hayes. Marshall still has a little time but it's not looking good and the rest are either depth C graders at best or delist/trade if possible material.

It's horrible watching us play. Slow, unskilled, complete lack of ownership, slack, undisciplined chaos footy.

How a collective can sit around and think how we play is a brand that will take us anywhere is totally criminal. It's almost like Hinkley has devised a way of playing that actually tries it's hardest to make it as humanly difficult for anyone to do anything or be anything. You couldn't make it harder if you tried.

Disappointed to lose but will have nightmares starting again over the way we go about things when it matters most.

We have some serious issues on about every front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so tired of hearing how we have professional players but never have an actual physical advantage.

When you have a gameplan that is focused solely on running harder for longer, and you truly believe that the skill level will work itself out, you get this clusterfvck of a team. Embarrassing really.

IMO you have to be a REAL PAFC person to win a flag, someone who know and lives our history, understands it’s members, understands what has made us great over the years and until the powers that be understand it’s all about giving Your all As written in the creed another flag will be a long way off. Williams ,Motley, Cahill, and both Williams brothers all knew it and it’s time Hinkley and the board learned it fast.

That was the most loaded set of dice I’ve ever seen in 30-odd years of watching footy.

Are we a f**king joke with 40 players whose footy IQ would rival Margaret Thatcher’s? Undoubtedly.

But to say that result was all on us just isn’t true.
If we had done our part, then we would be able to complain about the rest. That's the point. We haven't done our part, hence the rest is irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back