No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely massive call, Elliott by far the superior footballer for mine.

I would like Elliott because he's free.

I would like Butler because he would fill Puopolo's forward pressure role perfectly and comes in at a good age window for us at 23. We tend to like our 50-game, 23 year old recruits ;)

At face value he would’ve been nice to add to the foward line, let’s see how his next year pans out injury wise before we get upset at missing out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not having much luck at free agency.

We've done okay. Free agency feels like a lottery bag most times. The one time we used it, we plucked a key back who will play over 100 games for us by the end + helped us win another cup. Not too bad.

Now compare our trading fortunes to that of North. They are continuallly trying to poach players but players are steering around that club like its filled with lice and Gold Coast memberships.

North is kinda like the litmus test. They do nothing. If you're trade period is worse than theirs, then you've really done poorly and vice versa.

Happy to not be chasing Elliott. Mixed in similar circles North of Melbourne when he was younger and he's a toolbag.

More than that, he's not a requirement and is chasing too much coin. He's a small but he doesn't play like a small, plays more like a lead up forward and doesn't apply the pressure required. A bloke like Butler fits the role better and will come cheap. Don't forget in his first season of senior AFL footy he kicked 30 goals.

Utter zero. My family connection is “hugely disappointed with LW”
Why?

Because he is loyal to his team?

Because if he stays he instantly becomes a millionaire?

Think we need to get over the fact that some players choose someone other than Hawthorn, regardless of past support etc

Why?

Because he is loyal to his team?

Because if he stays he instantly becomes a millionaire?

Think we need to get over the fact that some players choose someone other than Hawthorn, regardless of past support etc
The family connection is disappointed in LW. And why wouldn’t they be given they are probably a hawk supporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back