No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who isn’t sold on Sam Frost, go and watch his individual highlights from their last game against North. I’m more excited about Frost than Patton, I think he will bring a lot to our backline.

He does some very exciting things defensively and his kicking is actually not as bad as people say. His decision making can be suspect at times but I think he is very capable of fixing that, given that his kicking technique is fine and he has lots of penetration. His ability to impact contests is elite. A lot to work with that’s for sure.

*For those who don’t know how to find his highlights: AFL app > stats > search “sam frost” > click on highlights from rd 23 > click on the “extended” button > watch every single thing he did during the game*
I am still waiting on the official announcement saying "I want to be traded to the Hawks"

Then the pic in the polo shirt at Waverley.

Until then the "Frost will announce he wants to be a Hawk" is still speculation IMO.

Yep and based on hearing him speak it sounds like Frost will come to us pretty cheap - our 3rd rounder probably gets it done on Monday morning.

Richmond after Jones? Some please check their books.

More than happy for them to go after Jones. Absolute turnover king, a downgrade on Ellis all things considered.

For anyone who isn’t sold on Sam Frost, go and watch his individual highlights from their last game against North. I’m more excited about Frost than Patton, I think he will bring a lot to our backline.

He does some very exciting things defensively and his kicking is actually not as bad as people say. His decision making can be suspect at times but I think he is very capable of fixing that, given that his kicking technique is fine and he has lots of penetration. His ability to impact contests is elite. A lot to work with that’s for sure.

*For those who don’t know how to find his highlights: AFL app > stats > search “sam frost” > click on highlights from rd 23 > click on the “extended” button > watch every single thing he did during the game*

What is he going to cost us though? Has there been any discussion on this? Future 2nd or 3rd round pick.

What is he going to cost us though? Has there been any discussion on this? Future 2nd or 3rd round pick.
The way they keep talking him down, a 5th rounder will do us fine

Maybe they will have to delist him after he gets pissed off and we pick him up for free as DFA
Quite possible

Au contraire, I wouldn't mind adding Christensen. He's no Puopolo, but he's reasonably good with ball in hand and knows how to kick goals. Obviously, his injury history is an issue, but I suspect he would be cheaper than Elliott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not keen on him based on what i've heard of his character and extra curricular activities.

Obligatory post to say that not all Hawthorn players are angels, either.

This might not be such a bad thing. The last time an ex-Geelong player played for Hawthorn...

images

Christensen as a DFA for cheap wouldn't be the worst list management decision we've ever made.

The only issue I have is that he's struggled for AFL level fitness his entire career, and he's 29 now.
If we're looking at it seriously then it's as a stop gap between now and when one of Walker, Ross, Hanrahan can step up to that real match winner level

If we're looking at it seriously then it's as a stop gap between now and when one of Walker, Ross, Hanrahan can step up to that real match winner level

No issues with us doing it, but as with a lot of other players who have come to the club in poor shape by the Hawks standards, he may miss a fair few games. Not sure how much of a stop gap he'd actually be if he can't stay on the park.

Wouldn't hurt us though and I back the club.

Christensen fits the Clarkson mould in some respects, as Fagan appeared to rotate Christensen through half-forward and midfield (when he was available). Averaged 13.5 disposals a game and 1.2 goals a game. He ranked equal second in the AFL for tackles inside 50 per game (2.00 tackles inside 50 per game).

For reference, Puopolo averaged 1.86 tackles inside 50 per game (fourth in the AFL), and Breust averaged 1.68 tackles inside 50 per game (sixth in the AFL). Jamie Elliott averaged 1.62 tackles inside 50 per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back