No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you realise how good Patton is.
Yes we do need him because he's an absolute gun. Don't worry about whether Patton is going to run into TOB or Lewis and TOB are going to take space from Patton. That's what we have a forward coach for. Patton's a monster forward who'll be clunking marks and taking the pressure off Lewis and TOB.

Our problem right now is that we thought we'd get him for a nothing draft pick because he's surplus to GWS requirements and because he's been injured for a couple of years.
We did that with Scully. We celebrated for a few months and said "Ha Ha GWS - we got this midfielder for nix because he was injured and look at him now".

Sadly no - there's no way in the world that GWS is going to fall for the same card trick 2 years running - and all the more reason why they're probably asking for a premium for Patton (despite the fact that they'd like him off their salary cap).

Do we realise what Mitchell lewis might be?

So Matt Crouch could be gettable bnf and AA in 2017 GF year averages 30 possessions once clocked up 47. In the leadership group and more durable than Brad, yeah why not!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Too much like Mitch and we need to fill other areas of need first and that's before considering the cost it would take to nab him.

Can someone link me with the Brad Crouch news? Or is it purely a random poster throwing up more fanciful wishes?

Is my randomness from ages ago in that ballpark mate?
Seriously, there is nothing to suggest there is a trade except for past interest.

For me if #pattonisthetarget wasnt called later it would have been a # for B.Crouch for sure

We won't be obliged to take him on the same terms. New deal.

GWS, however, are bound by his existing contract.
You have to consider the 3rd party in Patton. He won't be taking 350k per year, 2 year deal when he could sit on GWS list for another year. It will be about 500k, 2/3 years.

If we bring in Patton, Frost, Crouch and potentially Bonar and add to that Finn how is that not gaining ground?, what are Collingwood doing for eg?, we will be adding to each area of the ground that we needed to and bolstering depth. It's a win in my book.
Yes that would be a big win if it was to happen

Is there a significant difference in doing Patton + 40 for 30 rather than Patton for 50? That leaves us with 40 and 50, rather than 30. Turns out 40+50 is worth about the same in points as 30 so it seems like it makes little difference.

Why would Jon want to do that? He could earn more in another year at the Giants
A few reasons. Wants to further his career. Confidence was shot over the knees. Mentally fragile. The weight of expectation on bigger money. Doesn’t like Leon. Has a role at Hawthorn and a good medical team.
Rates our club highly already.
350 as Tyler said is spot on!

A few reasons. Wants to further his career. Confidence was shot over the knees. Mentally fragile. The weight of expectation on bigger money. Doesn’t like Leon. Has a role at Hawthorn and a good medical team.
Rates our club highly already.
350 as Tyler said is spot on!
So we're paying him below the AFL average. Gotta be able to get on board with that if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GW said we were heavily into Patton earlier in the year, before M.Lewis found form. He indicated that when ML started showing signs of being the key forward we had hoped, the need for Patton somewhat lessened, but we had already made a big commitment to Patton so we'll continue on our journey to get him.

I'm sure we still think Patton has some sort of role which explains why we're still getting him.

Has Frost nominated us? Has Melbourne said they're looking at shipping him off? Has GW said we're making a play for him?

All I remember is we enquired about him.

Can anyone please enlighten me on anything I've missed?

Has Frost nominated us? Has Melbourne said they're looking at shipping him off? Has GW said we're making a play for him?

Frost has nominated us and I remember hearing a Melbourne official say something along the lines of "we'll work with Hawthorn on that". GW has suggested it's happening too.

So we're paying him below the AFL average. Gotta be able to get on board with that if true.
Why not? If he's been getting 0.8 mil this year without playing and next year he's getting 0.35, then his avg will be 0.575 ;) . That's already above average.

I can't find the formula of getting that average.
But playing with some informed numbers comes up with something like this:

TPP =12
FirstYearPlayer&Rookie = 0.1

If in one year you have 12 players in that category and total player on the list is 40, then
Avg=(12-1.2)/28 = 0.385

There you go you have the avg salary :D .

Too much like Mitch and we need to fill other areas of need first and that's before considering the cost it would take to nab him.
So if you were offered the chance to have 2 x Tom Mitchell's in the side you would say no?

Mitchell
O'Meara
Worpel
Crouch
Shiels
Maguinness

That's a lot of inside grunt.
One might even suggest we are travelling down the same road which led us to depriving J. Kennedy of development opportunities when we had Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell and Lewis back in the day. I know a few of our guys today can play around the ground, but still, you'd want to be sure there is going to be room for all of them.

The hold up on Patton joining the hawks - have been made aware that the Aiden Bonar situation is an issue with Bonar wanting to come to the hawks but the hawks haven't decided if they want Bonar to come to the hawks.

Interesting times as Bonar was not in hawks minds until a few days ago - he is contracted and wants to come - ex Dandy Stingrays player.

Midfielders are players that hawks need more depth and if he wants to come I guess there must be reasons the club is weighing up the situation.
List management team are in a tough position on what to do.
Next years pick ideal if the trade is both Patton and Bonar to the hawks.

You haven’t missed anything. Focus on life and tune in next Tuesday and Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back