No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any more tricks up our sleeve????

I feel like if we were going to snag Bonar, he would've been included in the Jon Patton deal.

Welcome to Kneethorn, I mean Hawthorn, Jon Patton

Current Hawthorn listed players with ACL/PCL/Patella injuries:

Schoenmakers
Ceglar
Patton
Jones
O'Meara
Impey
Burgoyne

And this is AFTER shedding Suckling, Birchall, Whitecross and Woodward in recent years.

Edit: Tim Mohr

Last edited:

I feel like if we were going to snag Bonar, he would've been included in the Jon Patton deal.
I would say that'll be it. Doesn't look like Bonar is in the calculations.

Schoenmakers
Ceglar
Patton
Impey
Jones
O'Meara
Impey
Burgoyne

And this is AFTER shedding Suckling, Birchall, Whitecross and Woodward in recent years.

Starts did his PCL in 2011 at the G as well

Paid for how?

Wait until we get Carltank's pick for Pittonet - then we may see something happen for Bonar. If it is to happen, I'd say it has already been agreed upon.

Schoenmakers
Ceglar
Patton
Impey
Jones
O'Meara
Impey
Burgoyne

Impey twice makes the list look a bit bigger. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeeze, GWS. If you're going to swing your dick around and tell everyone that the big, bad Hawks won't get Patton as cheap as they got Scully then you need to at least get something better than you got for Scully.

The future fourth (Suns) they got for Scully ends up being the first of the fourth round. This 2020 future fourth (Melbourne) can at best be the same pick providing Melbourne get the spoon. It's not out of the question by any stretch, but it also guarantees that they haven't done any better on this deal than they did with Scully.

Given we've paid for this using the poo change from the Frost deal (which was already a steal itself) I reckon we're ahead even if he never plays a game. The logic being that getting Patton right now will probably help sign up a few extra memberships for 2020 than whoever we might have picked with that future 4th next year was likely to have contributed.

Jeeze, GWS. If you're going to swing your dick around and tell everyone that the big, bad Hawks won't get Patton as cheap as they got Scully then you need to at least get something better than you got for Scully.

The future fourth (Suns) they got for Scully ends up being the first of the fourth round. This 2020 future fourth (Melbourne) can at best be the same pick providing Melbourne get the spoon. It's not out of the question by any stretch, but it also guarantees that they haven't done any better on this deal than they did with Scully.

Given we've paid for this using the poo change from the Frost deal (which was already a steal itself) I reckon we're ahead even if he never plays a game. The logic being that getting Patton right now will probably help sign up a few extra memberships for 2020 than whoever we might have picked with that future 4th next year was likely to have contributed.

Fair point - but effectively all GWS has done is swap Patton for Sam Jacobs using the same 2020 pick and ridding themselves of Patton's solid salary for next year. They're better off because they badly need a proven ruckman and Patton was surplus given their forward structure.

It's a win win because we're better off with Patton basically replacing the big Rough.

Summary of Graham Wright's interview on trade radio:
  • Was asked about the backlash from supporters about trading popular players (they were talking about Daniher). Wright said it was difficult but that he believed many Hawthorn supporters had trust in Clarko and himself to make the right decisions. Certain list management decisions don't always pay dividends but clubs do what they believe will ultimately benefit the football club. Didn't comment specifically on Daniher.
  • We have a strong football subcommittee that has been in place since Wright has been at the club - from Dunstall to Vandenberg. Everything we do from a list management point of view is done in collaboration. It’s not just Clarko & Wright (although he did admit Clarko was basically involved in everything).
  • Patton has been training strongly for the back half of the year. We’re aware of his injury history and know that there is an element of risk but our medical staff ticked it off. GWS are flushed with talented talls which opened the door and let us acquire him cheaply.
  • Isaac Smith will be playing at Hawthorn. Some enquires were made about Smith earlier in the week but we’re not moving him on.
  • We’ll go to the draft with Pick 11 & 30 (as in not looking to trade for players). However, we have a lot of time to trade picks until the actual draft and we’ll look at options available. Highlighted live trading was also an option. When asked about live trading and the openness of this draft said he expected a fair bit of movement from clubs.
  • We will select the best player available at 11 rather than draft for any specific need. Yet again tried to highlight Mark McKenzie was making the decisions but was basically ignored by Dwayne.
  • Decisions on Shoey, Puopolo & other uncontracted players still haven’t been made. Will be made based on how many picks we have available and whether we believe certain players have a lot to offer.
  • Wasn't asked about Pittonet or any other potential moves

Last edited:
Just to clarify.

Initially I posted Frost would stay, and updated this thread a week later to say he was coming to us. You’re welcome to check my posting history for confirmation.

Burgoyne was gone for all money, thankfully he ended up staying. Things in this game do change folks, it’s never set in stone.

As for the rest of the trade period, I have nothing to update. Will try get one later today/early tomorrow.

Take care folks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Summary of Graham Wright's interview on trade radio:
  • Was asked about the backlash from supporters about trading popular players (they were talking about Daniher). Wright said it was difficult but that he believed many Hawthorn supporters had trust in Clarko and himself to make the right decisions. Certain list management decisions don't always pay dividends but clubs do what they believe will ultimately benefit the football club. Didn't comment specifically on Daniher.
  • We have a strong football subcommittee that has been in place since Wright has been at the club - from Dunstall to Vandenberg. Everything we do from a list management point of view is done in collaboration. It’s not just Clarko & Wright (although he did admit Clarko was basically involved in everything).
  • Patton has been training strongly for the back half of the year. We’re aware of his injury history and know that there is an element of risk but our medical staff ticked it off. GWS are flushed with talented talls which opened the door and let us acquire him cheaply.
  • Isaac Smith will be playing at Hawthorn. Some enquires were made about Smith earlier in the week but we’re not moving him on.
  • We’ll go to the draft with Pick 11 & 30 (as in not looking to trade for players). However, we have a lot of time to trade picks until the actual draft and we’ll look at options available. Highlighted live trading was also an option. When asked about live trading and the openness of this draft said he expected a fair bit of movement from clubs.
  • We will select the best player available at 11 rather than draft for any specific need. Yet again tried to highlight Mark McKenzie was making the decisions but was basically ignored by Dwayne.
  • Decisions on Shoey, Puopolo & other uncontracted players still haven’t been made. Will be made based on how many picks we have available and whether we believe certain players have a lot to offer.
  • Wasn't asked about Pittonet or any other potential moves
He did say he hadnt heard about the North-Dees trade because he had been in a meeting too. Sounded like he was in said meeting all the way up till the interview

Just to clarify.

Initially I posted Frost would stay, and updated this thread a week later to say he was coming to us. You’re welcome to check my posting history for confirmation.

Burgoyne was gone for all money, thankfully he ended up staying. Things in this game do change folks, it’s never set in stone.

As for the rest of the trade period, I have nothing to update. Will try get one later today/early tomorrow.

Take care folks.

Appreciate all the info you and the rest of ITKs give us.

Schoenmakers
Ceglar
Patton
Jones
O'Meara
Impey
Burgoyne

Stratton and Rioli PCL 2017

Just to clarify.

Take care folks.

Love your work - it's you and Topiary that seem to actually have legit reliable inside info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back