List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still have to trade to get him, all that means is he's potentially available. He's not worth the risk, we need a back up ruck in the short term, he's injured so at least a year away from starting training with us. I'm over waiting for another injured player to come good. He's getting paid more than some very good players and he's a rookie listed player that only picked up footy a few years ago. It's the ultimate high risk trade. We would probably have to down grade our first round pick to get a couple of picks to go after him even. To me when you need mids and go chasing injured speculative players that aren't even urgent you've lost the plot.
No you dont

Weren't you having kaniptions about us trading no.4 for Hannebury?

Chill dude.

You are kidding are you not Gringo? He has been their man for over a decade....They haven't won a final in 15 years, they barely play finals and he has had plenty
Of busts over the years....Only reason i can see why he is rated is that the ugly flog is always in the news trying to screw over every club
So naturally the equally dumb AFL press just assume he must be a shrewd operator!

I'm thinking more crude Masterbator!
Even the so called hard bargain where he held out over Carlisle and morons like D King think he bent us over.
People seem to forget we also managed to snag Gresham as well! So me thinks we won that one!
Add in his charmless way of doing business and most clubs won't even deal with him at all. So the cling on is costing his club!

Their list is good, they are mentally damaged from the cheating and have a very old fashioned coach with one move. He got Saad, Devon Smith, Shiel and Stringer in to the club, they would all be in our best 5 players.

Dod needs to get tested. Max King for Draper :drunk:

I read that. Seriously! I wouldn’t even negotiate with them.

Offer Draper a bit more and walk him to the PSD. I know it’s no longer the done thing but this is an exception.

16 other clubs wouldn’t mind in the least.

The beautiful thing is, as you’ve pointed out, Dodo has no leverage.
He can demand all he wants, makes no difference to the outcome.
Only leverage is to convince Draper to stay.

PSD is rarely used but the threat is still there.

A deal will be done if Draper wants to come.

I read that. Seriously! I wouldn’t even negotiate with them.

Offer Draper a bit more and walk him to the PSD. I know it’s no longer the done thing but this is an exception.

16 other clubs wouldn’t mind in the least.
Highly unlikely. If he leaves he leaves for $.

Dordoro knows he needs to trade or the PSD threat is there..

Cant remember the last time it was used like that.

Highly unlikely. If he leaves he leaves for $.

Dordoro knows he needs to trade or the PSD threat is there..

Cant remember the last time it was used like that.

I agree, but Dodoro is recalcitrant and has a history of bluffing to the brink. The Shiel trade was the latest example when Dan Richardson had to take control in the last hour to get the deal done.

Ideally we a offer a 3rd rounder (or thereabouts) for an OOC lad who hasn’t played a senior game.

Dodoro then demands our 1st RDP, or Max King, or a combination of a pick and Hunter Clark. We leave the pick on the table but stop negotiating.

If it’s there and Dodoro doesn’t take it then Draper walks to the PSD. Nothing wrong with that. But we shouldn’t get into a protracted negotiation with the bloke. Offer Draper a bit more to ensure he is there at our pick. Fair enough.

Looking at the video of Chris Liberatore at last year’s draft table gives me reassurance.

Uncontracted players

Darcy Tucker 22yr 61 games
Ed Langdon 23yr 59 games
Griffin Logue 21yr 15 games
Connor Blakely 23yr 51 games
Jack Martin 24yr 91 games
Adam Tomlinson 26yr 129 games - Free agent 2019
Stephen Coniglio 26yr 131 games - Free agent 2019
Darcy Parish 22yr 68 games
Sam Draper 21yr 0 games
Mason Redman 22yr 16 games
Tim Kelly 25yr 36 games
Zak Jones 24yr 83 games

Free agents 2020

Brad Crouch 26yr 74 games
Brodie Grundy 25yr 121 games
Dyson Heppell 27yr 165 games
Joe Daniher 25yr 104 games
Zachary Williams 25yr 90 games
Lachie Whitfield 25yr 123 games
Jonathon Patton 26yr 89 games
Jeremy Cameron 26yr 144 games
Aidan Corr 25yr 77 games

One of each please!

didnt know that about Tucker ..
Look at the young fella

2vl786c.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draper is really not that bad. Before his ACL, he was really close to making his debut with the Dopers. If you then factor in that they have Clarke and Bellchambers holding down the fort currently, most of their fans were excited about Draper being their main ruck this season. Certainly, they will not be happy if he chooses to leave. Is he worth $450,000 a year on current form plus ACL? Of course not. But, given that he is young with strong exposed VFL form, it's not a stupid risk. If you then factor in that we have money like the ocean has water, the risk is further minimised.

I still think Essendope find a way to keep him. They'll do some shifty backroom deal and Draper will go home with bags of illegal cash. But the fact that they've had to leak that they want Max King (big lol) for him means they feel it's a real possibility he might leave. And they're scared.

Only leverage is to convince Draper to stay.

PSD is rarely used but the threat is still there.

A deal will be done if Draper wants to come.

So a deal means a trade?

Nothing sarong with that! :cool:

Once had a boss (Commissioned Officer) who was trying to convince the dept he was mentally unwell, they didnt accept it. He then turned up to work at the Training Academy wearing a sarong and his work boots. Hilarious.

They then quickly decided he should be pensioned out. Those were the days before PTSD was even heard of.

Yes, our first pick and Max King of course.

Something like a second or third. Offer that and wait.
Ball is in Essendon's court

yeah, and that's what I said? Are you trying to be Plugger?

Still keen on Will Brodie if he wants to come back to Vic

Him and Caldwell seem to be the pick of the kids who other clubs have and might consider trading. We don't have much to trade so would need to trade a future pick. I doubt we can off load our first this year.

Should ask for 2 first rounders and King.

May be the first player walked to the PSD in ten years.

Dildoro has no leverage.[/quote/], they could have them, but it would be hard.

Ess:
Stk 1st round
Stk: Sam Draper
Ess 2nd round and 3rd round

I recon that Is fair maybe the 3rd rounder is out, but that’s fair.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

yeah, and that's what I said? Are you trying to be Plugger?
No you didnt, you made two falsehoods.

1) that he wont train for a year. It is usually twelve months between an ACL and playing not training
2) you said we would have to downgrade our r1 dp. This is just plain silly considering he is OOC and would not cost anywhere near a first rounder.

I am glad you have nothing to do with our trading if you dont even understand the rudiments of the situation of Drapers current status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back