List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet you do Drakey boy! 😏

I'm tipping something like Demis Roussos in the 70's maybe?
If it wasn't for those pesky gusts of wind creating your own Marilyn Monroe moments
You could wear it at the footy tomorrow and give all us Saints fans reason to believe again! Oooohhh yeah! :kissingclosed:

I'll be wishing for your friend the Wind to turn up and make it a gala occasion for all footy and erotica followers alike! :flushed:
I thought you didn't know me personally, MM. My best Roussos number is "Forever and ever and ever and ever you'll beeeeee the one! " I'll hit that high note just for you, MM, although I might have to give the plums a good squeeze to reach the heights of the original!

Out of the elite players we could be looking at
Coniglio - Free Agent
B.Couch - Free Agent 2020
Whitfield - Free Agent 2020

hopefully we get one of these , of course Coniglio the one because it would just cost money / the other 2 would cost our 1st round draft pick plus something

If we secure one and we are looking at a Langdon , Zac Jones or Jack Martin it's going to cost us a player
a Acres , Dunstan , Newnes type plus something else.

Also secure Tomlinson as a Free agent

So what I'm hoping for is
one elite mid
one good mid
one good utility

He will ask for Hunter Clark.

Was asking both Richo and Gubby about what it would take at the VFL a few weeks ago.

Our first round draft pick, a midfielder at that, for an out of contract, never played AFL, coming off an ACL ruckman?
Hope they told him he’s dreaming.

He will ask for Hunter Clark.

Was asking both Richo and Gubby about what it would take at the VFL a few weeks ago.
Was standing in hearing distance when Gubby asked who he was looking at

No you didnt, you made two falsehoods.

1) that he wont train for a year. It is usually twelve months between an ACL and playing not training
2) you said we would have to downgrade our r1 dp. This is just plain silly considering he is OOC and would not cost anywhere near a first rounder.

I am glad you have nothing to do with our trading if you dont even understand the rudiments of the situation of Drapers current status.
No you didnt, you made two falsehoods.

1) that he wont train for a year. It is usually twelve months between an ACL and playing not training
2) you said we would have to downgrade our r1 dp. This is just plain silly considering he is OOC and would not cost anywhere near a first rounder.

I am glad you have nothing to do with our trading if you dont even understand the rudiments of the situation of Drapers current status.

We have one pick before about round 4. How do you get it done? I'm glad you don't.

Didn't take long lol :rolleyes:

I think Cogs and Caldwell and getting to the draft with our first Would be my dream scenario.

Realistically, what is Caldwell worth come trade time?

We have one pick before about round 4. How do you get it done? I'm glad you don't.
Its not our problem, there is PSD in the end.

But somehow and I dont understand why, you seem to think the dps are static and wont change.

Go have a look what we started with and ended up with last year.

It really isn't as difficult as you make it out.

But as I see you don't really understand the situation re Draper, I wont respond again, it is pointless.

I think Cogs and Caldwell and getting to the draft with our first Would be my dream scenario.

Realistically, what is Caldwell worth come trade time?

Caldwell is worth our first, hands down and I’d do it too without a moments doubt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t really understand the situation RE Draper. The rules confuse me and I just read them on the AFL site.

Is it as simple as:
- we offer him a contract
- he is interested
- Essendon don’t match

We then just need to do a deal with Essendon? Hypothetically if a deal can’t be agreed he could go into the PSD nominating salary requirements as the terms we have offered and I guess the other clubs ahead of us in the draft could take him if they matched that offer?

I know the latter won’t actually happen and a deal usually gets done in these situations but just unclear on the actual rules.

I don’t know if I’d even heard of Sam Draper before the articles linking us to him came out last week. I don’t really pay much attention to the VFL part from Sandy.

I also think Marshall offers more as a ruck than a forward/2nd ruck, based on this year.

Dealing with Essendon is just a **** experience for everyone involved. Also given our cap space our name will get used a lot by player managers to get clubs to increase contract offers for their players.

If Jake doesn’t sign in the next couple of weeks, it doesn’t read too well. I’d say he’ll ask for a trade if possible.

Carlisle?
Why would he want to leave?

Swap of first round picks I think.. Gws love him, so doubt he comes cheap.

He'd want to be good for us to do that trade. There are some good mids that should be around our pick.

I thought you didn't know me personally, MM. My best Roussos number is "Forever and ever and ever and ever you'll beeeeee the one! " I'll hit that high note just for you, MM, although I might have to give the plums a good squeeze to reach the heights of the original!
Just Knowing that your giving your plums a squeeze
Is good enough for me Drakey! 🤤

Carlisle?
Why would he want to leave?
Carlisle is doing everything he can to extend his contract , just him coming back after his back injury is a huge indication.
He will be hoping to get some form and push the case , if he can get fit he will still be a force for us in the next few years , he is 28 next year and if he can prove he has fully recovered from his back injury I would expect a 3 yr contract at least - if he wants more he would be pushing his luck when you have 2 young key backs now in Battle and Wilkie with Clavarino , Austin waiting in the wings with Tomlinson being looked at.

As we know our back line can handle it self as long as our midfield can half the contest which it is not doing , this is where we need to step up and get at least 2 good ball winners to add to Hannebery , Steven , Steele , Ross and Gresham.
I feel Dunstan , Newnes , Armitage ( need big upgrades ) and maybe Acres all being moved on.

I'm still hoping Acres really shows something before the end of the season so we know he is worth keeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back