List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynch ran around like a chook without a head when he played seniors... of course Ross didn’t rate him, he had blokes who actually performed playing ahead of Lynch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 games on a back flank and showed nothing straight away, luckily we got Newnes for him.

5 games on a back flank and showed nothing straight away, luckily we got Newnes for him.

You’re right but but you’ve got it in reverse... he played at CHB at Casey was killing them, the only issue was Ross needed him as a lead up forward & he was no good. Yet another player development issue thanks to (mis)alignment with our VFL affiliate.

Thought we got Markworth for Lynch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worpel @ pick 45 and Scully (never to play again) for a future fourth / mid 60's pick pisses me off to no end.
Perfect example of the players having too much power. We would have given GWS a 2nd rounder for him but because he would only go to hawthorn and GWS needed the salary cap space, so Hawks were able to get him for peanuts.

Worpel @ pick 45 and Scully (never to play again) for a future fourth / mid 60's pick pisses me off to no end.

Neither of whom are going to help them make finals.

Battle @ pick 39 (?) and Marshall a rookie pick.
We also get lucky at times.

But yes, Scully for nothing is a travesty.

I reckon we could do with an extra 60 possies in the midfield this week though.

Yeah but they only got 5 marks inside 50 from 55 entries, so it didn’t help anyway.

Just like an extra 60 midfield possessions are no guarantee for us to score either.

Parish wouldn’t be a bad moneyball get. Looks better in the midfield and reads the ball off packs well. With dons young midfield he won’t get much looks in the middle unless there are injuries. You would only pay a second for him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our leadership group is meh at best. Swing the axe l say!

Agreed it's time for a major shake up of our list as we are going no where fast. We need quality midfielders and it's obvious we are absolutely inept at drafting them - so trade for them.

Go after emerging players like Hooper, Taranto & Bonar from GWS.

Langdon, Brayshaw & Cerra at Frenantle.

Siers & Maynard from Collingwood.

Martin, Millar & Fiorini at GCS.

We dont have a lot of tradable players but I would be happy to put any of Newnes, Acres, Ross, McKenzie & Sinclair even Webster on the table for the right deals.

If Steven still wants out he gets his wish.

Longer & Pierce gone delisted or traded. Pick up Goldstein as a FA.

The club needs a complete shake up and that starts with the coach and then work through the list.

I'll premise this by acknowledging that this info came second hand, and thus is largely speculative. I was told by a mate, who in turn was told by his friend who is a former board member of our club.

Apparently, we are aware of a certain player who is currently not very happy at his current club, and are already right into him. The player's name begins with 'B', and ends in 'ontempelli'...

Like I said, probably pure speculation, but given the former board member's connections, there may be at least a little fire around this smoke. Certainly, stories of player unrest at the Dogs over the last couple of years are not unknown.

Just thought I would pass on what I had heard :)

I'll premise this by acknowledging that this info came second hand, and thus is largely speculative. I was told by a mate, who in turn was told by his friend who is a former board member of our club.

Apparently, we are aware of a certain player who is currently not very happy at his current club, and are already right into him. The player's name begins with 'B', and ends in 'ontempelli'...

Like I said, probably pure speculation, but given the former board member's connections, there may be at least a little fire around this smoke. Certainly, stories of player unrest at the Dogs over the last couple of years are not unknown.

You can't just go walkin around giving me a stiffy like that at this hour! :openmouth:

I'm drunk enough to start making plans on what his TOG should be at the Saints! :think:

You can't just go walkin around giving me a stiffy like that at this hour! :openmouth:

I'm drunk enough to start making plans on what his TOG should be at the Saints! :think:
Haha I certainly wouldn't pop too many more bottles of champagne just yet, as the story may be way off the mark. Only wanted to pass on what I had heard- would be a dream scenario if true, and certainly put an end to the Billings vs Bontempelli comparisons!

Contracted till 2021 and if he is unhappy they would change anything to make him happy - sack the coach if need be.

We could easily be into Coniglio , Allan was involved with him when he was first drafted at GWS.

I feel we are a good chance , Tim Kelly will max out contract space at Fremantle and West Coast cap would be pretty full atm.

Hawthorn have Mitchell , Scully , JOM and if they are going to spend big they will spend big on a big forward like Cameron from GWS or a Patton type player.

We have the cap space and if we can show we have a good young squad our chances will be boosted - will only cost us money.
Also feel we could be into a few others and wouldn't doubt they offer our first round draft pick to secure another good midfielder.

well wouldn't that be just tasty!

Not great logic unless you also think Cripps or Gawn wouldn't be a good addition to our side.
My point is if both sides aren’t much good you might get any possessions. 60 extra possessions is on average about 10 to 12 extra per mid. Who are these 5 or 6 mids who do that.

I know Cripps and Gawn do great but you haven’t named one mid.

Ps. Just noticed the names mentioned were Warpol and Scully. Not sure how they get us one extra possession let alone 60. Between them they average 46. Obviously they have to replace 2 mids of ours so let’s say dunstan and Ross. They seem the closest like for like. Between them they get 48 Instead of an extra 60 we lose 2. Interesting. This years figures by the way.

Last edited:
Agreed it's time for a major shake up of our list as we are going no where fast. We need quality midfielders and it's obvious we are absolutely inept at drafting them - so trade for them.

Go after emerging players like Hooper, Taranto & Bonar from GWS.

Langdon, Brayshaw & Cerra at Frenantle.

Siers & Maynard from Collingwood.

Martin, Millar & Fiorini at GCS.

We dont have a lot of tradable players but I would be happy to put any of Newnes, Acres, Ross, McKenzie & Sinclair even Webster on the table for the right deals.

If Steven still wants out he gets his wish.

Longer & Pierce gone delisted or traded. Pick up Goldstein as a FA.

The club needs a complete shake up and that starts with the coach and then work through the list.

And of course they haven’t tried all that. Not. Yes let’s get Goldstein. That should solve nothing apart from making a few supporters feel better. I’d say the last player we should be chasing is another first ruck. If we can’t get players you don’t just get someone because he is free. He doesn’t fit in the side. He isn’t leaving north to be depth He actually makes our 22 worse. Back on the coach again even if it’s the trade thread. Nothing changes.

Parish wouldn’t be a bad moneyball get. Looks better in the midfield and reads the ball off packs well. With dons young midfield he won’t get much looks in the middle unless there are injuries. You would only pay a second for him though.
His last two games were predominantly as a midfielder and he carved it up, didn't get much of a run in there last night but still had an okay game.

If he gets somewhere where he spends more midfield time he'll kill it. He looked like being a cheap get a month back but his form lately means he'd likely cost a bit unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back