2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In his Brownlow speech Fyfe singled out two players that would send him texts/tell him - you just do what you do, we’ve got you covered.

Might be the role in mind for CEY - make space so Zorko and Neale can ply their magic.

May be posted elsewhere but Ch7 reporting Noble for Crows coaching gig?

I know he recently said he wasn't interested but may have had an offer too good to refuse.

The report was 10 seconds of Mark Stevens saying that some people at Adelaide are keen on him. Not very concrete.

Until there is a more definitive story I wouldn't be worrying too much, and it would be weird for him to go back to Adelaide as senior coach and presumably work under Brett Burton who replaced him (if Burton survives).

Could very well be a strategy that we are using to land players as well. I don't think we are offering massive coin to get players here, but they get some good security with a nice contract length. TBH, to lure a player up to a non AFL State and out of their current environment you probably need to offer that length, because you don't want to uproot your entire life, move away from family and/or friends (or move them as well) if you are only going to be there a short time then move back. You need to have some length to make that move worth it. With the team performing well and pushing finals, we don't need to over pay players to come, they will come for same money but for success, but the extra year makes the move a lot easier.

Also it's about investing in the relationship (in true Fagan style), it's saying we value what you bring long term. We believe you will invest as much in our club, culture, family.

Also it's about investing in the relationship (in true Fagan style), it's saying we value what you bring long term. We believe you will invest as much in our club, culture, family.

This!! Couldn't agree more. As long as you're confident you've got the right player, you invest like this & you get buy in on another level.

I think people underestimate how thin our mid stocks are.. Neale, Zorko, Lyons, berry (young)........ Matho, Ely... most teams have 8 decent, game ready mids and then project mids.. CEY is the perfect addition. Won't cost much, right age, big body, great bloke. Most importantly, depth.. can you imagine the shit we would be in if Zorks, Neale or Lyons were out at the same time injured? Smart, affordable addition and leaves picks for other things.

Hardly know the guy, what can you share about him? Strengths weaknesses, what he adds to the existing group?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Big bodied mid who can take a mark up forward. Came back from an ACL last year and missed the last half of this year with a mysterious "shin" injury.

Is the type of guy who looks imposing and great some weeks, and goes missing on others. Could be due to lack of games, he only really got a decent shot at it the last year or so.

I rate him and am sad to see him go, but I reckon another club and a fresh start might get the best out of him.

Definitely not a spud, but he's never going to be your number 1 mid either.

Four years is alot for Ellis-Yolmen. We must of got a good deal salary wise if that is the case. Good cheap afl ready made option, I suppose.
We must've done due diligence to offer that length. Also if we did and our medical team think they can keep him on and get the best out of him will be a very good get imo too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart strategy. Best 22 recruits, Adams, Linc, Lyons, possibly Ah Che, CEY. All value for money with potentially high return. Leaves plenty in the bank for enticing an A grader such as Lachie and some for our own when time for contract renewal like Hugh, Cam etc…

Clearly we have gone targeting for needs with attracting undervalued talent elsewhere.

I think people underestimate how thin our mid stocks are.. Neale, Zorko, Lyons, berry (young)........ Matho, Ely... most teams have 8 decent, game ready mids and then project mids.. CEY is the perfect addition. Won't cost much, right age, big body, great bloke. Most importantly, depth.. can you imagine the s**t we would be in if Zorks, Neale or Lyons were out at the same time injured? Smart, affordable addition and leaves picks for other things.

Clugga?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Googled him. He's 19. Not sure if that's the player we're looking for to stand up in a final. You'd think Payne or Skinner could do that job.
Hell be 20 by the end of the year, and dominated the VFL. Payne has never played forward at NEAFL level. Skinner only started playing forward this season and hasn't ever truly dominated a game. I'm all for giving them chances, I'm just saying Riccardi is an excellent prospect who we should take even so.

Hell be 20 by the end of the year, and dominated the VFL. Payne has never played forward at NEAFL level. Skinner only started playing forward this season and hasn't ever truly dominated a game. I'm all for giving them chances, I'm just saying Riccardi is an excellent prospect who we should take even so.

Would he take McStay's spot?

Just wondering how many young KPP's we can carry in the squad of 40

Agree 100% Brab. Skinner, Payne, Fullerton & Ballenden all have a huge opportunity next year and in my opinion, all have the ability to step up and become regular best 22. KPF's don't grow on trees and also don't really hit their full potential until 24-25 years old. Those 4 lads are already on our list. Adding another 19year old when we already have young talent doesn't make sense to me.
I wonder how closely people are watching our NEAFL games. Fullerton has looked good at times but still has a long way to go. Ballenden isn't even close to AFL level right now. Riccardi is better than all of them at the moment.

We have been linked to, after CEY for years. Great pick up - 4 years is more than other teams would offer but who cares.. we add MUCH need mid depth. Makes life hard for Matho.
Is there anything to the logic anyone that young players that bulk up a lot in a'n early career year take time to find their best again when they go up a weight class? Just wondering as whilst I haven't watched enough neafl the indication I was getting was that Matho was kicking goals and one of our most impactful. Him and CEY in rotation would be best 22 if Matho takes buddy's spot assuming CEY comes straight in

I could see it happening. He's certainly a better kick than McStay and he knows Joe to lead. Riccardi has shown more in a better league than all our developing KPFs.

Lisle has won the leading goalkicker in the VFL three times, including this year, so I'm still really not sold.

If we delist a tall though why not.

I think Ellis-Yolmen, while no superstar is probably the type like Linc or Lyons who needs a fresh start to take their game to a new level.

He is an imposing figure in the midfield and I think when surrounded by the right players he could really add something. From memory he had half a dozen clearances against us when we got him by a point.

We have probably lacked a bit of real midfield size for a while so his addition might be a good thing.

Lisle has won the leading goalkicker in the VFL three times, including this year, so I'm still really not sold.

If we delist a tall though why not.
Lisle is also 29 and is a seasoned veteran of the competition. Riccardi is a full decade younger and finished 2nd.

Wow, who can argue with such a well-reasoned, logical post?

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back