2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cameron thing I thought 12 was high although a known player for 12 or a unknown kid at 12. Although would not mind Fogarty.
Look at our low draft picks. Mayes(8) , Longer (8) , Aish (7), Docherty (12), Schache (2) and Polec (5) and compare to Charlie.

Elliot Looks over the line to me.
I don't know. If he is going on holidays as mentioned tomorrow and has not told the club he is leaving i reckon he will be staying at the pies. I will happily be wrong but IMO if he was going to leave would have thought he would do it before he goes away. As people have said before as well reckon it was a set ploy to have the cameras when he done the tour. Only one player and all it will do if stays at collingwood on a bigger offer will put pressure on salary cap in future.

Personally would seem quite negligent of Collingwood to offer him 500 for 3 seasons when they have all those guns coming off contract . Makes much more sense to let him go and have Stephenson take his role to a certain point also with de goey not sure if he is the player they want to be paying 500k to .
All the talk from before the preliminary final, was, can Collingwood fit all 3 of Elliot, DeGoey and Stephenson in the Same team?
They all play their best footy out of the Goal Square.
Both DeGoey and Steph can play a bit of midfield time but Elliot is pretty much just a small forward.
But are all very similar in the way they play, small to medium, lead up types who can also play quite tall for their size.
Maybe Elliot with his age and injury history is the one they think they can afford to lose without losing too much on field.

I reckon he's going. These will be his last significant contract where he can make bank and set himself up for the future. Money talks and he's walking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he is milking Collingwood for everything...
Or he is milking us for everything because the pies can’t afford to keep him?
Hopefully find out early tomorrow, we do seem to be holding off on our small fwds contracts so maybe it will happen.

Hopefully find out early tomorrow, we do seem to be holding off on our small fwds contracts so maybe it will happen.

Reckon both teams have a pretty firm number in mind & won't be wooed beyond it. Player & manager will try to get the media to manipulate the situation to get the best result for them & hopefully get one of the parties to budge further. Doubt it will happen though.

How does channel 7 end up being at the door when Elliot Walks In ? Noble / fagan and co are far too professional
Operators for this sort of rubbish. It has to be a manger /player or family member connected with Elliot which if case is to Surely get into a bidding war with Collingwood. If we are offering him 600k that’s a lot for a bloke who barely gets on the park : end of day as others have mentioned if he comes we will welcome him him with open arms
But worse case pies gonna be in all sorts trying to get these guys in the cap .

I don't think it's a bad thing. For $600,000 we get a player who is guaranteed to be in our best 22, oppose to paying $400,000 for guys like Cutler, Taylor, Robertson and Christensen who are on the fringe.

If Elliot plays a full season he's easily going to kick 30+ goals a whole season and were not going to be so reliant on Cameron.

Tom brown on triple M in Melbourne this morning told us he was tipped off that Elliott was as Brisbane airport at 7:00am the day after the pies b&f. So rang ahead to the qld crew to get a camera out to the Gabba. Eddie was sitting there quite smug apparently which Luke Darcy mentioned means he’s not going anywhere. Time will tell I suppose.

What can we realistically expect for our possible trade outs this week? IMO I would have them in this order for possible trade currency, a high of a late 20s pick for Lewy to a low of a future 4th rounder for Josh Walker and Ben Keays.

Lewy Taylor- Young, played plenty of good seniors footy and very durable.
Tom Cutler- His best is good enough, fresh start could be good for him.
Allen Christensen- Surely someone wants him, good solid player although could be more consistent.
Nick Robertson- His job on Whitfield in the semi could leave clubs keen on him as a tagger, also sets high standards on the training track.
Josh Walker- I don't think anyone will come for him.
Ben Keays- Ditto.

Tom brown on triple M in Melbourne this morning told us he was tipped off that Elliott was as Brisbane airport at 7:00am the day after the pies b&f. So rang ahead to the qld crew to get a camera out to the Gabba. Eddie was sitting there quite smug apparently which Luke Darcy mentioned means he’s not going anywhere. Time will tell I suppose.

If that’s the case why didn’t Eddie just say we’re working through a few things but we’re confident he stays.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What can we realistically expect for our possible trade outs this week? IMO I would have them in this order for possible trade currency, a high of a late 20s pick for Lewy to a low of a future 4th rounder for Josh Walker and Ben Keays.

Lewy Taylor- Young, played plenty of good seniors footy and very durable.
Tom Cutler- His best is good enough, fresh start could be good for him.
Allen Christensen- Surely someone wants him, good solid player although could be more consistent.
Nick Robertson- His job on Whitfield in the semi could leave clubs keen on him as a tagger, also sets high standards on the training track.
Josh Walker- I don't think anyone will come for him.
Ben Keays- Ditto.

Find it hard to believe no one will come for Walker. He has also played some more-than-serviceable senior footy when his number was called.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back