2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions should offer Carlton 16 and 21 for 9 and 43

Carlton use 16 (plus something else) for Papley, 21 for Jack Martin

34 would be enough for Ah Chee

Cutler+55 for pick 31

Lions have 9,31,52,64 and would obv get something for Lewy too

9 & Future First for Laird?

As someone said earlier, with Grant Birchall coming on board I'd be surprised if we were after Laird as well now.

Think Laird has the capabilities to play midfield time more then half back, he basically does for the Crows anyway.

As someone said next years draft is massively compromised and weaker apparantly . I’d be offering up our first rounder next year as well to get a trade of a quality player (Laird type ) or upgrade to the top tier talent in this years draft . Problem is a lot of clubs are probably thinking the same thing I’m sure noble and co will be trying. Good thing with noble he is genuinely respected amongst his peers which I think makes it more likely then someone like bell doing it .

Regardless of what they say publicly I think the Suns are feeling burnt by the Lyons saga last season and will hold firm on Ah Chee meaning pick 34 may not be enough. Whether we give them more will partly depend on whether we are successful in trading up from 16/21 onto the top 12. If we aren't then they may get pick 21 or our 2020 second rounder. I doubt they are interested in any of our players right now.
Pick 34 is our natural 2019 second round pick. If they’re not going to accept that, they’re unlikely to accept our 2020 second round pick, which is likely to be a fair bit worse once you factor in next years father son and academy bidding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you consider our current draft picks, our players who have requested trades, and the awkward position clubs like St Kilda, Carlton, Bulldogs & the Swans are in in regards to the players they want to bring in vs the current picks they have, I reckon our club is going to be very busy in the last few days of trade period.

Why would anyone be interested in Aish, when by taking him they'd be enabling Collingwood to keep their stars next year? You might be a better chance of getting Grundy at your club if you stay your hand.
I don't know why anyone would interested full stop. He's a below average small defender/half back/winger with no pace, doesn't win his own ball and his disposal's awful under pressure. Not sure how he's played so many games for Collingwood tbh. On the other hand, you could say being a best 25 player for a top side means he must be doing something right.

Carlton seem to have moved on from taking any old offloaded player, GC already have a full complement of them. Who'd be interested?

I don't know why anyone would interested full stop. He's a below average small defender/half back/winger with no pace, doesn't win his own ball and his disposal's awful under pressure. Not sure how he's played so many games for Collingwood tbh. On the other hand, you could say being a best 25 player for a top side means he must be doing something right.

Carlton seem to have moved on from taking any old offloaded player, GC already have a full complement of them. Who'd be interested?

Norf... This could be their moment of landing a big name.... although Aish is only 4 letters...

This is how it planned out in the end for anyone who is interested.

Total waste of a pick 7 in the end.

WHO GETS WHAT?
Lions: Picks 38, 40, 2016 second-round selection (St Kilda’s), 2016 third-round selection (North’s) and Ryan Bastinac.
Roos: Picks 17, 26, 28 and 47.
Pies: Picks 34, 53 and James Aish.
WHO LOSES WHAT?
Lions: Picks 17 and James Aish.
Roos: Picks 34, 38, 40, 53, 2016 third-round selection and Ryan Bastinac.
Pies: Picks 26, 28, 47 and 2016 second-round selection (St Kilda’s),

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back