2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The only pies player id be interested in poaching would be jayden stephenson. The slightest whisper he is unhsppy at collongwood and id be in there with a 5yr offer. (Can we start rumors now now) Get laird this or next yr, poach stephenson and i think we'd have a grand final team. Maybe birchall is a stop gap for a year and we land laird as a fa next yr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only pies player id be interested in poaching would be jayden stephenson. The slightest whisper he is unhsppy at collongwood and id be in there with a 5yr offer. (Can we start rumors now now) Get laird this or next yr, poach stephenson and i think we'd have a grand final team. Maybe birchall is a stop gap for a year and we land laird as a fa next yr.

Laird is not coming.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Poor old James Aish. Was to good for Brisbane and wanted to play with the big boys. Thats Collingwood for you. Offer the World and then push you out first chance they can. I would think its Norf or one of the SA clubs for the Prince now.

Got problems the Pies.They have now had Cox - Aish - and Tom Phillips names thrown out for trade. Grundy has them in a sweat over a long term contract. Beams cost them plenty even at a reduced rate and barely played.

If things don't start well for the Pies in 2020 can seem them self exploding especially if the Grundy saga continues on. Lot of players will be thinking am I getting shipped off at seasons end?

Got problems the Pies.They have now had Cox - Aish - and Tom Phillips names thrown out for trade. Grundy has them in a sweat over a long term contract. Beams cost them plenty even at a reduced rate and barely played.

Barrett on Trade Radio just now said that Collingwood have no interest in trading Phillips BUT the squeeze just might be too much for them to hold him. In a slight pickle are the Pies. Love it.

Carlton get 16 and 21
Brisbane Lions get 9

16 and a future second for Papley and 54
21 gets them Martin

Essendon 5 and a 2020 1st
Sydney Joey Jo Jo and 33

Sydney then have 16, 25, 33, 44, 62, 63, 81 and a 2020 2nd
they can use these picks to swap with the Dogs and Saints for future 2nds and 3rds who are in DIRE NEED OF PICKS NOW to get players
Swans then have ample future picks stored for their 2 or 3 academy kids next year and still a 1st round pick this year.

Lions would have 9, 34, 52, 55, 64 and could easily get 33 for Lewy

Why would anyone be interested in Aish, when by taking him they'd be enabling Collingwood to keep their stars next year? You might be a better chance of getting Grundy at your club if you stay your hand.

IIRC the new club can sign him to a small contract and Collingwood tops Aish up to the previous amount. Aish gets the same amount of money, the new club gets Aish on a below market contract and Collingwood gets some salary cap relief they wouldn't have had otherwise.

Really hope we make a splash in the last 3 days! Hopefully they have something in line we haven't heard about.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back