Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. I'll put it plainly so none of my misinterpreted info gets taken as part of this.

The question was "who are we looking at for pick one?"

The response was ugle Hagan by a mile but not available.

The others in contention were thilthorpe, Phillips and McDonald
That would be so disappointing if true. IMHO hollands is the most skillful midfieder i have seen come through the ranks for a while now. Its only the question of how his knee recovers. I cant see how the crows could possibly rank thilthorpe higher than hollands.

That would be so disappointing if true. IMHO hollands is the most skillful midfieder i have seen come through the ranks for a while now. Its only the question of how his knee recovers. I cant see how the crows could possibly rank thilthorpe higher than hollands.
Would be so us, miss out on the best player in ugle Hagan, then pass on the second best

Would be so us, miss out on the best player in ugle Hagan, then pass on the second best
Just reporting what I'm told but may push the friendship for an update and explanation a bit later on. This was current as of yesterday

Just reporting what I'm told but may push the friendship for an update and explanation a bit later on. This was current as of yesterday
Just just tell them you cant understand why Hollands wouldnt be taken as its very clear to you that he should be our selection.

Hopefully the response will be a defensive answer, revealing some more truth .

Just just tell them you cant understand why Hollands wouldnt be taken as its very clear to you that he should be our selection.

Hopefully the response will be a defensive answer, revealing some more truth .

not sure it could be fact. Clearly Holland’s be in mix without question. How would a friend get such privlaged infomation sorry don’t believe it just saying

I do. I'll put it plainly so none of my misinterpreted info gets taken as part of this.

It’s so typical for Adelaide to prefer the smaller, hardworking, vanilla, accumulating mid (Phillips) over a taller mid who has x-factor and go forward and be a real threat too (Hollands).
We need to go for the higher potential guy imo. Look at Bont & Oliver in their draft years. Both clubs probably selected them slightly earlier than originally predicted.

OK. I realise now why us SMA members dont have to pay the $30.00. Its no different to other years. Every game is included except finals. Such as the away showdown and all port games

Phillips is the safe midfielder of this year's draft. Prolific and doesn't do much wrong. Makes good decisions. Could make an impact early on. Looks a rung below Rowell imo but similar type.

I like him but imo he lacks the dynamism of hollands and Campbell. Unfortunately we don't have access to Campbell. Hollands is a risk. I'd take the risk personally if we have 1 and 2. Philips would be the next option midfielder wise if I wasn't willing to take that risk.

It’s so typical for Adelaide to prefer the smaller, hardworking, vanilla, accumulating mid (Phillips) over a taller mid who has x-factor and go forward and be a real threat too (Hollands).
We need to go for the higher potential guy imo. Look at Bont & Oliver in their draft years. Both clubs probably selected them slightly earlier than originally predicted.
I'm sure whoever actually passed that opinion has seen a **** tonne more of both players than any of us.

Phillips is also an absolute guaranteed 200 gamer, who has been elite in his age the entire time he's played.

Hollands hasn't actually played midfield, can go long stretches without impacting the game and is coming off a serious injury. Are we sure he won't be a Jake Stringer?

There's different ways of viewing this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look... theres a lot of froth in here over Hollands and most of its warranted but the lad is recovering from an acl..

its just too risky to take the kid with pick 1 or 2... does he fully recover from it and return to his best footy?.. does it make it more likely that he does another acl in the future?..

Nearly every draftee thats done a knee in his draft year in recent times has slid. And for the very reason that clubs arent willing to risk very early picks on them.

if the gws pick ends up being between 7-12.. its possible that we could get him with that.

And as for calling Phillips “vanilla”... little bit harsh dontcha think!..

Look... theres a lot of froth in here over Hollands and most of its warranted but the lad is recovering from an acl..

its just too risky to take the kid with pick 1 or 2... does he fully recover from it and return to his best footy?.. does it make it more likely that he does another acl in the future?..

Nearly every draftee thats done a knee in his draft year in recent times has slid. And for the very reason that clubs arent willing to risk very early picks on them.

if the gws pick ends up being between 7-12.. its possible that we could get him with that.

And as for calling Phillips “vanilla”... little bit harsh dontcha think!..
Talls that high in the draft are a big risk as well. Personally I would take a risk on a potential gun mid recovering from a knee injury than a tall.

Last edited:
Phillips is the safe midfielder of this year's draft. Prolific and doesn't do much wrong. Makes good decisions. Could make an impact early on. Looks a rung below Rowell imo but similar type.

I like him but imo he lacks the dynamism of hollands and Campbell. Unfortunately we don't have access to Campbell. Hollands is a risk. I'd take the risk personally if we have 1 and 2. Philips would be the next option midfielder wise if I wasn't willing to take that risk.
Hollands is a risk, a sizable one too but he is the type we need around the ball.

That said I do wonder if at pick 6/7 we think Hollands will be available and would be more inclined to take that risk.

Wouldn't exactly say taking Phillips is a bad thing either. Much like Walsh he may not end up being the best player in his draft year but he's likely to end up a damn good one.

Sounds like we are taking Phillips, McDonald and Hollands with pick 1, 2 and 8. Bring it on.

you think hollands would still be there that late?
Need Freo to overtake gws which would be pick 6. Win this week and they may. Have them both finishing on 8 wins if Freo get up this week. May come down to percentage. If we can beat gws that will really help. Dream scenario is that Gws don't win another game which is possible. Us beating them is unlikely but that needs to be our grand final.

We might try to move up the order to get him, package the GWS pick and our 2nd rounder. Take Phillips, McDonald/Tilthorpe and Hollands with our first 3 picks and then add Edwards, Newchuch and Borlase.
I'd be about that but don't think other clubs will want to if we give them Hollands on a silver platter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back