2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we had the same draw that Port did we would have only lost 3 games?
There is no doubt Port Power currently have a top 8 list but definitely not top 4 list, we would have won a few more games if we had the same fixture as Port Power and if we had return back from the COVID-19 lockdown in better physical shape. We lost to North when we had to fly up there early in the morning and play on the same afternoon.

The other thing I don’t understand is how the commentators were saying Port is a young side. They are far from being a young side with all those players 30+ -

Ebert
Boak
Rockcliff
Gray
Dixon
Harlett

then

Jonas (30 next year)
Motlop (30 next year)
Lycett (29 next year)
Mackenzie (29 next year)
They have 3 young kids who are playing great footy and stand out, thats enough for commentators to say "good young side"

You obviously have not seen the gif bonanza they had on their forum for 3 years.

This would be awesome and you would be legendary to have a premiership cup kicked in the air by Rozee and dropped by Duursma.

I appeal to you to please do this........
Okay, I have thought about it... here is a condensed version.
2teams1cup.gif

View attachment 987772

That was right in front of us, we were first seated row. There’s a lot of unnecessary jumping in the AFL. Some players jump to receive a handball put in the exact right spot. With all the $ spent on coaching, you’d think they’d coach that rubbish out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem for Port is that talent wise they have a massive gap in the 24-28 age range and their main movers are on the wrong side of 30.

Next year
Gray 33
Boak 33
Rockliffe 31
Ebert 31 (retiring)
Hartlett 31
Dixon 31
Jonas 30
Motlop 30

This year was a now or never moment for them to win a flag. Those years where they kept trading away picks for Dixon, Ryder etc is about to catch up with them.

Gee a Brad Crouch aged player would be useful, sad that they withdrew their lowball pretend offer.....

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

When I woke up this morning it was one of those times where you think “Wait what time is it? What day is it? Do I have to work? Do I need to be somewhere?”

And as I was struggling with where I was and what was happening, I suddenly thought “Hey Port lost!!”

And all was right with the world👍😄

That was right in front of us, we were first seated row. There’s a lot of unnecessary jumping in the AFL. Some players jump to receive a handball put in the exact right spot. With all the $ spent on coaching, you’d think they’d coach that rubbish out.

Not sure how far away the Richmond player actually is but possibly looks like an attempt to jump up to meet the ball rather than risk waiting for the ball and the other player gets to him in time to spoil

But having said that - very poorly timed attempt.

Oh and HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Saw this on Facebook.. posted there by a port supporting friend of mine and from the “We are Port Adelaide” club facebook page.

View attachment 987623

Is this “We Are Port Adelaide” facebook page actually legit and affiliated with or run by the club itself?

If so... surely publically calling the AFL organisation that actually funds you “corrupt” would have to raise some eyebrows in AFL house..

It's not an official Port outlet. I'm not sure if it's the cheer squad page, or page along the lines of Adelaide Crows Pride, but the club itself would have nothing to do with it.

Not jumping doesn't fit the "Look at me, I'm fantastic" narrative.

2teams1cup-gif.987772
clap-gif.611458

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back