2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Tex has never been a good mark. The only way he would extend his career is if he became a strong marking full forward like Hawkins is. But he is too slow and can't put two arms up for a mark now.
Has shown no signs of making a remarkable recovery from his many ailments over past 3 years.

His biggest weapon also was his long bombs that used to be straight are now wayward or off course.

Port were drunk from drinking the Alberton toilet water after beating the VFL Tigers last week. This was always going to happen. I know hindsight, but this isnt our first rodeo, we know Ports rich history since 1997.

w-primogif-com-americas-funniest-home-videos-e-gif.935841
ad-chum-so-chumpy-e2-gif.935821

Yes, the way the media have gone after him post 2017 has made it difficult for him.

Plus he's got chronic leg problems that have killed his game.
Fair call, but I still hope he plays on next year to mentor our next generation of forwards, or better yet get rid of Hart and have him as a playing assistant coach!

Fair call, but I still hope he plays on next year to mentor our next generation of forwards, or better yet get rid of Hart and have him as a playing assistant coach!
The question will be though, will he want to become a role player for the remainder of his career ??

It's abundantly clear we can't play him and Fog in the same side and if we go and draft a Thilthorpe or McDonald they need to be given priority as well.

I'm not sure he would want to play out his career in the 2s

The question will be though, will he want to become a role player for the remainder of his career ??

It's abundantly clear we can't play him and Fog in the same side and if we go and draft a Thilthorpe or McDonald they need to be given priority as well.

Give Tex an off field role as our Forwards Coach in 2021.

It will be an interesting call, but I think Tex respects the club enough to make the right call.

It's not quite that simple I'm afraid.

If you dont mind me asking, could you explain why? I had this specific issue when they were drunk on Alberton toilet water last week.

I only post on here, never ever on their board. Correction, the last time was when Phil Walsh passed and suggested the Showdown medal be named after him, then was hounded and trolled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you dont mind me asking, could you explain why? I had this specific issue when they were drunk on Alberton toilet water last week.

I only post on here, never ever on their board. Correction, the last time was when Phil Walsh passed and suggested the Showdown medal be named after him, then was hounded and trolled.

Check you PMs I will explain it you there.

How does such a sh*t player like Motlop always turn into Peter Matera against us?
Port didn't have the energy to execute thier plan. No pressure. So moltop had a free ride. Dangerfield dedtroyed port with precision blows. They cHanged game plan at quarter time, stopped looking for that quick chip when free in center.

Hawkins plays like modra. Doesn't have the temprenent and is a bit big for how he plays.

Modra is one player from a bygone era that could dominate this level more than he did his own. Few make that class. He should be an afl Legend ASAP.

Covid Cup is heaps intriguing. Players got no energy, like they don't want to get hurt. But Adreniline slowly creeps in and its get more eager until a decent clash of bodies, then everyone backs off. I don't know if its because of lack of crowd, or because of the schedule, or a combination. But I've seen harder games of women's football, played in its spirit, in its madness. Better than tonight . Those two finals wins at ao by the women, we were harder and more committed, than the game saw tonight

If I had a choice, I take aflw finals over men's now.

Wait a minute, when in the blue hell did you become a moderator?

I step out for one god damn minute...

I didnt know as well.

Credit to relapse the best ones are the ones that you never know they are, but are in the background.

Take a look at the broken Ford Festiva at Alberton and Greek "goddess" from Princes Park, always bashing and crashing all over the place!

I'm a bit with Mark Bickley on this.

Fog is playing a completely different game than Walker. And this notion that Fog is completely useless once ball hits ground seems a bit over exaggerated

If you compare Fog to other forwards the comp apart from the elite players like Kennedy he's around the mark, or at least not being embarrassed. His tackle count doubled nearly every key forward I could compare him to.

This is a team with no wins averaging 35 inside 50s a match.

It feels like utter madness to drop Fog because our midfield is poor.

Last edited:
Yes. Where’s the usual influx of chest beating and advice-giving?

But I guess when you’ve been part of a dynasty for the last decade you qualify to give advice...

But the excuses are out in force.

“They have to travel the same day”. It is strange how this excuse for Richmond losing last week wasn’t a reason for why Port winning.

At the end of the day, Port have been beaten by Brisbane, St Kilda and Geelong. They beat a West Coast who were having the sooks being in the hub early in the season, would it happen now? Unlikely. They beat a Richmond outfit who had a number of players missing as well.

Not convinced at all but they are likely to win their next 3 and they will be back on the bath water.

WCE benefited from a good deal with the WAFL. Flat rate to rent Subiaco. Collect the rent and let WCE thrive

SANFL on the other hand used us to provide revenue for their comp. Gouged us so they could try and thrive.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
So what's the excuse since we left the SANFL which was a long time ago. Ironically we were a better run club under the SANFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back