2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist (not including Rookie delistings)

Poholke
Knight
Atkins
Crocker
Davis

Trade
Seedsman
Kelly

I'd suggest Frampton will get another year out of necessity .....but it does mean getting a Ruckman in this Draft
Framptons got two years left on his contract... how does that equal he’s going to “get another year out of necessity”?..

hes going nowhere unless we can force him out somehow..

Framptons got two years left on his contract... how does that equal he’s going to “get another year out of necessity”?..

hes going nowhere unless we can force him out somehow..
Wasn't aware of that ....but if we take a Ruckman this year, we won't get a return for 3 years

Anyone considered Archie Smith as a Ruck option .....has had a lot of injuries, but is a good tap ruckman

Wasn't aware of that ....but if we take a Ruckman this year, we won't get a return for 3 years

Anyone considered Archie Smith as a Ruck option .....has had a lot of injuries, but is a good tap ruckman
I reckon Strachan goes before Billy

Don’t shoot the messenger, but from what I know Port were very keen on Caldwell and Williams, but both are likely to join st kilda and Carlton respectively if they do decide to leave. Port, as a result, have turned their attention to B Crouch — who is also on the radar of Geelong. Cats willing to pay more, Brad would rather stay in Adelaide. Bottom line is you won’t see Brad in a Crows jumper next year. More and more likely one with teal in it. What crazy times.

Don’t shoot the messenger, but from what I know Port were very keen on Caldwell and Williams, but both are likely to join st kilda and Carlton respectively if they do decide to leave. Port, as a result, have turned their attention to B Crouch — who is also on the radar of Geelong. Cats willing to pay more, Brad would rather stay in Adelaide. Bottom line is you won’t see Brad in a Crows jumper next year. More and more likely one with teal in it. What crazy times.
Nothing really new or ground breaking, I know.

There's am extremely strong possibility that all 4 teams after us would all pay a extremely handsome fee for the right to pick McDonald. And none of them look like they are going to remotely be in finals contention next year (more likely wooden spoon contenders).

For me i'm really starting to like the idea of bidding on the WB player for number 1, and then holding an auction for pick 2 among those 4 teams with the min return set at 2021 1st rounder on top of their next pick! If no one bites, we pick him and get the form player in the draft.

If they do, we drop a couple slots, take the Best Mid Available or Thilthorpe and take what would be an extremely high likelihood of a second top 5 pick into the 2021 draft.

I like this idea. Teams generally overvalue picks in the current draft, and undervalue future picks. I can't see much improvement in North, Sydney or Hawthorn next year, So trading pick 2 > Hawthorn's pick 5/6 + future 1st could present some real value. There's every chance Hawks finish last next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this idea. Teams generally overvalue picks in the current draft, and undervalue future picks. I can't see much improvement in North, Sydney or Hawthorn next year, So trading pick 2 > Hawthorn's pick 5/6 + future 1st could present some real value. There's every chance Hawks finish last next year.
I could even be convinced to send back a future 2nd to get it over the line. Or maybe a player looking for a fresh start like Gooch.

I hate Geelong and Port at pretty much the same level these days. So neither would bother me more then the other!

Neither would bother me at all if we hold pick 2 as a result

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what do we think will happen with Hartigan?

He’s been good lately, sometimes makes stupid mistakes but is a big body we don’t yet have while the kids develop.

Are we thinking he’s got trade value so now’s the time to move him on?

Thanks

Not the perfect replacement for Rocky and Boak in the coming years? If he plays like he did on Tuesday for the rest of the year...
Rockliff still has a couple years left on a chunky salary.

I hate Geelong and Port at pretty much the same level these days. So neither would bother me more then the other!

Neither would bother me at all if we hold pick 2 as a result
If Port end up delivering pick 2 to us for Brad Crouch, then they will become my new favourite opposition team! [same goes for Cats]

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what do we think will happen with Hartigan?

He’s been good lately, sometimes makes stupid mistakes but is a big body we don’t yet have while the kids develop.

Are we thinking he’s got trade value so now’s the time to move him on?

Thanks
Id move him on

I could even be convinced to send back a future 2nd to get it over the line. Or maybe a player looking for a fresh start like Gooch.
No team considered not "in contention" is going to be at all keen to trade picks that look to be in the top 5 or 6 if their recruiters have a say with talent the likes of Jason Horne, Tyler Sonsie, Josh Rachele, Josh Rentsch, Ben Hobbs, Josh Sinn, Alex Lucic, Nick Daicos, Sam Banks, Charlie Molan, Cooper Murley just some of the super talents next year and that's not allowing for WA who usually come up with a couple of high end prospects.

Last edited:
what do we think will happen with Hartigan?

The answer depends on Talia. If Talia has another 2-3 years, then Hartigan is probably surplus to requirements, and you trade him out for a future second or something.

I'm not convinced Talia has that long left in him though, so would rather keep Hartigan to play the Talia role in the team over the next 2-3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back