List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a crows supporter?
That time has likely passed. If we wanted him, we maybe could’ve got him very cheap last year. Either we got scared off by his drugs charge or he wanted to be with family in Melbourne to right his ship. Carlton supported him during a tough time, he’s playing great footy, they look like winning a flag soon. Ship has sailed.

Pants down around the table if we got a decent offer, that contract is a nightmare
It’s a recurring theme. We lock into these dud contracts and not long after are counting down the years til we can **** them off.

Sloane, Laird, Milera, ROB. It’s gross.

Just going back to the discussion around us bringing in a ready made ruck replacement, and the comments made over the last few years about not needing to draft a ruck as we could easily bring someone in from another club that was ready to go. Saw the below article on the AFL website - we picked a bad year to try and find a replacement for ROB and also a new backup if we intend to move either on this year.

View attachment 2031513

View attachment 2031517

I think we have no choice but to keep playing RoB, and just draft a developing ruck. Nick Bryan is the only one on that list worth trying to poach. We don't want a Port KPD situation recruiting VFL players because thats the market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a recurring theme. We lock into these dud contracts and not long after are counting down the years til we can **** them off.

Sloane, Laird, Milera, ROB. It’s gross.
Bit earlier this season himmelberg comes in and actually plays ok, clunks a few marks and kicks a few goals and my mate says to me at the game, gee finally himmelberg looks good. I said to him - its a contract year

It's not clicking for him. Thought something was there for a while but maybe not. His hands are way to slow to play inside mid. He can fend off, spread and pressure/tackle well but its not enough.
Listening to caro on 5AA yesterday, she thinks the clubs with the most to lose re the change to the bidding system this year have held sway with the AFL and the changes may be delayed until next year. If so, then if Berry can bring in a back ended pick or 2 it helps with matching a welsh bid. Hoping GWS offer Himmelberg enough of a contract that we get a compo pick to help with that as well. It all counts.

Wonder who it was then, if it wasn’t you that did this? 🤣🤣
Fair enough , if you want to personalise it yes it is. Haven’t missed one game by any team in full by replay or live for over 7 years, fantasy footy happens to be my thing. With that in mind reckon I have seen 200 hrs + of him and hours of stat work , your good self ? So back to your view, put forward your case for Marshall being so lowly rated and at odds with almost everybody or are you going to continue twisting the argument ?

How many of those would be able to lead our ruck well next year and are available?

The existing standard is O'Brien and Strachan

Any of them would likely be able to lead our ruck without a drop in standard

Listening to caro on 5AA yesterday, she thinks the clubs with the most to lose re the change to the bidding system this year have held sway with the AFL and the changes may be delayed until next year. If so, then if Berry can bring in a back ended pick or 2 it helps with matching a welsh bid. Hoping GWS offer Himmelberg enough of a contract that we get a compo pick to help with that as well. It all counts.
So what she means is, the VFL saw that it was becoming the time that SA clubs would be benefitting from the father-son rules and for 'competitive balance' reasons the rules need to be changed.
Then they realise Carlton would get screwed out of two FS picks as well, so they decided to delay it a year.

Sound about right?

I wonder what the 'competitive balance review' will say about the % of Vic teams winning the premiership since their last review?

So what she means is, the VFL saw that it was becoming the time that SA clubs would be benefitting from the father-son rules and for 'competitive balance' reasons the rules need to be changed.
Then they realise Carlton would get screwed out of two FS picks as well, so they decided to delay it a year.

Sound about right?

I wonder what the 'competitive balance review' will say about the % of Vic teams winning the premiership since their last review?
The problem is that clubs have already traded 2024 picks, on the basis of the rules as they currently stand. Changing the rules, after picks have changed hands, is inherently unfair.

Announcing the rules now, and having them take effect in 2025 is much fairer.

Back