List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I come in peace..

North are after a young ruckman for when Goldy hangs up the boots in the next couple years. I recall Hayes was highly rated u18, but appears Ladhams has gone past him (based on what I watch of Port). Do you think he is apart of the long-term plans/do you rate him?

Cheers

I don’t want this to be a pile on, but the AFL’s three strikes policy isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. Also trace amounts of cocaine are basically non existent 24 hours after use (why it’s so popular in pro sports).

Nobody here is saying the majority of players have a full blown habit and are in it every weekend. That’s a construct completely in your own mind. What is being said is the vast majority of players get on it infrequently throughout the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never said that I said if it was as rife as you think there would be more examples of guys that lose control, AFL players are not a magical species immune to addiction.

I come in peace..

North are after a young ruckman for when Goldy hangs up the boots in the next couple years. I recall Hayes was highly rated u18, but appears Ladhams has gone past him (based on what I watch of Port). Do you think he is apart of the long-term plans/do you rate him?

Cheers

Hayes is not going anywhere, he is contracted until the end if 2022.

I come in peace..

Cheers
You can have mayes for the right price... but at 187cm he isnt the tallest ruckman.

Edit: I think you edited ya post b4 i got to it... im sure it said mayes....

Show me the evidence if guys were tooting as much as you all believe there'd be more true casualties. this 'majority' of AFL footballers can all keep their drug use in control and skate the 3 strike thing eh I call bullshit.

It would be the same ratio as in the general public. So work out how many of the average 18-30 year old blokes are into it on the weekend and you have your answer.

I come in peace..

Cheers

Not for sale.

Probably needs to be normalised for the shorter quarters this year (and take out kicks/handballs which are already covered by disposals and put in say score involvements or goal assists).

Hard to quantify his impact on the team performance (and it could easily be a coincidence) but his lack of team success over the past 6 years can't go unsaid.

List management had some balls at the time and right now they deserve all the credit for where we are.

Yeah I agree with your comments - I should have normalised. I did it in a rush with the original intention to show he’s been no better at hawthorn (under Clarkson) so perhaps the decision was more about a player stagnating than h being a bad egg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this puts no one off Crouch? leadership group? Hey google, play Snowblind
It does make me wary. I agree that plenty of players would dabble every now and then, but Brad isn't on our list yet so I want the club to do its due diligence here and figure out whether the guy is going to be a problem.

I come in peace..

Cheers
Ladhams was just ready now. Hayes had an injury which held his development back a little but he's definitely the higher fancied prospect, higher ceiling too, so I would be surprised and disappointed if he were to go anywhere.

Reports that crows could get hately for free in pre season draft
Does that mean we could offer like a pick in 50’s or 60’s to gws for him?
Surely they’d prefer to get something rather then nothing. Would be a huge steal
Or it’d atleast force the crows to use up a higher pick which would be great to see aswell

Surely they’d prefer to get something rather then nothing. Would be a huge steal
Or it’d atleast force the crows to use up a higher pick which would be great to see aswell
We can offer, but if he doesn't want to have anything to do with Port, it is useless.

Think the issue is Crows are prepared to pay more for longer than us and while the Crows could get him for nothing they will do a reasonable trade. It's bad business to try and screw a club over.

Tom Morris on 'On the Couch' threw up Ports name (in addition to Carlton) as a club 'hovering' to see what is happening with 'Zach Merrett'.

Last edited:
Tom Morris on 'On the Couch' through up Ports name as a club 'hovering' to see what is happening with 'Zach Merrett'.

Absolutely perfect fit to our team if we could get him. Probably isn’t 10 other mids in the comp that would fit as good as him age, need and talent wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back