List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

The circumstances around Brad Crouch's drug use are more what I'd be concerned in.

If this has anything to do with him missing so many games through poor preparation and commitment to recovery then I'd be asking questions.
Similarly, his judgement in going out with Stengle, who has known drug and alcohol issues as evidenced by his DUI, also sets a poor example.

It's not a great look for a guy who by virtue of his age would be a leader of the club. Certainly needs to be another level of due diligence before we consider forking out 2.4 million over 4 years on him.

Tom Morris on 'On the Couch' threw up Ports name (in addition to Carlton) as a club 'hovering' to see what is happening with 'Zach Merrett'.
In the Draft Mega Thread I said my #1 target is a 196cm KPD and #2 is a left foot midfield who plays in the middle not the wing, and that was more for experienced trades but if we couldn't trade in these type of players, then we had to draft them in.

Zach Merrett is the type of midfield left footer I'm interested in.

Isn ‘t he contracted for next year.? We would have no currency to gte him outbof Dodo this year surely.

Yes he is. They described the attention in part as a pre-agent thing, but also that there was a sniff at Essendon atm.

I come in peace..

North are after a young ruckman for when Goldy hangs up the boots in the next couple years. I recall Hayes was highly rated u18, but appears Ladhams has gone past him (based on what I watch of Port). Do you think he is apart of the long-term plans/do you rate him?

Cheers
If Hayes can build a tank he could be a star. Is a fantastic prospect. Doubt we will let him go. Could surpass Lycett soon enough.

Yeah Merrett is the kind of midfielder we are looking for but can we get literally anyone else but Merrett? Has always appeared to me like a stats-padding front runner and I think he's considerably overrated. Wouldn't burn the place down if we got him and I'd welcome any player to Port with open arms, but noting that we'd have to deal with Essendon to get him as he's contracted until the end of next year I don't think he'd be worth the hassle.

I like Viney but he's probably too similar to Wines and doesn't offer a different dimension to our midfield group.

Crouch hits a bit of a sweet spot between the two but between his injury history and now drug-bust (which I personally don't give a rat's arse about, but it would undoubtedly dampen the club's interest a bit due to culture and publicity concerns), he'd be a risk as well.

No players really sticking out for me so far in terms of trade targets unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s this for a lol Essendon moment. Apparently the reason Saad is pissed off is because they initially offered him a 5 year deal.

It was a big brain gambit to offer 5 years on shit money to try and end up at a 4 year deal on more reasonable money. Essendon then fell apart as soon as the contract freeze ended and now Saad is thinking he might as well go get both 5yrs and good money at a club actually going somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back