List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom McDonald for cheap to play in the backline... Dees pay some of the contract?

Wow we are paying up bigly for Crouch.

Sounds like this bloke on SEN reads big footy. Luke Dunstan going home for a later pick by the sounds.

Still nothing on Caldwell.

Everyone needs to settle cause its obvious whats going down

Through Caldwell and his manager LethGags have planted a seed in Donkeydoros head believing Caldwell will sign with the Dopers if they hand over their 1st rounder to the Saints for Dunkley who is actually Dunstan of course once Donkeydoro hands over their 1st we will use this to give to the Dogs for the real Dunkley and sign Caldwell before Donkeydoro even notices that Dunkley is Dunstan

We get Caldwell and Dunkley
Dogs get Dopers 1st Rounder
Dopers get Dunstan

Saints go any Premiership
Dopers go any Woodenspoon

Crows dont want spook
And everyone over here saying theyll match to get our 15
Youd think we would get that 19 back
Worst case scenario for us i think

Im sure they're gonna match and be knobs about it

(I have no contacts and am not itk)

Makes 0 sense to try and play hardball to trade Crouch. At best, the trade would revolve around our first round pick.

It would be much easier for them to find a trade that both clubs are happy with, the could persuade St Kilda to pony up enough cash to get band 1 compo. Adelaide know Crouch is gone. By going FA we are both able to play with a little bit of the houses money as a first round pick materialises out of nowhere.

If they were trade us a 3rd for McKenzie for example, they would be looking at an exchange of Crouch and a 3rd for Pick 2 and McKenzie. They won't get close to that value on the open market. Would getting rid of McKenzie's contract make it worth us offering an extra $100-200k, I would suggest it probably would.

I really think giving them Dunstan, who would start in their centre square is the win/win scenario. But a lot of the crows fans seem to think he behind guys like Poholke, Keays etc. Reckon he would be a great fit personally.

Doesn't the compensation take into account other players traded in to the team that the fa is leaving?

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's based purely on the free agency transfers.

This probably works for us to be honest. Atkins and Hartigan won't attract much compo. But Add Crouch and if that pushes them into band 1 compo we have no incentive to up our contract offer and they have no need to match our bid.

If they just miss out on band 1 compo, it would be in their interest to find a way to get us to increase our offer. This secret formula business is BS. The AFL will have told both St Kilda and Adelaide the exact dollar amount we would need to pay to get that highest banding. It is all about optics, they will have told us that they can justify pushing North back to pick 3 due to Crouch's $800k offer, but maybe not due to his $600k offer.

Either way, Adelaide and St Kilda both know how it will go down and Crouch is 100% coming to St Kilda as a free agent. The question will just be whether there is a side deal. If a $600k deal gets it done, I don't think there is in any need to be greedy.

Sounds like this bloke on SEN reads big footy. Luke Dunstan going home for a later pick by the sounds.

Edmund added an extra 150k and a guaranteed 5th year on to what multiple journalists were reporting yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It never ceases to amaze me how blokes who earn $$ to be 'expert's in the media don't even understand the basics of free agency, trading and drafts. Listening to Jack Heverin on SEN last night & he was discussing how "Crouch to StK wouldn't have too many problems getting done... Adelaide won't match, etc and you'd expect that StK will come up with picks or possibly players like Dunstan to do the deal"

WTF!

I won't go in the drivel that he said about Crouch as a player.

Drives me insane. And we rely on these muppets to keep us informed.

Sorry Mate he’s Essendon , have very little respect for him myself .

Very few players I've seen in my life can lay claim to putting everything on the line to win us a flag and nearly managing it. Goddard is one of them and I will always respect him for that. Let's not continue to argue whether Goddard is a saint or a bomber though , I was angry when he left too so I get where you are coming from and it's been done to death.

My main point there was that I think he sees himself as a saint, or at very least just as much of a saint as a bomber, and that he has said he regrets a lot of his time there.

Do we need another developing mid in Caldwell? Seems the strategy is to accelerate our progress and getting someone like Crouch puts us in the window from next year if we can add some key position depth. I'm comfortable missing out and picking up and established mid over the next year or two to finish our midfield.

It never ceases to amaze me how blokes who earn $$ to be 'expert's in the media don't even understand the basics of free agency, trading and drafts. Listening to Jack Heverin on SEN last night & he was discussing how "Crouch to StK wouldn't have too many problems getting done... Adelaide won't match, etc and you'd expect that StK will come up with picks or possibly players like Dunstan to do the deal"

WTF!

It legit drives me insane how often these guys talk like free agents need to be traded for. And their co-hosts rarely point it out.

WTF!

True. At least Edmond went with 5 years between 3.5 to 4 mill which would be band 1. Then surmised that the Saints and Adelaide will trade someone like Dunstan later on for a pick.

Exactly what many of us said yesterday.

Then came out saying there are "mixed messages" we are still pursuing Caldwell. WTF? Mixed messages are tweets from journo's like Browne making shit up.

So we get Crouch and the three years of work on Caldwell we just drop? Was tweeted by Tom Morris the Crouch selection came as no surprise to Caldwells camp and it does not affect the decision.

They make stuff up for the drama of it all.

We need to pay as much as possible so that crows don't match and we keep pick 15.

If we can land Crouch I would take 15 to the draft for a genuine mid and in 2/3 years time Hanners/Ross will be out of the picture.

Must hold onto pick 15.
SEN saying we have offered Crouch 700-800 per year for 5 years?! If that is so, then Adelaide will get high compensation. Also mentioned that a trade of Webster possible. Jye Caldwell was stated still as an option but thought this had dropped with the Crouch deal however not out of contention.
If you watch the footy shows, they say the deal for Crouch is around 600k for 4 years with a 5th trigger? SEN seems to be the only difference of opinion.

I’m sure Tom Browne is talking rubbish about Dunkley, but on the off chance he wasn’t, we’d be mad not to have a crack. Crouch as a FA and Dunkley traded in would give us an elite midfield. Would be worth going all out.

Dunkley has two years left on his contract. He is a star.

I can’t believe it’s even a story. Bulldogs should just shut it down and not engage. If they don’t then we should have a crack. Our midfield would be complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back