List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, Collingwood have to trade Treloar, and they will. They are prepared to pay a quarter of his money for next year, and want a first this year.
At this stage none of that appeals to us. We will hover around and wait for the terms to become more agreeable.
We have been working the phones hard today on players we want to move on. We obviously need to get money off our books if we want to add another big contract.
One of our mids has his nose out of joint with our trade activity, will be interesting to see what may eventuate from that.
As always appreciate your updates.

Don’t expect you to name the mid but if that is their attitude then I would suggest we should move them on as they have the wrong mentality.

Bit late to it but my take on Lethers talking down our chances of Treloar was a very calculated statement to ensure we don't sound desperate to free up funds to land him.

If other clubs believe we are super keen on him but need $ to get it done they'll offer well unders for our players knowing we would likely accept it.

A clever devil is Lethers
Exactly. Last position we want to be in is desperate to sell.

The way I look at it:

- Get Treloar and Higgins now in addition to Crouch and we have a list good enough to be in contention in 2021 and 2022 (Before Ryder and Carlisle both get past it). Plus Treloar will be cheaper than he normally will have, SO SEIZE THE DAY
- Whereas BKing will have to be traded for and the deal may never happen. Besides he is contracted till 2022, and so potentially could be traded for with out 2022 and 2023 first rounders.
- Getting Treloar now does not have to not mean getting BKing to play in 2023+ (Indeed maybe he slots in for Ryder). But even if it meant not getting him gaining Treloar makes a lot of sense.

couldnt agree more

Guys, Collingwood have to trade Treloar, and they will. They are prepared to pay a quarter of his money for next year, and want a first this year.
At this stage none of that appeals to us. We will hover around and wait for the terms to become more agreeable.
We have been working the phones hard today on players we want to move on. We obviously need to get money off our books if we want to add another big contract.
One of our mids has his nose out of joint with our trade activity, will be interesting to see what may eventuate from that.

Doubt it’s number 7 ..........myself , tough , gives everything he has got ..might be another number.

Someone who picks and chooses going hard at the ball and likes pointing

Surely the only best 22 mid with his nose out of joint would be Ross.
I can’t see Steele, Jones, Gresh, Billings or Hanners on his big contract being too worried.

Dunstan maybe.

Yeah, process of elimination seems about right.

Has seen Steele, Hanners and Jones brought in around him, Crouch this season as "need inside mid and clearance guy", Gresh rotate in, Battle rotate in, Hunter rotate in, Hill brought in so Billings can rotate in more. The outlier in the team in Ross as he's rotated out of the midfield at times the past 2 years.

Then say we're in convo with Treloar and seeing what transpires, that further drives a wedge there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this talk of having to use a first this year for Ben King is not really accurate. I can’t see King leaving Suns anytime soon, and if he does I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to another Melbourne based club.
We want to use our first this year to bring in another talented kid, we have a very specific list plan which requires us to keep adding young talent through the draft, especially after missing out early last year.

Thought I heard on Trade Radio yesterday that Doggies are going to go hard for Bing next year.

Law of diminishing returns. WB have 5 gun inside mids which is why Dunkley has been played out of position all year.

The above trade equates to a better team balance, as they are strengthening a weakness they have (small forwards) and bolstering their draft hand at the same time.

Also, Kane Cornes recently called Stephenson a generational talent as well, so rates him very highly.

Time to start talking up Seb Ross's strengths,achievements,awards etc ... ;)
We don't want the oppo lurkers to believe we would be happy for a 3rd rounder and a packet of Twisties ..

Man's still a great footballer, bit like Armo in how he's perceived with the slow start, couple years of great and then a fade.

We've been shizen as a club on field for most of it, but he's still a brilliant footballer to have on a list.

Long
The way I look at it:

- Get Treloar and Higgins now in addition to Crouch and we have a list good enough to be in contention in 2021 and 2022 (Before Ryder and Carlisle both get past it). Plus Treloar will be cheaper than he normally will have, SO SEIZE THE DAY
- Whereas BKing will have to be traded for and the deal may never happen. Besides he is contracted till 2022, and so potentially could be traded for with out 2022 and 2023 first rounders.
- Getting Treloar now does not have to not mean getting BKing to play in 2023+ (Indeed maybe he slots in for Ryder). But even if it meant not getting him gaining Treloar makes a lot of sense.
The thing is Treloar has a long costly contract (5yrs) if we do get him I doubt we have any need for Higgins - the reason being we will be forcing another player out of the starting 22.
Tell you the truth giving any person a contract which ends when he turns 32 is a hell of a risk and having Crouch might be enough risk taking.
If we don't get Treloar , Higgins would be good because he could rotate with Gresham.

What is Ross worth?
And to whom?
[/QUOTE]
Saad apparently is worth pick 8. Ross is only 1 year older, more versatile (as seen this year), taken higher in the draft, dual B&F, AA squad I believe and contracted. Surely there is not much difference between the value of the two of them.

Man's still a great footballer, bit like Armo in how he's perceived with the slow start, couple years of great and then a fade.

We've been shizen as a club on field for most of it, but he's still a brilliant footballer to have on a list.
We will never get trade value for Ross for what he is worth.

What is Ross worth?
And to whom?
Saad apparently is worth pick 8. Ross is only 1 year older, more versatile (as seen this year), taken higher in the draft, dual B&F, AA squad I believe and contracted. Surely there is not much difference between the value of the two of them.
[/QUOTE]
If we could get a high pick for him he would be out the door before he could get his bags packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back